VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Let’s talk about v0.4

The whole chapter 4 was pretty damn long. Mostly because of the action scenes, I love doing them, but they take a lot of time to make. Fortunately, the next chapter will be more focused on romance. It should be easier.

So, we had our first sex scenes in this chapter... I hope you enjoyed them? I probably have a lot to learn, but it looks like it wasn't too bad ? If so, I'm happy.

The "bonus" ending was originally supposed to be there if the player didn't favor any girls. But things have changed a bit, and it wasn't necessary after all. I decided to put it in anyway, but it seems like many of you were.... confused?

I guess I can understand why, it seems like refusing the Dark God's choice was a good decision and yet it leads to a bad ending. I don't have any particular idea how to improve things, maybe make the protagonist say he has a bad feeling about refusing, so the player has some hint of what's going to happen...? I'll think about that.

Actually, I like Blackstorm's attitude. I feel like she's the least evil of the pack, for her it's more a "business is business" attitude.

About what’s coming next:

The beginning of each arc is very similar, but don't worry, things will be very different later on. Each antagonist has a very different plan to reach their target.

Each heroine will have a different reaction after the "sex dream", I'm really looking forward to showing them all.

Many of you are asking more information about the Prime Minister. I haven't answered so far, because I'm not sure about what to say, there is some information that are supposed to come later, and of course I don't want to say too much so you can't guess what will happen next. That being said, I think it's important that I clarify her character a bit more, so I may write something. I've been thinking for a while about writing some "lore" article about this world and these characters, so maybe I'll start with her... ? I'm not sure yet, I'll think about it.

One thing I want to say is that HIBTBS is an action fight battle. So don’t expect the Prime Minister to become the main antagonist, there will be no big fight against her, that’s not what her character is about. Same way, don’t expect a full chapter of complot and mind strategy battle to expose her, that’s just not this sort of game.

BUT... at the end of the game, she’ll be deal with, karma is waiting for her, and she will not like it.

That’s all for me, currently working on the next chapter, time to start seriously the romance part!

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Many of you are asking more information about the Prime Minister. I haven't answered so far, because I'm not sure about what to say, there is some information that are supposed to come later, and of course I don't want to say too much so you can't guess what will happen next. That being said, I think it's important that I clarify her character a bit more, so I may write something. I've been thinking for a while about writing some "lore" article about this world and these characters, so maybe I'll start with her... ? I'm not sure yet, I'll think about it.

One thing I want to say is that HIBTBS is an action fight battle. So don’t expect the Prime Minister to become the main antagonist, there will be no big fight against her, that’s not what her character is about. Same way, don’t expect a full chapter of complot and mind strategy battle to expose her, that’s just not this sort of game.

BUT... at the end of the game, she’ll be deal with, karma is waiting for her, and she will not like it.
I should clarify a bit since I was one of those asking about Mrs. PM and speculate on ways to defeat her. In the end, what I'd like is for the MC to start actively work against Mrs. PM. How that is done is secondary. It should be clear by now that she is no friend of MC and his loved ones and can't be ignored.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I should clarify a bit since I was one of those asking about Mrs. PM and speculate on ways to defeat her. In the end, what I'd like is for the MC to start actively work against Mrs. PM. How that is done is secondary. It should be clear by now that she is no friend of MC and his loved ones and can't be ignored.
This is just pure speculation on my part, but it seems as though the PM will be addressed indirectly through the MC breaking the current relationship between her and the Knights/Saintess. 2 of the 4 romance options directly interfere with the PM's meddling, and the other 2 offer their own paths forward on how to change the current dynamic.

Alternatively, Lunardis could just have her killed off by whatever the Chaos God is unleashing since it's apparently on a power level similar to his. I think it would be hilarious to see the PM be eaten light a french fry.

The "bonus" ending was originally supposed to be there if the player didn't favor any girls. But things have changed a bit, and it wasn't necessary after all. I decided to put it in anyway, but it seems like many of you were.... confused?
I think where my confusion stemmed from was the overarching themes of light and dark that dominate the story. I thought that by accepting his gift that he would somehow corrupt the MC and eventually lead to a "bad" ending, but after subsequent playthroughs it started to make more sense that wasn't the case. I'm always weary of accepting any type of gift from a notorious character due to the scheming, much less the god of darkness and chaos himself.

To also add, as you mentioned previously it's a bit weird if you have the incest patch installed and favored Angelica as you're essentially pounding your sister. That seems like the perfect lead up into a corruption path for the Chaos God moving forward.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
You weren't the only one in fact, there were a few other questions, by private message or on other platforms.

And I found your questions very legitimate, as I said, it's just I'm not sure how to answer them.

What I can say is that you don't have to worry, the Prime Minister will not be ignored.

I think where my confusion stemmed from was the overarching themes of light and dark that dominate the story. I thought that by accepting his gift that he would somehow corrupt the MC and eventually lead to a "bad" ending, but after subsequent playthroughs it started to make more sense that wasn't the case. I'm always weary of accepting any type of gift from a notorious character due to the scheming, much less the god of darkness and chaos himself.
Yes, you're right, I just didn't think about it when I wrote that scene. Like I said, I'm still thinking about how to fix it. The best way is probably to undo the choice of opening the door or not, but that would mean the "bonus ending" would disappear, and I'm a little annoyed by that. I mean, it took some time to create it, after all, and I feel like it provides an interesting perspective on how the storyline would evolve if the war suddenly stopped.

annoo

Jul 12, 2021
First of all, thanks for the update Lunardis! Now I'm totally sure about what I will spend my free time on today! :love:

Like I said, I'm still thinking about how to fix it. The best way is probably to undo the choice of opening the door or not, but that would mean the "bonus ending" would disappear, and I'm a little annoyed by that. I mean, it took some time to create it, after all, and I feel like it provides an interesting perspective on how the storyline would evolve if the war suddenly stopped.
Here is my random idea: What about adding an extra/omake option to the title screen/main menu of the game? Maybe make it only appear if certain conditions are met during a playthrough?

Reactions: Lunardis

Arararagi-san

Mar 24, 2021
Holy fuck christmas came early, this one has fun character, good writing, unique MC, cool worldbuilding AND incest. Really excited to see what happens next.

Only downside is that it seems it won't be a harem route (It always hurts more when the girls are so well written ;-; ) but I guess it would be awkward to fit one in this story and the route system is a nice change from the usual stuff here.

Anyways, that only means its Angie's route all the way. Thank you for the great game dev!

• Red Heart

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
You weren't the only one in fact, there were a few other questions, by private message or on other platforms.

And I found your questions very legitimate, as I said, it's just I'm not sure how to answer them.

What I can say is that you don't have to worry, the Prime Minister will not be ignored.

Yes, you're right, I just didn't think about it when I wrote that scene. Like I said, I'm still thinking about how to fix it. The best way is probably to undo the choice of opening the door or not, but that would mean the "bonus ending" would disappear, and I'm a little annoyed by that. I mean, it took some time to create it, after all, and I feel like it provides an interesting perspective on how the storyline would evolve if the war suddenly stopped.
Just add "(Bad ending)" to the end of the text on the controversial choice. Nobody will be blindsided, anyone who wants to view it can be prepared for a bad ending and then there's no reason to to feel like you'd have to get rid of it.

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
The problem is, the "bad ending" is caused by making the good/heroic/smart choice, while progressing in the game requires a bad choice (cooperating with the main bad guy). Since this is a choice that matters,its a very awkward place for it to happen.

Perhaps expand on this scene:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I want to state that I really like the story thus far. You have something good going here. This is a crucial point though, with the branching paths. One of the overlooked things about harems is that they result in a more unified, singular story. I do like replayability, but the paths need to be unique and not 90% the same with some changes for each path.

On the other hand, each path still needs to properly deal with the other girls and not leave them on bad or unrealized arcs. I worry that any non-Saintess path would leave her personally living an unhappy life given the nature of her position, and thats possible with all LIs I think.

So I am torn, the "hero to everyone" part of a harem setup appeals to me more than the actual relationships, so I hope thats possible on each branch. But, I love what you have so far, so I am looking forward to what you have planned. It may be like walking a tightrope.

Good luck!

Speppo82

Jun 21, 2020
You know, its funny if the MC can share the curse with another girl after the dream sex.
In that way The dev can write and make a lot of funny moments

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
any news about the next update?

Yep. Actually, I just gave some news concerning the next update on Patreon and Subscribestar. You can find it here :

To sum up, the script part is done, the graphics and animations part are half-finished. There's still a lot of work to be done, but things are progressing well :giggle:

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
"This is the story of an ordinary boy, and a very extraordinary girl"

So... the MC is the typical useless? :unsure:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
"This is the story of an ordinary boy, and a very extraordinary girl"

So... the MC is the typical useless? :unsure:
Yeah this is a hard to answer without ruining anything. So best I could answer he is because he believes he is but than again he is not. The way the reveal happens in this one was very well done and it makes 100% complete sense why he is useless. You have to play it because this dev is one great writer!

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Yep. Actually, I just gave some news concerning the next update on Patreon and Subscribestar. You can find it here :

To sum up, the script part is done, the graphics and animations part are half-finished. There's still a lot of work to be done, but things are progressing well :giggle:
Man you are one of the best writers here. You are in my top 3. This game is top notch. Until chapter 4 things were very fluent. But I noticed some inconsistencies with mc's behaviour in the previous update. It felt forced at many places. I know you are trying to speed things up in lewd department. But don't let others influence your writing.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Man you are one of the best writers here. You are in my top 3. This game is top notch. Until chapter 4 things were very fluent. But I noticed some inconsistencies with mc's behaviour in the previous update. It felt forced at many places. I know you are trying to speed things up in lewd department. But don't let others influence your writing.
Thanks for the compliment! :giggle:

As for the inconstancies, I'd like to know more about what you mean? What I can say is that the lewd scenes in the last chapter were always planned, and I would even add that they were necessary for the development of the various stories I have in mind.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that I've managed to do it properly, which is why I'd like to know more about what you thought was weird...?

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes