VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for the explanation, I wouldn't have said it better.

As for the Prime Minister (If you're talking about her?), there is some nasty surprise waiting for her. You'll have to wait a little to see it though...
Yes, that last bit about wanting to torture, mutilate, and slowly kill someone was indeed talking about the Prime Minister. I am extremely happy to hear that there is a nasty surprise waiting for her. I'll wait to see how it ends for her.

Reactions: Lunardis

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
The Saintess isn't something that gets past down through a families gene's through the generations, so no the mom/grandma/ancestor did not bang some god or uber powerful thing for Angie to become The Saintess. When one Saintess dies another person gets chosen to become The Saintess - this is how Angelica becomes The Saintess. This is covered/discussed/brought-up in the game.

You can avoid the incest patch if you want, and have them play out as best friends and such, but to me the incest patch makes more sense story wise. Considering how the MC came to be who he is... makes much, much more sense IMO with the incest patch, and it adds extra weight to the issues between the MC and Angelica as well. Frankly, it also makes the MC's disgust/anger at how Angelica is treated by certain ppl make much more sense with the incest patch. (unfortunately can't really say much about these points... because that would spoil things from the story).
thank you. this is the response i was hoping for. (y) i had downloaded the game and now the patch. based on your response it only makes sense.

Reactions: Shadowen

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
For the first fight with the 3S level, there are reasons explaining why they back up. The fact Swordsman is wounded, the bluff of Angelica that she would be able to kill at least one of them, something they take very seriously, the fact that they have a better plan for later, with less risk.
Yea....I get that was the in world explanation but I guess it just doesnt feel like something that would have actually happened in world with what has been explained so far.

Like a single S level has been shown to defeat previous guard forces and force the priestess to sacrifice herself to win. Also in world has said that the current priestess is strong, but is only on the path to becoming one of the strongest ever so right now she isnt even anything special.

So like...do the enemies just not know how strong they actually are? Because they just watched the priestess fight with an S level, and now two more are supposedly dumb enough that they dont realize how much damage she took, that there hasnt ever been 2 S levels at the same time let alone 3 in a universe where 1 has been enough. But then think that their plan will magically work 3 days later?

If we are just supposed to accept that the enemies are team rocket levels of incompetent thats fine I guess, it just seems silly to have like 5 hours of world building just to say the big baddies are actually not a threat at all and just run away when given the advantage.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Yea....I get that was the in world explanation but I guess it just doesnt feel like something that would have actually happened in world with what has been explained so far.

Like a single S level has been shown to defeat previous guard forces and force the priestess to sacrifice herself to win. Also in world has said that the current priestess is strong, but is only on the path to becoming one of the strongest ever so right now she isnt even anything special.

So like...do the enemies just not know how strong they actually are? Because they just watched the priestess fight with an S level, and now two more are supposedly dumb enough that they dont realize how much damage she took, that there hasnt ever been 2 S levels at the same time let alone 3 in a universe where 1 has been enough. But then think that their plan will magically work 3 days later?

If we are just supposed to accept that the enemies are team rocket levels of incompetent thats fine I guess, it just seems silly to have like 5 hours of world building just to say the big baddies are actually not a threat at all and just run away when given the advantage.
That's just a dumb misrepresentation of what actually happened. They know they're not far off from Angelica's level but that there was a serious chance they could lose the fight. They also knew that they were one short ritual away from summoning something stronger than the 3 of them combined who would absolutely be able to defeat Angelica.

Reactions: notBatman747

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
After loading a save from August (when the God Slayer is supposed to appear), I don't see any new content, only a sign informing me that this is the end of version 0.6. Is it just me who has this, or did something screw up with my saves?

Update:
When I went back to the previous choice, everything became clear :cautious:
View attachment 3356270
What the fuck is this 0.6 bull shit? Looks like you have to start all over as I load and it says end of 0.6? WTF?

If you have to start all over because the game has changed than at least put a damn message saying that! If that is the case I think I had enough of this damn game! It was ta long damn game in the first place and I don't want to fucking replay it all. I just wanted to load the game and continue with the story!

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
What the fuck is this 0.6 bull shit? Looks like you have to start all over as I load and it says end of 0.6? WTF?

If you have to start all over because the game has changed than at least put a damn message saying that! If that is the case I think I had enough of this damn game! It was ta long damn game in the first place and I don't want to fucking replay it all. I just wanted to load the game and continue with the story!
Crazy, it's almost like a completely different path got updated and you just need to start again from the path selection screen that anyone with a double digit IQ would've kept a save for or something :whistle::whistle:

• Haha

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Crazy, it's almost like a completely different path got updated and you just need to start again from the path selection screen that anyone with a double digit IQ would've kept a save for or something :whistle::whistle:
I have past history but where the hell did it even diverge into some messed up story where a new release shows there is NOTHING new! What a fucked up release.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I have past history but where the hell did it even diverge into some messed up story where a new release shows there is NOTHING new! What a fucked up release.
Jesus christ dude, you always get way to mad about your own misunderstandings and say incredibly nasty shit to devs at the drop of a hat. The game was updated. The Angelica path was not updated. You have to load a path from before you opened the door Chaos offered the MC and instead change it to Melope's path. After that go talk to your primary care doctor about your anger management issues.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
That's just a dumb misrepresentation of what actually happened. They know they're not far off from Angelica's level but that there was a serious chance they could lose the fight. They also knew that they were one short ritual away from summoning something stronger than the 3 of them combined who would absolutely be able to defeat Angelica.
How or why would they know that? They just had their friend go toe to toe with her by himself. Everything in the lore so far has shown S ranks being nearly as strong as every previous priestess when they were alone, and we watched Angeliica burn out of energy VS an A level monster like 3 days before.

There is no reason in universe for three S levels to think they are weaker than every other S level before, or to think that Angelica was some uber level priestess. Why would three S levels think they couldnt take on 1 priestess 3v1.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Part of me is sad that the little mage knight doesn't have a route but I also respect a developer that knows his own limits.
There's a reward if I pass on 200 euros a month to offer two optional routes for secondary characters that people would choose, so maybe the little knight will have a route. it's not completely out of the question :).

And thanks for your comment!

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Warning: only read this if you've read the last chapter (or if you don't care to be spoiled).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for your post anyway, interesting to have your opinion!

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
How or why would they know that? They just had their friend go toe to toe with her by himself. Everything in the lore so far has shown S ranks being nearly as strong as every previous priestess when they were alone, and we watched Angeliica burn out of energy VS an A level monster like 3 days before.

There is no reason in universe for three S levels to think they are weaker than every other S level before, or to think that Angelica was some uber level priestess. Why would three S levels think they couldnt take on 1 priestess 3v1.

1. It is said Angelica was stronger than the average Saintess because she got her power when she was very young. So no, not a uber Saintess, but not the average one.

2. They watched Angelica win against Swordsman without any injury. And then calmly looking at them, saying she was confident she could kill at least one. Did they think she was bluffing ? Yes. Were they ready to bet their life on it? No.

3. Especially when they knew they would have a better chance if they chose to try again later. I mean, i'm sure we can agree that three S-level got a better chance than two + a wounded one, right?

4. I'll add that they have a perfect plan to take down Angelica without any risk,
something that would have worked without two big surprises, the protagonist's unexpected *gift*, and Melope appearance.

Look, as for me, I don't intend to talk more about this specific scene. I'm not pretending I couldn't have done it better, I probably could have, but at the very least, I don't believe it's as disastrous as you're making it. if you still disagree, then fine, I can live with that.

Reactions: Shadowen

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
come on man, now you make me feel responsible for wasting your time writing such long post

it was never directed your way anyway, but more of the "local fanbase" so to speak, who usually does this additional tagging, without bothering to read this site tag definition or just out some fanatical devotion
on side note - i long stopped reporting incorrect tags or mistakes in the OPs, seeing how mods themself don't give a shit about their own rules, you can see bright example of it in "latest updates" not too far from your own game, being mod+gamedev is sure convenient combination...

about harem ending - IMO it doesn't justify having harem tag, considering whole rest of the game, "actual gameplay" so to speak, is completely separate solo LIs paths, whatever happens after credits doesn't really matter at this point - there is no harem content during the game

about future tagging - sure current system doesn't fully support planned content in terms of searching, but there is still option to put future/planned tags in the OP, and usually it work just fine, if game barely have tags - you can click it and check what is planned, if you searching for something specific - well there are no such things here anyway, "yet" or period - doesn't matter
we, as players, already have to deal with ambiguity of amateur AVNs development - there are no guaranties, no responsibility, if game will ever be finished, what changes dev suddenly decide to make (completely changing reason people was interesting in a first place), will it turns into another milk factory, yet another remake or just get abandoned... if you add to this ability to decorate header with all tags in existence - to help search, attract people or just because dev thinks he can implement it - it just becomes too much... again, it's not directed your way, i definitely not accuse you of anything, and sure - i also don't touch whole "this is pirate site" and "you get it for free, stop complaining" clusterfuck, thats whole another discussion
I don't entirely agree with you, but trying to go further would probably end up with both of us repeating the same argument, so let's leave it at that.

We were able to understand each other's opinions and remain cordial, Internet being what it is, that's not a bad result.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: Danv

Vndragon

Jan 21, 2020
Does anyone know what the incest patch does? I add it and it change from childhood friend to big bro.

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021
I think the problem with Theresa being the PM's bitch is really that we have no sense of scale here. For most of the story Theresa was shown as being the boss, the one to make decisions. She was shown to be a strong warrior, second only to Ange, even if that is not true anymore. The PM is an old woman with two guys with shades. While guys with shades can be serious business irl, there are often fodder in stories like these. Why is the PM so respected? What does her position actually entail? What sort of forces does she command directly because she is obviously not a knight. I think the PM needed some character development way before the routes started, to show that there is more to her than having the ability of being rude against people that stand there and take it. Maybe this will happen during Theresa's route (I certainly hope we still get one) and maybe doing it before would be considered filler by some fans but really, she should have had a bit more screentime if she was going to be an important antagonist.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes