Ren'Py Abandoned HSS -HighSchool Shenanigans- [v0.1.1 (bugfix)] [Studio Errilhl]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Well, then. New version up, with new numbering (current is 0.1), due to rebuild of the game, mechanics and most of the graphics. This would've been 0.26 if I was still using the old versioning system.

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Well, then. New version up, with new numbering (current is 0.1), due to rebuild of the game, mechanics and most of the graphics. This would've been 0.26 if I was still using the old versioning system.
Time to give it another go.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Note that there are still some issues, and some bugs with language / grammar (auto-text, that isn't entirely 100% correct, for all permutations), and probably some bugs I haven't found yet. There is also quite a few renders missing in the current version, hopefully I'll get through all of those for the October release.

The plan forward is to remake the Patreon tiers, and probably keep the game free for a while, at least, just as a support method.

Also, thinking to have a single-monthly release, maybe expanding to bi-monthly, if I get the other game I'm working on into a releaseable state (ie, swapping between them every other month).

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Hit a game ending error on the second day when working on bike in the morning.

ScriptError: could not find label 'lockdoorbathroom'

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
I do like sandboxes, but this one is just too empty. Empty rooms 95% of the time, no clue what to do except work the bike, shower, earn money, "go to school". I have found no way to just advance time except "sleep the day off".

Some goals or writing the schedules of the npcs into the stats screen would help.

Many dialogs are happening in front of one static image (for example school) or black screen (for example karen in bedroom).

So this seems to be a solid framework, but no content and not really playable right now.

Last edited:

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I do like sandboxes, but this one is just too empty. Empty rooms 95% of the time, no clue what to do except work the bike, shower, earn money, "go to school". I have found no way to just advance time except "sleep the day off".

Some goals or writing the schedules of the npcs into the stats screen would help.

Many dialogs are happening in front of one static image (for example school) or black screen (for example karen in bedroom).
You can advance time by clicking on the clock in the upper right corner. With the rest, I agree with you.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this is unplayable crap..how the fuck do i save?..cannot right click the screen(like every other ren'py game) to bring up the save/options screen..cannot find an icon to save...this is just a really bad poorly planned game..should have let it die..
clicked the X on the window to close the whole damn game and i get the "phone" and options..sighhh..poorly done...

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
this is unplayable crap..how the fuck do i save?..cannot right click the screen(like every other ren'py game) to bring up the save/options screen..cannot find an icon to save...this is just a really bad poorly planned game..should have let it die..
clicked the X on the window to close the whole damn game and i get the "phone" and options..sighhh..poorly done...
There is a save button on the phone. The game is unplayable though. Repair bike in morning..game crash..try to add number of Ron's sister to contacts...crash...randomly moving around the house...crash.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
To save, click on the phone in the upper corner (at the bottom of the phone is safe/load, etc.).
The rest is... I have no clue how to progress in the game properly but it is an early version and it might change in the future.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
You can advance time by clicking on the clock in the upper right corner. With the rest, I agree with you.
i also have the bug were it always dark and the bug were charterers do not show up when talking to them most of the time . I hope the dev will fix these bugs soon

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
couldnt click the phone..it only popped up when i clicked the X on my window to close the game..no worries already deleted..moving on..

Reactions: HorizonD

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
couldnt click the phone..it only popped up when i clicked the X on my window to close the game..no worries already deleted..moving on..
You have to pick the phone up in your room. Kinda stupid design. You should just start with it if it has all the damn game options in it.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
i also have the bug were it always dark and the bug were charterers do not show up when talking to them most of the time . I hope the dev will fix these bugs soon
Yeah, I feel you. I didn't play that long because it got boring really fast.^^

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
I'm confused. "image not found", "charters not show", "background is black"and and and... If you do something, do it properly... Oh im sorry, you ruined this properly. :unsure:

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
game full of bugs ! go to work on bike after that error can`t do anything ! go to kitchen and ghost mom tell me something ! .......

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes