Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
62574_HSS-logo_white_background.png

Overview:

You're playing as "Marten" (pick you own name, of course) a end of high-school student who's about to have some new adventures during his last months of high school, the following summer, and maybe more. You're gonna decide who to hook up with, whether or not having a hot mom and a hot sister is gonna be a problem or an asset, how to get your motorcycle done before the summer, so you'll be able to go on that road-trip you've been planning for a couple years, and generally just trying to work out what you want to do with your life.​

Thread Updated: 2019-09-27
Release Date: 2019-09-27
Developer: -
Censorship: None
Version: 0.1 - new versioning number due to the rebuild/remake of all the graphics (would be 0.026 in the old system)
Language: English
Genre: Date Sim / VN / RPG
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Android-build

Download:
WIN: - -
MAC: - -

Incest Patch:

If you want to support the efforts, you can do so via

HSS-screenshot0155.png HSS-screenshot0156.png HSS-screenshot0160.png HSS-screenshot0161.png HSS-screenshot0162.png HSS-screenshot0163.png HSS-screenshot0164.png HSS-screenshot0165.png HSS-screenshot0166.png HSS-screenshot0167.png HSS-screenshot0168.png

Last edited:

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I hope that too. It's, as I said, very early yet, but I'm hoping to use the coming two updates mainly on story - currently it's just about 3000 words, but I have between 10000 and 17000 (depending on what I end up including) not yet used - and that's just really for the first month, month and a half.

There are some bugs I'm aware of, among them the fact that the time doesn't update as intended, but it will be fixed before next update (at least that's the plan).

Reactions: blackmamba and Ions

edgedy

Aug 15, 2017
So just some basic observations, but it seems to me you should have a reason for why you overslept as the general thing seems to be more erratic.

Plus give the player the option to play the different routes you'd expect, and maybe even have a perk system like 'night owl' or 'early riser' where you can stay up later, or wake up early. But always been a fan of picking from a bunch of preset skills which can moderately influence the overall game.

That said the characterization is solid, the 'mom', the sadist teacher, and a strong female persona housemate are solid archetypes. Sort of funny it seems like the teacher relationship can even go either way with you dominating her, or her dominating you.

Reactions: Studio Errilhl

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
@edgedy Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, currently almost every multi-choice is entirely random (which, in my honest opinion, sucks) :D But, the plan is to have stats change the likely outcome (the code to do this is in place, it's just not been completely implemented yet). Not entirely sure about having character traits, but the game is probably gonna have more stats than it does currently (unfortunately, these changes will mean a start over, most likely, or at least a set starting point, of said stats if you want to update).

Thanks for the comment about the characters. I'm hoping to make a not too serious game, with a bit of quirks and humor, as well as more general fun (although there is gonna be a bit of a grind to it). As for the grinding, that too is supposed to be possible to modify with items and such. Great plans, not everything is gonna be implemented right away.

As for the different routes, they're mostly gonna be playable simultaneously, although some relationship issues might occur later on, where you would have to chose between doing something which will benefit one or the other (or more).

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Interesting game, you need to find an artist like PinkLadyMage. Easy for me to say, those type of artists aren't hard to find but their expensive. Maybe they would make some type of deal to help out a game maker. The only other alternative is to find someone unknown who does quality work looking to get his/hers name out there. A lot help I am :tf:

I will keeping an eye on this thread and game updates, the main graphics look really sharp.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
No male hooking up?
Not planned, no. While I'm not against the idea, there isn't really room for any M/M bonding in this game, I think. At least not in the "hooking up" fashion. There might be male friends introduced, and there might even be NPC hookups, but not with the protagonist, no.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Interesting game, you need to find an artist like PinkLadyMage. Easy for me to say, those type of artists aren't hard to find but their expensive. Maybe they would make some type of deal to help out a game maker. The only other alternative is to find someone unknown who does quality work looking to get his/hers name out there. A lot help I am :tf:

I will keeping an eye on this thread and game updates, the main graphics look really sharp.
Well. That is not in the cards for this release. I'm happy with the artist I do have :) She's new, but enthusiastic, and I like her style.

Keep a lookout. I will update here, on Lemmasoft and Patreon mostly. There will probably be more as the game progresses, but currently that is mostly it.

D

Deleted member 50069

I like how you drawed jeans :D at first it looks common, but I just like it :D thumbs up for you

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I like how you drawed jeans :D at first it looks common, but I just like it :D thumbs up for you
Thanks, but that is not me. I'm not responsible for the characters. That is a completely different person, namely .

U

User_10739

There doesn't appear to be anything here but actual pictures, the odd cartoon head of my sometime sister, sometimes roommate a shitload of text and days that seem like you are stuck in a loop...

Deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
So my Mom is my landlady and Sis is my roommate???
Well. Sort of. If you have the game without a "patch.rpy" in the game-folder (I will add that to the info), it will be using names instead of "mom", "sis" and so on. Unless you've seen both in the game at the same time?

I've updated the OP with the info for how to get the patch-file, and where to install it.

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Well. Sort of. If you have the game without a "patch.rpy" in the game-folder (I will add that to the info), it will be using names instead of "mom", "sis" and so on. Unless you've seen both in the game at the same time?

I've updated the OP with the info for how to get the patch-file, and where to install it.
sure, but just renaming doesn't cut it. For example intro text: Me... i wwent to the bathroom and jerked off. Yes, I know she's my housemate, and all that, but DAMN.

Soffia2

Jun 28, 2017
I played as long as i get my bike to 100% to play everything else in the game ,
my answers are always Yes Anne Yes Karen Yes Teacher etc and repair the bike.
But the bike isn't fnished at 100% .....
Stupid bug - sry but that's a waste of time

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
sure, but just renaming doesn't cut it. For example intro text: Me... i wwent to the bathroom and jerked off. Yes, I know she's my housemate, and all that, but DAMN.
That is taken care of in the game itself. The text transforms to match what is chosen (either a name / housemate/landlady, or just sister/mother). The text you're quoting would change to "I know she's my sister, and all that"...

Reactions: Burt

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Ok gonna try to give an useful feedback:

-First of all let's talk about the character stats, what I actually recommend is that each character has their own stat page, meaning that if you click on your stat menu you would go to a page with all the information that you have about the character.

I would recommend change arousal for corruption because arousal isn't a good stat itself, if you think about it arousal changes a lot depending on the situation of the character, you don't truly need to follow a stat like that and even if you wanted it, I would recommend to have it as an invisible stat that would only influence how x character acts during y situation. But it's not truly necessary. On the other hand a stat like corruption could be used in many ways, to make a character more slutty (even a whore), or just that she accepts "fetish actions".

-Second in this game we have male characters, however one thing you truly have to think is what are their uses?. This depends heavily on what genre you are gonna have this game be, but it's important that if you add them then they should have an use.

Would they make it easier for you to get x girl? or perhaps they are compiting against you so that they can get y girl?. In fact, can the girls have sex with anyone other than you?.

-Third is about the scenes, it's okay to have repeatable scenes but of course the frequency should be reduced and it should be influenced by stats.

Let's talk about the scene where the landlord is telling you to wake up, to be fair that attitude would make more sense if she was at least 30 dominance.

Having 0 dominance is quite neutral so the scene should be more on the lines of "hey, you should wake up or you are gonna be late!".

Another one is when you say sorry to the landlord, she is so open about sexual issues that I would expect quite a bit of corruption on the character for that scene.

And opening a tar... I think it was a bit too strange that it adds dominance.

-Next we talk about the character, rebel and law-abiding could be just grouped in one stat, you could call it simply "law" and make it positive or negative. It wouldn't make sense to be a rebel and at the same time law abiding, that's why I think it would be optimal to just have one stat.

Personally I think that the MC optimal stats would be:
*Dominance (with positive and negative): This should unlock or lock options in events, if the character is submissive he will be pushed around a lot and if he is dominant then he will tend to exercise his dominance, you could even add activities like fighting to increase or decrease it.
*Virginity: This could be useful to decide how much the characters enjoy the sex act, a virgin character won't give too much pleasure while having sex with him, even more when his partner is experienced!.
*Law: The respect the character has for authorities, having negative law perhaps the character would be more open to open a brothel or do certain dark activities...

-It's important that the character can do other activities, it would be great that you add money in the game and that we can have a job. It may seem unnecessary in an adult game like this but you could add secondary objectives, like pay a rent each week, perhaps ending with your own house... feeling that the character is developing it always gives a sense of satisfaction.

-Lastly it's important to add more personality to the characters so that they feel a bit more alive and it should make sense.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes