Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
May want tp rethink the name. There is already a prolific hentai game called HSS.
It's called . HentHighSchool. And yeah, it has nothing to do with this.

This has already been covered. No, it has nothing to do with HSS, and that should be fairly obvious due to art style and more, also, no mention of HSS at all, anywhere. Also, read up on the thread (about late page 2, IIRC) and see that we've made changes due to HSS representative contacting us. The name will be kept, though.
Now it seems like even you are getting it wrong. HSS is your game, HHS(+) is ours.
Using the acronym of the games to refer to them doesn't help to avoid the confusion.

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
Still, they sound a little too similar. I was really confused at first because I thought this was a submod. Ultimately I don't mind it, but it gives off the wrong impression (and it's not a particularly great title anyway).

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
nothing simulor to hss note hentrai highschool shortenmd is hhs high school shenanigans is hss

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
It's called . HentHighSchool. And yeah, it has nothing to do with this.

Now it seems like even you are getting it wrong. HSS is your game, HHS(+) is ours.
Using the acronym of the games to refer to them doesn't help to avoid the confusion.
Oh, lordy, the lesson is, don't type replies on phone without double-checking them afterwards. :D

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
That's a bit of an unfair comparison; HHS has been in development for almost a decade. They had a lot of time to polish and constantly update the game's mechanics.
Thanks :) HSS (my game, just to make sure noone gets confused), has been in development for about... a month. First alpha on Patreon was released November 9th. Since I'm new at this, and also only have one more person on my team currently, it's both a learning process, and a game-creator process. While I've been involved in game-dev before, that was not adult gaming, nor in any way, form or shape using anything like Ren'Py or similar. So yeah, it's a WIP, and hopefully it will become something useable in due time. If we can keep up the current time-plan, by late February / early March, we should have reached version 0.1/0.2, with most of the game-mechanics made solid. (Which is what we're currently fine-tuning). Getting everything to work is one thing, getting rid of bugs is another, especially this early in development. So at least 1 or 2 days of our one-week spans are currently devoted to testing and bug-fixing. That will hopefully drop to 0-1 days come the coming two weeks.

asdfBONESjkl;

Apr 29, 2017
What's up with the first 'H' in the title? I think that's causing more confusion than just the HSS vs HHS+ mixup.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
What's up with the first 'H' in the title? I think that's causing more confusion than just the HSS vs HHS+ mixup.
That might actually be true. I might do some changes to that, create a different logobit, maybe. That wouldn't affect the name, and the image is easily changeable.

klang

Aug 15, 2016
That's a bit of an unfair comparison; HHS has been in development for almost a decade. They had a lot of time to polish and constantly update the game's mechanics.
Or to endlessly bug hunt a terrible custom engine based on .NET while never finishing most events.

(Sorry, I think they've actually accomplished a lot, it's just that about half of the problems they have are from sunk-cost fallacy and a programming/organizational philosophy that makes it harder and harder for them to move forward instead of becoming more and more niche. It's like a bunch of enterprise database coders tried to make a game, all back end and no UX.)

Reactions: Netori Popeye

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I always get a traceback error when trying to look at stats
bug or i fucked something up?
If you could post an image of the actual error, or copy/paste the content of the error-message, I could have a look - it's probaby a bug, although not one I can remember seeing. However, there's gonna be a new version either later today, or tonight, so you might just wanna wait for that one :D

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Well... I always want to expand, and here's a copy of a new bit of text from the Patreon page, about what I hope will be coming in the coming updates:

I've set up a little timeline for what I want to add in the coming updates. I can't say for sure that these will come in the sequence they're mentioned here, but these are some of the things I want to include in the game:
  • A hint system - which will be available during specific "paths" in the game, or just at points where I know that it might be a little bit confusing, and/or when you're stuck for a bit of time
  • Sound effects - this isn't a top priority at the moment, but I am working on getting some music and sounds for specific scenes. I'm not gonna add ambient sounds, I think, at least not like footsteps or things like that.
  • A quick-travel map, for every location. That means a quick-travel for inside your house, outside, and any other specific location with multiple rooms
  • More locations. This includes (but are not limited to) Karen's house, Miss Novak's house, Bridget's house (Anne's business partner), Ron's house (MCs best friend, still not introduced), a cafe/diner/restaurant (or maybe more than one), some track / sport-locations, and a store
  • I'm sort of wanting to add some scenes with street-racing - this is just an idea for now, and might not become anything, but it would be cool to manage

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Short update: I've been playing around with the Android-build via Ren'py, and it seems like it's doable, although it will involve a bit of extra coding, and some tweaks, before it's viable to run (there are some GUI-issues, and some general interaction issues atm). But I will try to develop a working Android-version as well (I saw that someone requested that).

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Okay. Version 0.020 is up on Patreon. It won't be up here until later today / tonight / tomorrow (whereever your time-zone puts you). I will, of course, update the OP with new links and such as soon as I've slept for... a few hours.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
content wise hm is there?
The game loops (ie, it's not an A to B game), so it's sort of hard to say, but purely sexy-content wise, there isn't much there at the time being. Next update is gonna be mainly story, so that will flesh out quite a few arcs and content, and reveal at least one, maybe two new characters, and so on. Currently there is probably 30 minutes, to an hour play time, if you actually read and try to follow the story / content, and "fill up" each stat that counts (which stats count is sort of hard to tell, since you do not get any stat hints), but some hints are given in-game, about which stats you need to up to achieve different scenes / goals.

Richard Perkins

Jul 15, 2017
landlady, roommate i thought this was about incest. Am i wrong here??
(it says it on the tags)

Last edited:
1.30 star(s) 3 Votes