VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
I think part of the reason isn't just that we don't understand the PM's reach and power but also we don't know what this oath is. If it's an oath to protect this country then I think that it is a real good basis to kill the PM. Her subversion of the saintess is an affront to their goddess. Her refusing Princess Saki and Melope undermines the country's security in the middle of one of its worst crises ever. Her threats against the saintess and other knights while they're facing an unprecedented threat undermines the nation's security. If she actually followed through on her threats against Angie then the whole nation would likely be wiped out before a new saintess was even born. Demanding the arrest of one of the nations top 4 security assets during this crisis undermines their security, even worse that it ends up 2 of the nations top 4 assets immediately after. The PM is the single most dangerous enemy to the nation's security at this moment.
On the other hand if the oath is to uphold the nation's democracy then well... It makes sense not to kill the PM, but the oath seems to be utterly fucking useless during this current crisis and anyone who prioritizes it probably has some weak ideals.

Given the Prime Minister's personality, you can be sure that she didn't leave much room for interpretation regarding the oath that knights must take.

I didn't write it out completely, but there's a part that clearly says: "You must protect the country and follow its wishes, and the one who expresses them is the Prime Minister the people voted for".

And of course, the Prime Minister is ultimately negative for the country, but as long as she manages to sell a narrative that presents her in a favorable light, with the help of the media she controls, people will agree with her action and continue to support her. That is, of course, unless she makes a big mistake, which she hasn't so far.

(And yes, I have a cynical view of the impact of the media on our society and how it can be used, I'm not trying to impose any ideology, but it's hard not to have my personal opinion influencing the story, you know).

SSiKK

Sep 29, 2019
Salut, je vais essayer de répondre à quelques uns tes points :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Je pense aussi que c'est compliqué d'exprimer pleinement qq chose dans une langue dont tu n'es pas natif.
Le coup de l'arbre c'est clairement du découpage et là dessus je pense qu'il y a moyen de faire qq chose facilement, ou alors faire des effets de danger, pq pas des renders qui s'enchainent vite et ou on n'a pas à cliquer.

Après pour le personnage de Mélope je comprends ce que tu voulais exprimer. J'avais compris qu'elle utilisait ses charmes sans trop savoir quoi faire et qu'elle avait peur de l'abandon. Sauf qu'au lieu de la rendre naïve ça la fait passer pour une toxique. Comme ces femmes IRL qui se font mettre enceinte pour dire à un homme ahah "mtnt t'es niqu* on est lié."

Après je comptais pas tailler salement sans argument, j'aime bien l'histoire, j'ai tout à y gagner si je peux donner mon avis et expliquer ce qui m'a titillé. Le but c'est d'améliorer le produit.
Sinon j'ai beau adoré Mélope, le côté blasé et troll d'Alyssa me plait bcp

Hâte de voir la réaction de la 1ère ministre aussi, on sait qu'elle va jouer un rôle important mais pour l'instant je sais comment elle se débrouille.

Vndragon

Jan 21, 2020
After playing this game twice, I must admit that Liam and Alyssa deserve a spin-off or side story for them. Liam is so ordinary and has potential for a relationship with Alyssa, because I love their interactions with each other.
Oh, about the main story: I love it very much!

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.6 + IC Toggle

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Pixeldrain
Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 984 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I was enjoying the game until I realize that there isn't away to have a harem. It would be interesting to have it where you can have sex with any female you like and be able to copy their powers after you have sex with them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lunardis

Blaub

Aug 20, 2018
Ah, it is always nice to discover a gem amongst the new updates.
I like the writing, the humor and story is very fun.

It seems the game spilts into paths, and it always worries me as this is a heavy task.
Both for the development effort and the storywriting effort.

Sometimes I feel linear is just more feasible for development, but your vision is very good so far.

Keep up the good work!

• Red Heart

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Let's talk about chapter 5 of Melope and what's to come after...

About Melope chapter 5

I was worried that Theresa's popularity would take a hit after this chapter, and it turns out I was right judging by some of your comments. There's still a lot to be said about her character though, and I'm still hoping she'll be interesting enough that people want to see her story. But if it really feels like no one wants to see her route, then I'll be forced to change my plans. We'll see…

Unlike Angelica's story, Blackstorm was more active this time around. The consequences for our protagonists, and Melope in particular, are clearer. There's also a bit of drama, as you could see.

There wasn't much action this time. Part 2 of Melope's story will have more fight scenes, so if you like them... you'll just have to wait, I guess.

This chapter was also difficult in that it alternates comic and serious moments. Melope probably has the saddest story of all the heroines, yet she's a character with a lot of jokes around her. It's not easy to deal with, but I didn't have many complaints about that part, so I guess it was okay? I hope it was…

About what’s coming next

I'm currently working on Saki’s story, our Sword Princess was the winner of the latest poll. As you know, her journey will involve Swordsman as her main enemy. Unlike the other S-levels, the MC and Swordsman have a kind of connection. They're both great sword wielders, and can say they're similar in some way, so expect a bit of development on that side.

Each heroine has a different reaction after the famous "erotic dream". Saki is... a bit angry. Let's put it that way. You'll find out more at the beginning of her story.

Before releasing the next chapter, I'd like to propose a new version of the game with a few improvements. I'll talk about it soon.

That's all I have to say. Thanks for the positive and/or constructive feedback I've received. There's still a lot of work to be done, and probably a lot of areas in which I need to improve, my goal hasn't changed, to make the best game I can.

See you soon!

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Now to wait for someone to make a mod for all 4 paths, or I'll just do it myself :p

Note: When choosing an option at the Beach, the script should allow you to choose more than 1 girl, it doesn't work?
Yeah would love to see that type of mod and not have to save/reload to see all paths.

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Let's talk about chapter 5 of Melope and what's to come after...

About Melope chapter 5

I was worried that Theresa's popularity would take a hit after this chapter, and it turns out I was right judging by some of your comments. There's still a lot to be said about her character though, and I'm still hoping she'll be interesting enough that people want to see her story. But if it really feels like no one wants to see her route, then I'll be forced to change my plans. We'll see…
That's why I was so shocked when I saw Saki route would be the No.3 to develop. At least for me she's the least interesting LI out of all four. I really love Theresa's character. Her strong female facade, her dilemma between justice and bureaucracy, and her ambivalent feelings towards MC make every scene of her enjoyable to watch, which makes her my favorite LI except Angelica (I mean, she IS the one). It's gonna be a long excruciating wait for me when her route will be the last to develop (sigh).

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Would have liked an optional harem path for people who don't like monogamy or want to play the game once with every characters. I get easily bored replaying the game for the same scenes with few adjustments and characters. It's not like the story is serious itself lol

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Would have liked an optional harem path for people who don't like monogamy or want to play the game once with every characters. I get easily bored replaying the game for the same scenes with few adjustments and characters. It's not like the story is serious itself lol
There will be an optional harem path, once each individual route has been completed. I'm not sure that's what you want though. And you're right, the story isn't very serious. But it's the one I have in mind, and I don't intend to throw away everything I've been working on to do something new now. Maybe for the next game, if it comes to that.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
There will be an optional harem path, once each individual route has been completed. I'm not sure that's what you want though. And you're right, the story isn't very serious. But it's the one I have in mind, and I don't intend to throw away everything I've been working on to do something new now. Maybe for the next game, if it comes to that.
I can understand, probably should have started with the harem route first before making the solo routes. Since they take more times due to management of choices to make the story more effective. When a dev is starting out, they don't get much time to develop multiple routes or support. Harem is something which only works because of the story, kinks and less choices and restrictions. I will probably play this game again after the release of optional harem path. The story not being serious is not exactly an issue, I guess it the fact that I have to replay the said story for a different character is the issue.

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Have you played freeloading family?

In that game there are solo endings and then the Harem ending. Solo endings came first and the Harem ending was the last one. We were not forced to choose the one though. Before choosing the endings MC was involved with multiple LIs.

It's not unusual for every update to focus on a specific LI but you are also making us choose one. Let us choose all of them and then in every update MC can focus on one LI while acknowledging that he is dating all the girls.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I fucking never replay a game once I Have the damn story even VN. I hate replaying over and over the same damn game with all the other great games out there this is no longer the 80's when games to be translated were so rare you had half a year to play the single game and there was no other choices! All games anymore I target to play is harem.. so once I play this game with the sword princess this game is damn well dead to me!

The time of different endings is too damn old now we have too many other good games to play now.. I don't even watch movies more than once anymore unless it's been at least 5 years so that I forgot most of what happened! Not having a harem ending is just a bad choice it's only the story is interesting but once I played it the story is NO LONGER interesting and not playable anymore in my books as I already know how it ends.

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
well Theresa just plummeted from being number 2 to number 4 real quick. "A knights duty is to do what the people want" what kind of reasoning is that? basic bog standard "just following orders logic". She's not just willing to arrest Melope "for the sake of the country" but murder her. So if the people of her country decided certain races were a threat she would willingly just carry out their will even though she knows it's wrong? does she have a line she's not willing to cross? she's basically just a puppet with the PM arm up her ass at this point. ugh Theresa and the knights just made me lose all respect for them

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Have you played freeloading family?

In that game there are solo endings and then the Harem ending. Solo endings came first and the Harem ending was the last one. We were not forced to choose the one though. Before choosing the endings MC was involved with multiple LIs.

It's not unusual for every update to focus on a specific LI but you are also making us choose one. Let us choose all of them and then in every update MC can focus on one LI while acknowledging that he is dating all the girls.
I can understand, probably should have started with the harem route first before making the solo routes. Since they take more times due to management of choices to make the story more effective. When a dev is starting out, they don't get much time to develop multiple routes or support. Harem is something which only works because of the story, kinks and less choices and restrictions. I will probably play this game again after the release of optional harem path. The story not being serious is not exactly an issue, I guess it the fact that I have to replay the said story for a different character is the issue.
I fucking never replay a game once I Have the damn story even VN. I hate replaying over and over the same damn game with all the other great games out there this is no longer the 80's when games to be translated were so rare you had half a year to play the single game and there was no other choices! All games anymore I target to play is harem.. so once I play this game with the sword princess this game is damn well dead to me!

The time of different endings is too damn old now we have too many other good games to play now.. I don't even watch movies more than once anymore unless it's been at least 5 years so that I forgot most of what happened! Not having a harem ending is just a bad choice it's only the story is interesting but once I played it the story is NO LONGER interesting and not playable anymore in my books as I already know how it ends.
I have the same answer for everyone here, I understand that you would have liked something different, but I have a clear vision of the type of game I want to make, and while I can compromise on a lot of things, I won't change the essential idea.

In the end, I think it's better to stick to my vision rather than try to please everyone at all costs. In fact, some people supported me from the start, knowing what kind of game I was making. From my point of view, to change everything now, because a few random people have appeared and said they don't like the result, would be the worst betrayal towards them.

I don't claim to be a very good developer, but I can at least be someone who respects his words and sticks to his ideas. Someone you can support, because he'll make the kind of game he promised. Maybe that's not so important to you, but I think it is for a lot of people here.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
For what it's worth, my thoughts:

Note: My thoughts, not saying anyone who thinks/views different is 'wrong' or incorrect or anything of that nature. Just my thoughts and interpretations.

Note 2: due to length, and as much of it is spoiler... gonna use spoiler tags.

I'll end this by just saying I'm really, really looking forward to seeing the Princesses story. I absolutely love the Swordsman!

Of all the villains, I like him the most. I do not know if a redemption arc is planned for him... and not sure if it would be better or not if he gets one or not...

I love the interaction between him and the MC and his absolute sheer joy at coming across someone who can stand toe to toe with him exchanging blows and fight him as an equal. I've actually thoroughly enjoyed every scene with him... from the temple attack to the end of the big fight.

He's also a tragic figure... someone who just wanted to protect his home and country, and hated the fact that the 1 person who could... never would. Would love to know if he realized it was pure stupid politics of the PM's of the "holy land" that caused that or not. In the end he lost himself in his strive for power to defend, got corrupted and warped into just wanting to kill The Saintess...

Can he be redeamed? Can he be awoken to the fact that his countries woes are due to politics, and not The Saintess? Who knows. And I'm not sure if it would be a positive or negative either way... but I look forward to more story about him, maybe some more into his past and other ppl he's faught.

Also looking forward to what will hopefully be a nice big long 1v1 between him and the MC, no interferance from anyone else.

And in the end, I hope we can convert the bad guys to our side, all power up, and go kick the butt of the true villains in the game. The God of Chaos and Lumina. They both deserve to die IMO. lol (but only after torturing and slowly killing the PM... I hope she dies multiple grisly deaths in each path... hehehehe).

• Red Heart

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
A new version with many improvements is coming!

CharaStudio-2024-03-09-16-40-03-Render.png

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well? As for me, I've started working on Saki's story. It's coming along well so far. It's just the beginning though. However, before going all out, I'd like to work on something like an intermediate version, with no new content, but with improvements to what already exists.

After the last release, I received a lot of positive feedback, for which I'm very grateful, but also a few complaints. As much as I want to please everyone, I can't agree on everything, accepting the change some people want would go directly against the core idea of this game. However, there are many things I can work with. So here's what I'll add:

- A message when you start a new game to explain that there will be four individual routes + a bonus harem ending. I found out it deserve some explanation, as everyone didn’t understand what the game is supposed to be. I suppose I could have explained things better. I think there’s also the fact that everyone isn’t familiar with the concept. Anyway, it's better to have a clear idea of what this game is from the start... So here we go.

- When you start a new game, a way to jump directly to the choice you have in front of the gate created by Chaos, so you can skip the first part of the story. That way, if someone wants to try another route, but didn’t have any previous save to do so, they’ll just have to start a new game and choose the right option. They’ll be able to choose the route they’ll want and go for it immediately.

- Better graphics for chapters 1 and 2 (especially 1). I think I’ve made some progress since the beginning, and… I can't help but cringe when I look at my first renders of this game. So I'm going to make a few improvements. It won't be the whole thing, and it won't be some breathtaking change, as I need to keep an overall coherence with the rest, but the renders I consider to be really bad will be improved.

- Grammar correction for chapters 1 to 4. I had help for a while on this side, with someone helping me to correct grammatical errors. But the priority has always been the arrival of the new chapters. I think it's time to concentrate on the old part. This new version will incorporate the corrections of the first four chapters.

- A few explanations about the Prime Minister's background. This is something many of you have asked for. So here we go. I think the best I can do at this stage will be to add something directly in the game, a special scene where the MC will have different questions he can ask. It will probably be an optional scene, those who want to know more will be able to choose the question they want, those who aren't interested will be able to skip the whole thing. I don't know yet how this scene will be integrated, maybe in chapter 4, maybe with the second part of Melope's story... I’m still hesitating.

- And finally… what you guys want…?

I'm going to create a poll, so people can decide what kind of improvements they'd like to see. I'll be suggesting several options, better sex scenes, better build-up for romantic interactions, better fight scenes, more information about the background of this universe, etc.... Feel free to leave a comment if you have a specific idea in mind. I won't say I'll take everything, but as long as it helps improve the game without changing it completely, it could very well be in the poll.

If this method is successful… who knows, I'll probably try to do it again, so even if your idea doesn't make the cut for now, it may appear another time. We’ll see.

That’s all for me, see you!

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes