VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Thanks for the compliment! :giggle:

As for the inconstancies, I'd like to know more about what you mean? What I can say is that the lewd scenes in the last chapter were always planned, and I would even add that they were necessary for the development of the various stories I have in mind.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that I've managed to do it properly, which is why I'd like to know more about what you thought was weird...?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hello, and sorry if my reply is late. Your points deserved a full answer, which means taking some time, and unfortunately, time is not something I have much of at the moment, between my real job and my job as a dev, well things can be pretty complicated sometimes.

And of course, I’ll use the spoiler tag too. So let’s go.

Thanks again for your comment. I'm always open to criticism and discussion about my game, so it's okay if you, or others, have other points to discuss. Just don't expect me to answer quickly o_O.

Last edited:

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
V0.5 Progress status

Avancement 0.5V3.png

Here we go with a new update status.

This time, I thought it would be good to discuss a little more than usual about what I'm doing and the difficulties I've encountered along the way...

As I said last time, over the last few days, I've mainly been working on editing the first half of this chapter5, and adding the music. It's done, and I think the result is pretty good. At least I'm satisfied with what I have now.

It took me longer than I thought to get there. There were several parts I wasn't fully satisfied with, so I took the time to redo some scenes, or expand others that were already there.

The reason for this is that I underestimated the difficulty of developing the relationship between Angelica and our protagonist. I knew how it should evolve, the difficult part was knowing how to tell it. There are several components, the role of a Saintess, and the responsibility that comes with it, the fact that the two characters have known each other since they were children, the fact that there have been feelings between them for a long time that both didn’t want to acknowledge, the curse and the strange attraction between them, and the dream they have together at the end of chapter 4. Yes, there's a lot going on. I knew how I wanted their romance to evolve, but how to take all of that… well that was harder than I thought.

Anyway, the result I got seems good to me. I'm currently working on the second half, and things are a lot clearer now, so I expect things to be a bit faster than with part one. Well, in the end, we'll see, don't forget rule number one when it's me, I suck at estimating things.

That's all from me. So long, everyone, and take care of yourself.

Ronaldoahmad

Oct 23, 2019
I really love the game and the story so far, and i think it really has potential to become one of the best games on f95. However, one thing i don't like about adult games in general which happens in many of them btw, is that relationships between the MC and the girls don't affect each other. As an example, if the MC was in a relationship with alyssa it doesn't affect his relationship with saki and Angelica to the point where they wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that he already is in a relationship with alyssa which is very unrealistic, and i hope that we won't see it in this game. Lastly, thank you lunardis for your hard work.

Reactions: Angelcrush

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Hey Lunardis I just finished the 1st chapter and I loved it and I'm really excited to finish rest of the chapters. I wanted to ask you some things if you don't mind

1) will there be any lesbian scenes with or without MC? If yes, can I avoid it from happening?

2) Is MC's mother an LI? :BootyTime:

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hey Lunardis I just finished the 1st chapter and I loved it and I'm really excited to finish rest of the chapters. I wanted to ask you some things if you don't mind

1) will there be any lesbian scenes with or without MC? If yes, can I avoid it from happening?

2) Is MC's mother an LI? :BootyTime:
Hello and thank you, I'm glad you like it so far :LOL:. As for your questions:

No lesbian content at the moment. If, and it's really an if, something were to be done in this area, it would possibly be a threesome between Angelica, Melope and our protagonist. But that's just a vague idea for now, something for an optional episode eventually :unsure:.

The four main heroines are Angelica, Melope, Saki and Theresa. But there's the possibility, once the story is finished, of adding annexes episodes with secondary heroines. Two of them will be decided by vote, as a reward if I get more than 200 euros a month... which isn't the case at the moment... so we'll see...

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Hello and thank you, I'm glad you like it so far :LOL:. As for your questions:

No lesbian content at the moment. If, and it's really an if, something were to be done in this area, it would possibly be a threesome between Angelica, Melope and our protagonist. But that's just a vague idea for now, something for an optional episode eventually :unsure:.

The four main heroines are Angelica, Melope, Saki and Theresa. But there's the possibility, once the story is finished, of adding annexes episodes with secondary heroines. Two of them will be decided by vote, as a reward if I get more than 200 euros a month... which isn't the case at the moment... so we'll see...
It is so unfair I would say.. Consistent devs like you are so rare. So many undeserving milking Devs who haven't released a single update over years are still getting plenty of patreon support. But hang in there man. Things will turn out great soon once your game gets more exposure. I can see due to some issues your f95 page is not bringing enough traffic. I probably know the reason. Once your f95 page brings in more traffic and players gets the taste of your amazing game story, I am sure you will rack up more patreons. I will try my best to bring some more traffic here. I make unofficial Android ports for some popular games here and I always link my Android port page. I have already mentioned your game in my checklist as upcoming Android port for your next public release.

And I also have a few suggestions for you which will help you rack up more patreons. If you want to listen feel free to reach me out in message.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

The new chapter of "How I became the bodyguard of the Saintess" is available for the Saintess tier here:

This time, the story focuses entirely on the romantic part. With our Saintess Angelica of course, the winner of the previous pole.

Other release dates will be:

• Commander tier - 17/08/2023
  • Knight tier - 21/08/2023
  • Public release – 28/08/2023

ch5angie-25 (32).png

Last edited:

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
I came here bcs of Flynn974 View attachment 2858444

definetively going to see it later
If a few people here are curious, he's talking about the developer of this game:

I had a little chat with Flynn974 a few month ago, a very nice person, who offered of his own to help promote my game after playing it.

It took me a while to take a look at his own game, as I was very busy back then (I still am lol). His game is definitely worth a look. I recommend it.

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
If a few people here are curious, he's talking about the developer of this game:

I had a little chat with Flynn974 a few month ago, a very nice person, who offered of his own to help promote my game after playing it.

It took me a while to take a look at his own game, as I was very busy back then (I still am lol). His game is definitely worth a look. I recommend it.
Thank you! Great game you've got going, my friend. :love:

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Definetively one of my favorite novels, end of chapter 3 was amazing, i can't wait to see more and more

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lunardis

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
I almost had a stroke when i tought chapter 4 was going to end, i'm glad i found this novel just now and not early lol

• Red Heart

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Hello, and sorry if my reply is late. Your points deserved a full answer, which means taking some time, and unfortunately, time is not something I have much of at the moment, between my real job and my job as a dev, well things can be pretty complicated sometimes.

And of course, I’ll use the spoiler tag too. So let’s go.

Thanks again for your comment. I'm always open to criticism and discussion about my game, so it's okay if you, or others, have other points to discuss. Just don't expect me to answer quickly o_O.
if we had the oportunity to say alyssa to embarass her in a kiding way will be pretty fun too :V

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes