Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
For what purpose, guys?
I will avoid asking questions and most likely writing here again in the future if this bumps you.
Receiving these answers just for a simple question seems excessive to me, but surely it is my fault, perhaps I am too old for a community as young as yours.
If I told you that I found out a few years ago what IRL means, what would you do then?

Anyway I can tell you that I have talked to my friend and we are reevaluating some things, all scenes involving other men will be cut or hidden.
That way those who want to play only with the mc will be happy and won't be able to complain*.

*Impossible this, I am sure you will find a way to complain anyway ;)

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
For what purpose, guys?
I will avoid asking questions and most likely writing here again in the future if this bumps you.
Receiving these answers just for a simple question seems excessive to me, but surely it is my fault, perhaps I am too old for a community as young as yours.
If I told you that I found out a few years ago what IRL means, what would you do then?

Anyway I can tell you that I have talked to my friend and we are reevaluating some things, all scenes involving other men will be cut or hidden.
That way those who want to play only with the mc will be happy and won't be able to complain*.

I hope you don't take what we said as a negative. A lot of people are just sensitive to certain content. We aren't trying to be negative about it, we promise. But there are major reasons why. Let me see if I can give you an example. I just woke up, so I hope I make sense.

There is a website called " ". The website is fairy old at this point. Its strict reason for existing was just as a trigger warning for those that felt extremely sensitive to that subject matter. Some people can't handle or don't like to see Dog's die in movies, so they made this site. However, it's not JUST about Dogs anymore. It's now a bit of a trigger warning for almost any negative subject under the son, including bugs, sexual assault and any manner of negative topics. My point is that, the tags on this website are a way for people to see what is in a game to see if it's something they wish to play. There are some people that are sensitive to cheating/NTR for a LOT of reasons and wish not to see it. Same with rape and dying dogs, these are uncomfortable subjects.

I hope that you can further understand WHY we are so strongly opposed to this tag.

I would say that if you wish to do what you want, it's okay. Freedom of expression is in YOUR right to do so. That being said, it'd make a LOT of people more comfortable to play a game that doesn't involve the girls MC's trying to get with, with other men. If it's possible, I'd say you should avoid it. I'd say if you CAN do it, I'd cut those scenes. That guarantees that people can't complain about it.

However, it's all up to you. That's the beauty of this place. It's a community focused area where people visit to give their thoughts on a product. They aren't always the nicest, or the smartest, but they give you a lot of feedback on what they do NOT like in your game.

Have a fantastic day!

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
As one that likes variety, if you'd ask me I'd say that the best route is not cutting them entirely, but putting a way for the MC to prevent it from happening, if the player so decides.

Hypothetical Example: you planned to have a sex scene between a Barmaid (not a LI!!!) and a Guard Sergeant that the MC befriends.

Planned situation: the MC and the Sergeant enter the Inn, order a mug of wine and talk about plot matters. The MC discovers that he can go visit a witch that can brew an Invisibility Potion and immediately leaves. The Sergeant and the Barmaid get close and when the MC returns to the Inn, he can see them having sex.
Cut situation: The MC leaves and nothing happens. The Sergeant stays at the table getting drunk and the barmaid will die a virgin in old age.
Hidden situation: The MC leaves and the players don't see anything. You know the Sergeant and the barmaid had sex, but no player does, even those that would have liked the scene.
Skip situation: The MC leaves, but he can return later. The Sergeant and the Barmaid get close and they retire to the private room to have sex: the player can choose between entering the room and seeing them having sex, or staying in the common room and not seeing it.
Avoid situation: The MC leaves, and he can choose to let the Seargent stay at the Inn or ask him to go together to the witch's hut. In the first case, the Sergeant and the Barmaid have sex, in the latter they don't.

I think everyone sensible will agree that the best choice is the "Avoidable" situation. Or even better: a situation that is both "Avoidable" and "Skippable" (3 outcomes: you prevent it, you let it happen and see it, you let it happen but you don't have to watch it).
This way you will make happy those that like that kind of content, those that don't want to see it but aren't bothered by the possibility and those that are bothered by the very idea of sex happening between game characters.
Yes: it requires a bit more of work, but very often, with a bit of smart planning, the two branches can be easily collapsed back into one.

Another thing to stress: if you put sex scenes between a Love Interest and anybody else but the MC, you will never find a way to make your game palatable to those that don't appreciate it.
The consensus is that either you completely avoid showing involvement of Love Interests with other men (even before they meet the MC) or you could very well embrace the tag and dive fully into the sharing/swinging/everyone-has-sex-with-everyone way.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
For what purpose, guys?
If there are doubts about what something means, ask people, yesterday I discovered what several things meant (I think they were CNC and FCMN) that I had never heard of. Actually you are not the first nor will you be the last developer who is going to ask what the term LI means (and if it happens it is answered and that's it, nobody is born learned)

As long as we can prevent LIs from having sex scenes with guys other than the MC (at least since they start any relationship with the MC, and if it's sooner I won't complain), I don't think it's necessary to remove them from the game.

As one that likes variety, if you'd ask me I'd say that the best route is not cutting them entirely, but putting a way for the MC to prevent it from happening, if the player so decides.

Hypothetical Example: you planned to have a sex scene between a Barmaid (not a LI!!!) and a Guard Sergeant that the MC befriends.

Planned situation: the MC and the Sergeant enter the Inn, order a mug of wine and talk about plot matters. The MC discovers that he can go visit a witch that can brew an Invisibility Potion and immediately leaves. The Sergeant and the Barmaid get close and when the MC returns to the Inn, he can see them having sex.
Cut situation: The MC leaves and nothing happens. The Sergeant stays at the table getting drunk and the barmaid will die a virgin in old age.
Hidden situation: The MC leaves and the players don't see anything. You know the Sergeant and the barmaid had sex, but no player does, even those that would have liked the scene.
Skip situation: The MC leaves, but he can return later. The Sergeant and the Barmaid get close and they retire to the private room to have sex: the player can choose between entering the room and seeing them having sex, or staying in the common room and not seeing it.
Avoid situation: The MC leaves, and he can choose to let the Seargent stay at the Inn or ask him to go together to the witch's hut. In the first case, the Sergeant and the Barmaid have sex, in the latter they don't.

I think everyone sensible will agree that the best choice is the "Avoidable" situation. Or even better: a situation that is both "Avoidable" and "Skippable" (3 outcomes: you prevent it, you let it happen and see it, you let it happen but you don't have to watch it).
This way you will make happy those that like that kind of content, those that don't want to see it but aren't bothered by the possibility and those that are bothered by the very idea of sex happening between game characters.
Yes: it requires a bit more of work, but very often, with a bit of smart planning, the two branches can be easily collapsed back into one.
I think you've laid it out perfectly.

In my case, if she's not an LI (or she's a possible LI with her partner at the time, before starting a relationship with the MC), I don't see a problem with them having sex. But I have no interest in seeing it. I will prefer to avoid certain situations (such as content that I really dislike, for example rapes, or scenes that include LIs, without a completely rational reason, I just feel that way) and others I will not care if I only can skip them (sex scenes of strangers, or non-romantic girls with anyone, as long as they don't include fetishes that I don't like). But, for me, except for very specific things (among which rapes occupy the first place) it isn't strictly necessary that there be the option to avoid the scene, being able to skip it is enough.

Another thing is that certain attitudes of a specific LI in relation to this type of scenes can make my interest in her drop to zero.

In any case, given the choice, I always choose to avoid scenes where the MC doesn't participate. It seems to me the safest option for my tastes.

Another thing to stress: if you put sex scenes between a Love Interest and anybody else but the MC, you will never find a way to make your game palatable to those that don't appreciate it.
The consensus is that either you completely avoid showing involvement of Love Interests with other men (even before they meet the MC) or you could very well embrace the tag and dive fully into the sharing/swinging/everyone-has-sex-with-everyone way.
Kuggazer, I recommend you that if the game is intended to be harem, any scene that includes a LI and some guy other than the MC be clear, complete, and easily avoidable.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I recommend you that if the game is intended to be harem, any scene that includes a LI and some guy other than the MC be clear, complete, and easily avoidable.
To err on the side of caution, if the game is intended to be harem, I strongly reccomend that any sexy scene that includes a romanceable girl and anybody else than the MC (male or female) to be completely scrapped and never mentioned even as a theoretical possibilty in private talks outside the game forums/channels.
That's pure flamewar material.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
As long as we can prevent LIs from having sex scenes with guys other than the MC (at least since they start any relationship with the MC, and if it's sooner I won't complain), I don't think it's necessary to remove them from the game.
I appreciate the unbiased take, but if this is a Harem game I'd say it IS necessary to remove from the game. I know it doesn't bother you if it's avoidable, but it's a BIG question mark to others cause it's like "Wow! You just made a scene with a LI... why?" that takes out content from other paths and introduces an unneeded situations where your future LI's easily gets with someone else, when MC has to work through MULTIPLE updates just to catch a hint of boob. Or, it shows how promiscuous a LI is where if it's MC or random fuck boy, that it makes no difference. Really fucks with the Harem vibes.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Yes, I think the best thing is not to include any content that is not about Mc.
Doing different paths, for us would be quite crazy not having enough resources.
Daz is not like HS that you only need one click to get a picture.
Here we are talking about hours and hours of rendering and by necessity, it would go to take away content in one or the other route.

Maybe if we get stuck one day, you could help us ;)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I appreciate the unbiased take, but if this is a Harem game I'd say it IS necessary to remove from the game. I know it doesn't bother you if it's avoidable, but it's a BIG question mark to others cause it's like "Wow! You just made a scene with a LI... why?" that takes out content from other paths and introduces an unneeded situations where your future LI's easily gets with someone else, when MC has to work through MULTIPLE updates just to catch a hint of boob. Or, it shows how promiscuous a LI is where if it's MC or random fuck boy, that it makes no difference. Really fucks with the Harem vibes.
Ok, I see your point, and I think you're right that many fans of the genre don't want this kind of optional scenes in the game (at least from what I've read over the years). I guess I'm weird about this

Here we are talking about hours and hours of rendering and by necessity, it would go to take away content in one or the other route.

From what you write, guess it's best to rule it out entirely

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Ok, I see your point, and I think you're right that many fans of the genre don't want this kind of optional scenes in the game (at least from what I've read over the years). I guess I'm weird about this
Yeah, as I said, I respect that point of view. I think we're ALL a bit weird. For example, it's annoying to have avoidable scenes for me, BUT, I can take En Tee Argh in specific context. For example in Making Memories and in Triple Ex both do it in a different way:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But yeah, I think EVERYONE on this site is a bit weird and crazy. Why the hell would we post here otherwise :p

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021

Yes, it's what is usually called "Only One Dick".
While I would've preferred multiple paths (as they don't necessarily require more pictures), I understand perfectly, as I have been in the same position and I've taken the same decision.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
When I play a game I'm the MC and I'm not a fan of sharing, to put it mildly! ;) So sharing (MMF) and NTR games are not my games. Even skipable isn't enough for me if the Dev write it like that. Avoidable is another thing, that I can accept. I get my scene and the NTR followers get theirs. I can share my LI with another LI (FFM), but I don't like orgy scenes with 14 girls and me, as some very popular games (not by me) have.

So, as I like this game I'm hoping the game will go in my direction. (If not I'll just leave queitly!) I like the story and the renders so far and hopefully the LIs from the home world will be included in the harem.

Reactions: Cernunnos. and EJW

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
Yeah, as I said, I respect that point of view. I think we're ALL a bit weird. For example, it's annoying to have avoidable scenes for me, BUT, I can take En Tee Argh in specific context. For example in Making Memories and in Triple Ex both do it in a different way:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But yeah, I think EVERYONE on this site is a bit weird and crazy. Why the hell would we post here otherwise :p
Tbh after your review I'd be willing to give Triple ex a 2nd try but my problem is I don't find the sister attractive at all. :KEK:

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys, I have released the second chapter. If you can, please help me with the tags. Let me know if I need to add more.

Reactions: Ahchi and KKpotato

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys I have opened a short poll regarding HIBAH. If you can, please vote. It is important for us.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys I have opened a short poll regarding HIBAH. If you can, please vote. It is important for us.

Can't do it on patreon but just my two cents, I guess I'd go for more cat. Simply because having a human girl with just cat-ears, tail and maybe whiskers slapped onto her is something I've seen too much already :LOL:

4.10 star(s) 52 Votes