• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned House That Jack Built [Update 5] [Slonique]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
My point is, I just always thought people would prefer a character that knew what they were doing. Guess I was wayyyyy off the mark.
I agree with you, but perhaps because I'm above the player's average age.
I can play games where the MC know less than me, but there's a limit to his ignorance. To caricature it, there's game where its almost if I'm not saying out loud, "Oh, come on ! She's naked in front of you, legs spread wide, it's obvious what she want !". And those are really hard to play ; I play adult games for the lust, not for the frustration to see a MC even more clueless than me. And, while the MC isn't a total idiot here, this game is still on the side of the hard ones.
Being a 20 year old virgin don't mean that you are an ugly idiot, nor that you really can't take a single hint. Generally it's more because you lack of confidence. You understand clearly what she want, it's just that it's too good to be true and so prefer to think that you misunderstood ; simply because it's better than her making fun of you because she was just playing with your naivety.

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...what i love the most, in those preview pics, is the characters' expressions... damn, so intense...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Keep us posted, for a Slonique game this one looks surprisingly vanilla and decent.
Its quite tame. Could be even nice. But characters are over the top stereotypes sometimes and.. thats before the teen looking mc starts ranting about male superiority. Usual complaints about this one. Writing is silly. On the good side, there is at least writing. So characters do talk and interact. A huge step forward i must say. There are moments when its decent enough. But its always followed by someone acting like a parody of a sane person.

Yes, forgot it. Obviously its still slonique game so you either go full wimp or full douche to see lewds. This is much better than OhMyLove/OnMyOwn. If this would be his first game i'd say it could get somewhere. This isn't terrible really. Can i call it good? No. Mc isn't charming at all. On good route you favour girl A or B, on bad route you favour girl C. I choosed to pick options that seemed to most reasonable that would make mc appear as a normal decent human being. Guess how many lewd scenes i managed to unlock. None.

I couldn't skip the text. So replaying is a clickfest (Yes, the option was on to skip text).
To unlock everything several playthrough is required and without being able to skip its tedious. Just keep replaying Day1 or 2 to have everything unlocked. Takes needlessly long time though as you can't reload as that re-locks scenes in the gallery. When you unlock a scene, you have to get through the whole day and then play it again from the given menu to replay days to keep scenes unlocked.
Haha, go on full good guy, and guess what? The good girl wants you to be a bad guy :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Yes, forgot it.
Didn't see your edit. Thanks for the thorough answer. So basically another Slonique game, right? Amazing renders, absurd character behaviour and the skip button disabled for some reason. I wouldn't mind trying it, but the fact that you can't skip seems tedious as shit since there isn't usually a way to properly know if the answer was the correct or not.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Amazing renders, absurd character behaviour and the skip button disabled for some reason. I wouldn't mind trying it, but the fact that you can't skip seems tedious as shit since there isn't usually a way to properly know if the answer was the correct or not.
It is tedious as shit. Its easy to tell which one will give good or bad guy points, but several scenes are tied to maxing out one so no matter what you choose you have to get through both days several times without having a skip option. For basically a single render. No animation in here so the scenes in the gallery are not actualy sceens. They are single images. You don't replay the whole scene from the gallery you see, you just get the image background of the scene.

Not as infuriating and soulkilling as in Manila Shaw but still, not being able to skip, you'll be clicking several hundred times if you wanna unlock everything is still annoying. Gallery shouldn't re-lock scenes because of reload but it does.

I'm considering a quick walkthrough so others wouldn't have to figure everything out which results several needles playthroughs trying out options.

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
didnt played sinze the first release...

guess after 4 updates (?!) i give it a try and see if i change my review.
my expectation are honestly low.
specially based on that pic posted just before the update when i see "YOU" saying that red "bitch" is your..... -_-

here i go... it's grinding time.

Reactions: Canto Forte

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Would have loved to play and review this game, but sadly, my anti virus ran crazy about all the pyd files. I do, very rarely, get false alarms for exe files which can be fixed quite quickly. But other than any other Ren'Py games, it seems like Slonique is the only game dev who seems to use all these pyd files, for whatever reason.

Reactions: Mike81
1.50 star(s) 2 Votes