Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
I make hundreds of saves and they are like my gallery and I like to hide the UI so I have a nice view of the scene I saved. So quick saves wouldn't really help either.
Well, I haven't changed anythign about the UI, but I've made it so the UI is hidden when the screenshot is taken, so all images in the save screen should now be free of any UI. Hopefully, that solves the issue.

Reactions: frozenfeet

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
So, for a little (non-lewd) update to what's going on currently: I'm making the school-building - not entirely done yet, but getting there.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

silentdevil

Aug 14, 2019
There's no clear objectives and quite honestly I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing, where I am supposed to be doing it, and a lot of character interactions don't have renders. Or they aren't loading correctly?

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
There's no clear objectives and quite honestly I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing, where I am supposed to be doing it, and a lot of character interactions don't have renders. Or they aren't loading correctly?
There will, hopefully, be a walkthrough released with the next update. As for renders, the rig is hard at work rendering, and hopefully there will be no more missing images for the coming update.

As for now, you'll have to rely on the hints popping up on the phone for hints about what you should be doing.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Well... then. Fun things happen when you use DAZ for projects like this, usually the "fun" is that DAZ just decides to stop working.

More elaborate explanation on here:

That being said, I'm still gonna try and have the next update out by December 1st, I'll just have to soldier through setting up a limited install DAZ with a very limited set of assets, to keep this project working properly, and hopefully be able to get up and running again within a day or two.

• Sad
Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Well, at least my DAZ is back in working order, but getting eveything in place again takes longer than expected. I've gotten _most_ things working, so at least I'm back in action :)

Reactions: gigan

BigTexas29

Dec 16, 2019
Are there any plans to make an android version of this? Id love to try it out but have no other way of playing it

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
read the op please.
Asking a bit much there, mate. This is F95zone where a third of the people are wholly incapable at looking at anything other than the name of the game, update number, their prefered os and file host. The search bar is non existent along with everything else.

• Haha
Reactions: Bryon Smothers

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Actually, there might be an Android make of this, eventually. Renpy has added support for the focus_mask property (which it didn't have before), which makes the game possible to play also on Android - however, last time I tried making an Android build, it flat out refuses to do so. I haven't pinpointed the cause yet, as it hasn't been a priority, but it seems Gradle (the build-environment for Android) have severe problems with my game, or asset in the game (if I remove X amount of images from the build, it builds just fine). And yes, I've tried most of the basic "set this to this amount" changes, rerun the setup for the Android environment, etc, without much luck. Currently, it's not high on the priority list at all.

Right now, what I'm doing is working through the bug- and todo-list on my Github, to see if I can get the game to behave properly, and also trying to get most of the missing graphics in place, while also writing the next chapter of the story.

I've decided to not set a "new update will be coming at this date", as the progress is not in any way, shape or form steady, but I hope to have a new version out by the end of March (not withstanding I might have to move during that timespan, so it might be longer, if it comes to that).

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes