Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Android versi please
There might come an Android version eventually, but currently we have not taken the time to modify the code to fit (Ren'Py do have an Android builder, but it's a bit flaky, and our project doesn't work quite right. I will of course update if an Android version gets released).

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
As one of the developers of HHS+, I am actually concerned about this.

I don't want to allege @Errilhl of bad intentions, but using a name that's easy to mistake for an existing game that's been around for a long time just seems like the author is trying to cash in on the popularity of another game when going onto Patreon. Having a preceding "H" in the logo (which also uses red and white in its color scheme, like HHS+) to result in the letters "HHSS" doesn't help to alleviate that suspicion.
I have honestly never heard of HHS before I started this thread, and I apologize for any similarities. I tried finding a logo of yours, or a website apart from the forum - do you have one? I also tried finding a logo or anything like that online, but couldn't find that either. Do I have to download the game to find these things?

For the record: we have been developing HHS+ for several years in our spare time, without every taking any kind of donations, despite all the Patreon craze. And we intend to keep it that way. It would be really bad, though, if people mistook your game for ours and went on to think that they could support us by pledging to you.

I am aware that nobody has a real copyright on the name "HHS", but I'd really appreciate it if you could come up with a name for your game that's less prone to be confused. Since you are just starting off, it may not be too late for that.
I don't think I will, unfortunately. I have no intentions of stealing from you, and if any of my eventual Patreons voice disappointment or concern that HSS is not HHS, which they assumed it was (how, I have no idea, but people have been known to not be able to read and/or see differences in art styles), I will happily point them in the right direction and refund their money.

But, the whole HSS-bit is part of the story (the HSS in the logo for the game is also the logo for the school, with its own name matching the logo), and rewriting it will take a bit of time - I would also have to redo the logo, menu and internal graphics... so I don't think that it's in the cards as of now. Sorry about the unintentional confusion - I repeat, I was not trying to use your game for my benefit (frankly, I've never heard of HHS, but that's on me, not on you).[/QUOTE]

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
How much content is actually in this? Does it just get to Karen pushing you up against the wall and kissing you? Swear I've done that about 100 times.
Not that much at the moment. That is about as far as you get with Karen in this version. There will be further developments in the coming update, however, for those of you who prefer graphics (you know, nude drawings or renders of people bashing together), that will not be in for a couple updates. Text more or less only for the time being, as my artist is working on the bits and pieces going together ;)

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have honestly never heard of HHS before I started this thread, and I apologize for any similarities. I tried finding a logo of yours, or a website apart from the forum - do you have one? I also tried finding a logo or anything like that online, but couldn't find that either. Do I have to download the game to find these things?
There is no website aside from the forum (which also houses some sister projects, but the original HHS from 2010 is what originally sparked the site). The favicon of that site is the logo that's also used by the game's executable. It consists of white letters "HHS" on a red background, so you using red letters "HSS" on a white background seemed surprisingly similar.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
There is no website aside from the forum (which also houses some sister projects, but the original HHS from 2010 is what originally sparked the site). The favicon of that site is the logo that's also used by the game's executable. It consists of white letters "HHS" on a red background, so you using red letters "HSS" on a white background seemed surprisingly similar.
Okay. I would be happy to find another color - that should at least take away that association (the color / favicon thing). I've now changed the color from red to green, updated this post here, my Patreon, and of course the game will be updated coming the next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Ernie

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
HSS 0.019 Alpha is out - links updated
Yup, latest release is up, and links on OP has been updated, together with changelog. Unfortunately, Gofile seems to have a hiccup, so those links are taken down for the time being - I will update the OP as soon as I get that upload working.

Reactions: SholBlerk

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
HSS 0.019 Alpha is out - links updated
Yup, latest release is up, and links on OP has been updated, together with changelog. Unfortunately, Gofile seems to have a hiccup, so those links are taken down for the time being - I will update the OP as soon as I get that upload working.
Hi, always remember to update properly the OP (version/update date..).

Moreover it is really important that you let us know when you add a new version .We need to change the title and promote the game. If not your update is going to be unnoticed. :coldsweat:

Reactions: Studio Errilhl

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Hi, always remember to update properly the OP (version/update date..).

Moreover it is really important that you let us know when you add a new version .We need to change the title and promote the game. If not your update is going to be unnoticed. :coldsweat:
Ah, sorry, yeah, I left out a couple thing in the description / content - sorry about that. So... should I actually inform a moderator when a new version is out? Or is it enough to just update (and of course remember to update correctly) the OP?

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Ah, sorry, yeah, I left out a couple thing in the description / content - sorry about that. So... should I actually inform a moderator when a new version is out? Or is it enough to just update (and of course remember to update correctly) the OP?
You need to let us know (staff or uploaders). We need to promote the game. So it will appear in the latest update page. It is the best way to let people know about your update. I think this could interest you XD

Reactions: Studio Errilhl

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
When you put out an update, just @ one of the staff/mods and ask for the thread to be promoted.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
May want tp rethink the name. There is already a prolific hentai game called HSS.
So wait, this has nothing to do with HSS? I thought it was a sub-project or something.
This has already been covered. No, it has nothing to do with HHS, and that should be fairly obvious due to art style and more, also, no mention of HHS at all, anywhere. Also, read up on the thread (about late page 2, IIRC) and see that we've made changes due to HHS representative contacting us. The name will be kept, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Ernie

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
You need to let us know (staff or uploaders). We need to promote the game. So it will appear in the latest update page. It is the best way to let people know about your update. I think this could interest you XD
I figured there was an automatic change-monitor happening, so if anyone changes the OP / title / content, the thread / post would promote to the update-bit automatically :)

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes