Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hi can I request an alternate upload site for this please? I don't have access to Mega in my country. :(
I think you will have to wait for them to update the first post. They usually do multi host.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
shame it´s a sandbox-game...if you ever make it as a normal vn without grinding, i´m on board...even then...good luck
There will be no grinding, you just have to talk to people and pick up a few items on the screen. Nothing to repeat to the point of exhaustion. If you haven't tried it yet I invite you to do so, you will judge for yourself ;)

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
OK, for me...there seems to be an issue while in full screen mode, my mouse pointer disappears from my screen. And while in window mode the mouse pointer is much larger than normal, and when I select full screen it disappears again. I can not play this while this happens.

UPDATE:
I removed the "cursor.rpa" file from my game folder (moved it to another location to keep safe for later). And ran the game...the game errored once, then I clicked ignore and the game ran fine without that huge cursor.

I also included the error that resulted from the missing cursor.rpa file, of which I removed.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/cursor/mouse.png') at 0x000000000881f640>:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 210, in script call
    call _gl_test
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in script
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 390, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/cursor/mouse.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ __gl_test()
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3341, in interact
    self.start()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2297, in start
    surf = renpy.display.im.load_surface(fn)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1932, in load_surface
    return cache.get(image(im))
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 295, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 720, in load
    raise e
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 685, in load
    filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 820, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
How I became a hero 0.2
Tue Dec 27 12:48:25 2022
[/CODE]

Last edited:

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
OK, for me...there seems to be an issue while in full screen mode, my mouse pointer disappears from my screen. And while in window mode the mouse pointer is much larger than normal, and when I select full screen it disappears again. I can not play this while this happens.

UPDATE:
I removed the "cursor.rpa" file from my game folder (moved it to another location to keep safe for later). And ran the game...the game errored once, then I clicked ignore and the game ran fine without that huge cursor.

I also included the error that resulted from the missing cursor.rpa file, of which I removed.

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('images/cursor/mouse.png') at 0x000000000881f640>:
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
    $ __gl_test()
    _gl_performance_test()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ __gl_test()
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3341, in interact
    self.start()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2297, in start
    surf = renpy.display.im.load_surface(fn)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1932, in load_surface
    return cache.get(image(im))
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 295, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 720, in load
    raise e
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 685, in load
    filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\HTPC\Downloads\HIBAH-CH2-pc\HIBAH-0.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 820, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
How I became a hero 0.2
Tue Dec 27 12:48:25 2022
[/CODE]
Thank you for the report. I will investigate this problem.

Nauzhror

Jul 16, 2018
PROMISING.. but seriously, non-changeable MC name? I don't mind, but SERIOUSLY? That code is so easy to implement! But I'd like to know the reasoning..
No default name is a much bigger annoyance to me, as then you risk naming yourself the same thing as another character and it leading to rather confusing dialogue.

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Just something early on that screamed at me...it's a bit strange for a guy to call his son (adopted or otherwise) 'honey'.:)
You are not the first person to tell me that, may I know why?
What difference does it make if a man or a woman says it? In my country it's the same thing.
In any case, how could I say it better?

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
I take it English is not your native language. That being said, apart from a few syntax errors and cumbersome expressions, the dialogue was really good. I am enjoying the story a lot. Good game!

Reactions: Papa Ernie
4.10 star(s) 52 Votes