Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
has good potential but now its just a buggy mess
If there are bugs, I'd be happy if you told me about them. Note that missing renders and such aren't considered "bugs" in this case, but if you have any that causes game-crashes, or functionality that doesn't work as intended, I'd be happy if you could gimme a short rundown.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
Just a small error in the dialog, when you are locked out in the rain and try the doorbell, it says " both your LANDLADY and your LANDLADY must be out."

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Just a small error in the dialog, when you are locked out in the rain and try the doorbell, it says " both your LANDLADY and your LANDLADY must be out."
Ah, that's a use of the wrong variable. I'll fix it. I'm gonna go through those events anyway, but this is one of those things that you just don't necessarily see, even while looking directly at the code, or even playing through, because you're just reading what you "know" it should say, not actually realising there is an error. Thanks.

Reactions: asdfg_dk

Annna360

Mar 9, 2018
If there are bugs, I'd be happy if you told me about them. Note that missing renders and such aren't considered "bugs" in this case, but if you have any that causes game-crashes, or functionality that doesn't work as intended, I'd be happy if you could gimme a short rundown.
dunno i considered the missing renders as bugs, but i went like 3 days without any events spawning or starting, there is no render of the landlady when eating in the kitchen, and a lot of small things like that

Drgnlvr526

Nov 9, 2017
how do you unlock the bathroom? also found a bug when I worked on bike around 730pm it thought it was morning and takes me to the bathroom to shower for school

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
how do you unlock the bathroom? also found a bug when I worked on bike around 730pm it thought it was morning and takes me to the bathroom to shower for school
Hm... that's kinda weird, I will look into it. It did say 19:30 on the clock, right? As for the bathroom lock breaking, it isn't actually in the game currently (will be in next update).

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Ah, I've found the problem with the "jump to bathroom" after working on the bike. Will fix to next release.

Ammoman

Aug 17, 2018
Got this exception when clicking Ron's text to add Catherina's number to contact list. Any suggestions please?

1571485973042.png

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Okay, that's a really weird bug that only happens with some very specific circumstances, so I'll need to hunt down the specific cause, I think, because something is messing up the sequence. Basically, it happens if there are unread hints (or, at least more than 1 unread hint) on the phone, when you try to click the message button. Why this would in any way affect anything, is beyond me, but I'll try to figure it out.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Oops, that actually is a left over from the earlier versions, which was indeed 2dcg. I will update.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Why do you force saves thru phone instead of normal RenPy right mouse button click? I cant save and hide the UI at the same time.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Creator's choice. Not sure why hiding the UI is important for a save? I might be able to make a keyboard shortcut that autosaves / quicksaves.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Creator's choice. Not sure why hiding the UI is important for a save? I might be able to make a keyboard shortcut that autosaves / quicksaves.
I make hundreds of saves and they are like my gallery and I like to hide the UI so I have a nice view of the scene I saved. So quick saves wouldn't really help either.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes