Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I played as long as i get my bike to 100% to play everything else in the game ,
my answers are always Yes Anne Yes Karen Yes Teacher etc and repair the bike.
But the bike isn't fnished at 100% .....
Stupid bug - sry but that's a waste of time
Ah, yeah. Sorry, I made a small mistake in assigning a check for a variable, making it so it only updates the "bike finished" if it's an exact match (which, of course it isn't, when your total exceeds the max) - I've fixed that now, will look into capping the bike-finished percentage at 100 for next update. I will upload a fixed version. However, there isn't that much to do with the bike finished in this version yet.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Ok gonna try to give an useful feedback:

-First of all let's talk about the character stats, what I actually recommend is that each character has their own stat page, meaning that if you click on your stat menu you would go to a page with all the information that you have about the character.

I would recommend change arousal for corruption because arousal isn't a good stat itself, if you think about it arousal changes a lot depending on the situation of the character, you don't truly need to follow a stat like that and even if you wanted it, I would recommend to have it as an invisible stat that would only influence how x character acts during y situation. But it's not truly necessary. On the other hand a stat like corruption could be used in many ways, to make a character more slutty (even a whore), or just that she accepts "fetish actions".

-Second in this game we have male characters, however one thing you truly have to think is what are their uses?. This depends heavily on what genre you are gonna have this game be, but it's important that if you add them then they should have an use.

Would they make it easier for you to get x girl? or perhaps they are compiting against you so that they can get y girl?. In fact, can the girls have sex with anyone other than you?.

-Third is about the scenes, it's okay to have repeatable scenes but of course the frequency should be reduced and it should be influenced by stats.

Let's talk about the scene where the landlord is telling you to wake up, to be fair that attitude would make more sense if she was at least 30 dominance.

Having 0 dominance is quite neutral so the scene should be more on the lines of "hey, you should wake up or you are gonna be late!".

Another one is when you say sorry to the landlord, she is so open about sexual issues that I would expect quite a bit of corruption on the character for that scene.

And opening a tar... I think it was a bit too strange that it adds dominance.

-Next we talk about the character, rebel and law-abiding could be just grouped in one stat, you could call it simply "law" and make it positive or negative. It wouldn't make sense to be a rebel and at the same time law abiding, that's why I think it would be optimal to just have one stat.

Personally I think that the MC optimal stats would be:
*Dominance (with positive and negative): This should unlock or lock options in events, if the character is submissive he will be pushed around a lot and if he is dominant then he will tend to exercise his dominance, you could even add activities like fighting to increase or decrease it.
*Virginity: This could be useful to decide how much the characters enjoy the sex act, a virgin character won't give too much pleasure while having sex with him, even more when his partner is experienced!.
*Law: The respect the character has for authorities, having negative law perhaps the character would be more open to open a brothel or do certain dark activities...

-It's important that the character can do other activities, it would be great that you add money in the game and that we can have a job. It may seem unnecessary in an adult game like this but you could add secondary objectives, like pay a rent each week, perhaps ending with your own house... feeling that the character is developing it always gives a sense of satisfaction.

-Lastly it's important to add more personality to the characters so that they feel a bit more alive and it should make sense.
These are actually all good ideas / good advice. I might take some of them into consideration, but it might not be evident for an update or two. As I've stated earlier, there's gonna be a lot of updates in the Alpha-phase, while getting everything working together, and then the frequency will go down as we start adding longer story-arcs and such later on.

As for the stats, I might change some, as you suggested. I do think I will keep the arousal stat, but perhaps modify it a bit. Corruption... maybe. I feel it's a bit overused, and while it does have its merits, I try to not make this "that kind of game" :) We'll see, however.

As for the rebel / law bit, that is actually very good. I will definitely see if I can't modify that bit to be one and the same. Perhaps name it something different as well.

Thanks for the feedback :)

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
These are actually all good ideas / good advice. I might take some of them into consideration, but it might not be evident for an update or two. As I've stated earlier, there's gonna be a lot of updates in the Alpha-phase, while getting everything working together, and then the frequency will go down as we start adding longer story-arcs and such later on.

As for the stats, I might change some, as you suggested. I do think I will keep the arousal stat, but perhaps modify it a bit. Corruption... maybe. I feel it's a bit overused, and while it does have its merits, I try to not make this "that kind of game" :) We'll see, however.

As for the rebel / law bit, that is actually very good. I will definitely see if I can't modify that bit to be one and the same. Perhaps name it something different as well.

Thanks for the feedback :)
It's true that corruption is overused, however that is because it's an useful stat.

For example a character that has a good relation with you and is quite corrupted perhaps will sexual harass you and make interesting scenes, if you don't truly like it then you can actually make it on the lines of perversity, meaning how much of a pervert the character is.

But well it's the same as the rest, just recommendations.

Reactions: Studio Errilhl

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Updated the OP with new downloads, with the critical bug fix for the motorcycle repair / motorcycle finished bug. It will now trigger correctly (however, if you download it, and use a savegame, you will need to go through a day for it to trigger - it will trigger the start of the next day).

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
@switchsl Agreed. Virginity isn't gonna be a stat (it might be a condition / state, on certain characters, but I'm mostly going with modern characters, both guys and girls, and lets face it, not that many virgins at the age of 16,17,18 upwards to 20+).
Also, yes, I do agree with the statement of arousal. Depending on art, I might keep that stat "hidden", and see if I can utilize the character's expressions to show off that (at least a bit).

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
A virginity stat? Come on. You either are or you aren't and there's no going back once you aren't. What you were instead describing sure sounds a lot like arousal. The stat you didn't think was necessary. Also law reminds me of attitude or nature or spirit. I wouldn't call it law. Just my .02.
To be fair what I was meaning is something like levels:

-Virgin
-Little experience
-Experienced
-Incredibly experienced
-Master of sex

And nop, it is very different from arousal that determines when someone is ready to have sex. What I meant is that a character could end up satisfied or dissatisfied after sex depending on your skills and her skills on bed.

And law may remind you of nature or spirit but I would say that's only for you XD, when people talk about the law they are talking about rules, another thing is natural law which is more into what you actually said of nature and spirit, but even so it could be used because if you actually know what it is then you will remember that natural law comes from phylosophy and is very related to morals, when we say that something is "natural law" we are like saying it's common sense because everyone knows if it's right or wrong.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Hm, an experience stat (for fluency in satisfaction, so to speak) might not be that bad... I have already got levels in, although they're not fully implemented yet, hence isn't in use. Might or might not add to that :)

Asstrreader74

Donor
Nov 8, 2017
the first few minutes of the game was okay..like you said it's a never ending loop..good luck anyways as for me it's a another deleted file and a waste of my time

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
the first few minutes of the game was okay..like you said it's a never ending loop..good luck anyways as for me it's a another deleted file and a waste of my time
I hope you will try it again in a couple iterations - the mechanic right now is very grindy, very click click click, but this will be mended a bit when the clock starts functioning, and the story develops, so that more happens each day.

I've considered locking it to a set choice each day (so that you pick what you do in the morning, midday, evening and night), but I feel that it will limit the game in other ways. I might try it, though.

Since this is a _very_ early release - we're no even up to 0.1 yet, there will be a lot of changes coming in future updates.

Asstrreader74

Donor
Nov 8, 2017
I hope you will try it again in a couple iterations - the mechanic right now is very grindy, very click click click, but this will be mended a bit when the clock starts functioning, and the story develops, so that more happens each day.

I've considered locking it to a set choice each day (so that you pick what you do in the morning, midday, evening and night), but I feel that it will limit the game in other ways. I might try it, though.

Since this is a _very_ early release - we're no even up to 0.1 yet, there will be a lot of changes coming in future updates.
the Story line is good. and i am sure you will work on the rest good luck

MermaidManOFFICIAL

Jun 28, 2017
How much content is actually in this? Does it just get to Karen pushing you up against the wall and kissing you? Swear I've done that about 100 times.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully people aren't confused between this and HHS :p Best of luck to you bro!
As one of the developers of HHS+, I am actually concerned about this.

I don't want to allege @Errilhl of bad intentions, but using a name that's easy to mistake for an existing game that's been around for a long time just seems like the author is trying to cash in on the popularity of another game when going onto Patreon. Having a preceding "H" in the logo (which also uses red and white in its color scheme, like HHS+) to result in the letters "HHSS" doesn't help to alleviate that suspicion.

For the record: we have been developing HHS+ for several years in our spare time, without every taking any kind of donations, despite all the Patreon craze. And we intend to keep it that way. It would be really bad, though, if people mistook your game for ours and went on to think that they could support us by pledging to you.

I am aware that nobody has a real copyright on the name "HHS", but I'd really appreciate it if you could come up with a name for your game that's less prone to be confused. Since you are just starting off, it may not be too late for that.

dudebroman

Jun 22, 2017
As one of the developers of HHS+, I am actually concerned about this.

I don't want to allege @Errilhl of bad intentions, but using a name that's easy to mistake for an existing game that's been around for a long time just seems like the author is trying to cash in on the popularity of another game when going onto Patreon. Having a preceding "H" in the logo (which also uses red and white in its color scheme, like HHS+) to result in the letters "HHSS" doesn't help to alleviate that suspicion.

For the record: we have been developing HHS+ for several years in our spare time, without every taking any kind of donations, despite all the Patreon craze. And we intend to keep it that way. It would be really bad, though, if people mistook your game for ours and went on to think that they could support us by pledging to you.

I am aware that nobody has a real copyright on the name "HHS", but I'd really appreciate it if you could come up with a name for your game that's less prone to be confused. Since you are just starting off, it may not be too late for that.
I'd say even just losing the abbreviation would do the trick! Hopefully it all works out.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes