• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Awesome that you're giving it another chance. Trust me when I say there is PLENTY of good stuff to come =]
Besides appealing to a certain taboo, incest is mostly used in games here to have an easy setup with chars MC knows without too much explaining needed and then progressing game like they hardly had a relation last 20 years and an adult Mc acting like he is of an age where still needs to have his first relation with a woman. :p Also come on, how many Sons have no idea of their Mother or sisters likes and hobbies if grew up in a loving and safe environment. Maybe not whether they like anal, but things like music tastes and such? :p

One of the things I like about PP is that they do have that relation and act like it at least. To me it is not so much about incest or not, but about a good story and believable characters. Whether related or not.

Last edited:

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
Besides appealing to a certain taboo, incest is mostly used in games here to have an easy setup with chars MC knows without too much explaining needed and then progressing game like they hardly had a relation last 20 years and an adult Mc acting like he is of an age where still needs to have his first relation with a woman. :p Also come on, how many Sons have no idea of their Mother or sisters likes and hobbies if grew up in a loving and safe environment. Maybe not whether they like anal, but things like music tastes and such? :p

One of the things I like about PP is that they do have that relation and act like it at least. To me it is not so much about incest or not, but about a good story and believable characters. Whether related or not.

i agree with the first bit. not so much the 2nd.

i have read hundreds of erotic novels and short stories over several decades, alot of which included incest and it wasn't until i came to F95 and started seeing these incest stories flourish here in past few years that i started also to see this very same poorly forced narrative. you have just pointed the biggest plot-hole in just about most of these type of games :D

i dont really find PP to be any different in that respect either as, to me it still reads like its written for middling teens.
it could be the writing style or it could be (which does often feel the case) that the writers are following the direction of the main developer and are forced to write wherever the created images are forcing them to go. for a writer it can be a little stifling creatively. i know for certain that it would be for me

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Not really.. Its all about incest/harem/loli to the masses.
My point exactly =] If you never try anything else, how do you know you'll ever like anything else? I'm going to create story these guys have never seen before, like this one that people seem to be enjoying.

That doesn't explain anything. What does explain something is the change log change to instead of only MC being in a car accident, you and a "roommate" (or whatever other replacement word for brother/sister used in incest games).

Also, the change log was changed again so... Who really knows at this point. All we know is it's being changed to "original format." Whatever that means.
Lol let me make it clear -- nothing has changed. The game will resume in a couple of months.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
i agree with the first bit. not so much the 2nd.

i have read hundreds of erotic novels and short stories over several decades, alot of which included incest and it wasn't until i came to F95 and started seeing these incest stories flourish here in past few years that i started also to see this very same poorly forced narrative. you have just pointed the biggest plot-hole in just about most of these type of games :D

i dont really find PP to be any different in that respect either as, to me it still reads like its written for middling teens.
it could be the writing style or it could be (which does often feel the case) that the writers are following the direction of the main developer and are forced to write wherever the created images are forcing them to go. for a writer it can be a little stifling creatively. i know for certain that it would be for me
Can you explain how PP is the same as all the other games? I'm not quite sure how it's written for teens

Reactions: MrFriendly

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
At the end of the day you must decide who and why you making these games for... Yourself and others to enjoy with you or for the masses/money. At least how i see it.

My point exactly =] If you never try anything else, how do you know you'll ever like anything else? I'm going to create story these guys have never seen before, like this one that people seem to be enjoying.

Lol let me make it clear -- nothing has changed. The game will resume in a couple of months.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I still like this game despite it being different from PP and SS and sometimes it's nice to get something that's different rather than the same tried and tested formula for a VN. Although with that said I'm glad to see you are concentrating on those other games especially Secret Summer that's becoming one of my current favourites.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
At the end of the day you must decide who and why you making these games for... Yourself and others to enjoy with you or for the masses/money. At least how i see it.
All of the above. For myself, everyone to enjoy and money to be able to do it full-time. But my VNs are ALL from books I've written. Just glad others enjoy it.

Skye

Jun 25, 2019
I keep getting an error when its supposed to give me the option to push the button of the tank or not in chapter 2, any fixes?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Big Update. Please Read.

***This is a lot, but please read everything!! It's important!***

As you all know, I've been figuring out what games I'll be doing in the future & have figured that out. 1 landlady slice of life/1 nonlandy slice of life/1 sci-fi or fantasy.

I went back & forth about whether I should reboot Hunger for Chaos, because it was a dark and gloomy, more than I wanted even though some liked. But I will be rebooting it.

And I wanted to wait a couple months, because I didn't want you guys to think I couldn't handle to other games, but I think I have proven that I can.

Whenever I say something, I do it.

I hope I have earned your guys's trust, as I have put out an update every single month since I have been developing.

I was going to announce that I was going back to releasing PP and SS both in 6 weeks like before, but I am motivated to do Hunger for chaos. So 3 games in 6 weeks.

HUNGER FOR CHAOS: You and your two roommates have struggled for a long time since your caretakers passed, and when your friend Torry's mom falls sick with a mysterious illness, you come up with a plan to get some quick cash from a dark web post.
But you end up blacking out at the meeting place. And you all wake up back in your home as if nothing had happened. Then you suddenly get a phone call from a mysterious man calling himself 'Noel.' He claims to have healed Torry's mother. And if you don't follow his instructions to do whatever tasks he needs, he will reverse the treatment.

Your 2 roommates to the left. Torry is 3rd, and the Asian girl Jade to the far right is 4.

I'll be adding a new tier for this reboot since I'll be putting a lot more extra time in, but you guys willget the first few chapters for free because I want you to play it and see if you like it to a good degree.

But I PROMISE you will. It will be more like picture perfect and secret summer, with mystery added.

All I ask is that you guys give me a chance to prove to you what I can do. Thank you, and the reboot will be out in 2 weeks.

ALL_HFC-2.png

Last edited:

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Big Update. Please Read.

As you all know, I've been figuring out what games I'll be doing in the future & have figured that out. 1 landlady slice of life/1 nonlandy slice of life/1 sci-fi or fantasy.

I went back & forth about whether I should reboot Hunger for Chaos, because it was a dark and gloomy, more than I wanted even though some liked. But I will be rebooting it.

And I wanted to wait a couple months, because I didn't want you guys to think I couldn't handle to other games, but I think I have proven that I can.

I hope I have earned your guys's trust, as I have put out an update every single month since I have been developing.

I was going to announce that I was going back to releasing PP and SS both in 6 weeks like before, but I am motivated to do Hunger for chaos. So 3 games in 6 weeks.

HUNGER FOR CHAOS: You and your two roommates have struggled for a long time since your caretakers passed, and when your friend Torry's mom falls sick with a mysterious illness, you come up with a plan to get some quick cash from a dark web post.
But you end up blacking out at the meeting place. And you all wake up back in your home as if nothing had happened. Then you suddenly get a phone call from a mysterious man calling himself 'Noel.' He claims to have healed Torry's mother. And if you don't follow his instructions to do whatever tasks he needs, he will reverse the treatment.

Your 2 roommates to the left. Torry is 3rd, and the Asian girl Jade to the far right is 4.

I'll be adding a new tier for this reboot since I'll be putting a lot more extra time in, but you guys willget the first few chapters for free because I want you to play it and see if you like it to a good degree.

But I PROMISE you will. It will be more like picture perfect and secret summer, with mystery added.

All I ask is that you guys give me a chance to prove to you what I can do. Thank you, and the reboot will be out in 2 weeks.

View attachment 730465
So it came back and reboot???? :BootyTime:

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019

Don't get me wrong I am not questioning your hard work but you changed your mind three times already so I don't know about that earning trust thing and "Whenever I say something, I do it." doesn't really apply in this case either. Unless I misunderstood something. Oh and I don't like that you're rebooting this at all.
This game will resume after PP, except with landlady/roommates, so people get Best of both worlds =]
And removed the reboot text. It has not been rebooted and it will not be.
But I will be rebooting it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Don't get me wrong I am not questioning your hard work but you changed your mind three times already so I don't know about that earning trust thing and "Whenever I say something, I do it." doesn't really apply in this case either. Unless I misunderstood something.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I'm guilty of announcing my plans to you guys whenever I think of something because I get so excited. I have been developing less than a year and trying to figure out exactly how I want to do things, so that's for the back and forth.

Though that has been on my EXTRA games, not my main game that has 9 updates. I'm trying to do something different with these other games that are not run-of-the-mill, so it has taken a lot of time and thought than a simple incest game

Reactions: darth_hiruma

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Don't get me wrong I am not questioning your hard work but you changed your mind three times already so I don't know about that earning trust thing and "Whenever I say something, I do it." doesn't really apply in this case either. Unless I misunderstood something.
If he change his mind again, beat him up. I'll join you :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

alex19

Jan 20, 2018
Big Update. Please Read.

View attachment 730465
Firstly, all the best to the Dev. This is ur enterprise and ur call .Whatever we played of ur game till date really great!
Still,
That darkness,that struggle of life n death, was the uniqueness. Maintaining diplomacy, let us like minded players just say - That unique play through, with players getting to stare into the abyss was something that was looked forward to .
For instance in The way ,The most popular option is to defeat the cannibal psycho and save the girl(s). Summers gone also has a beautifully dark suspenseful atmosphere. Guess many players will just keep the older version of this wonderful game too. Its a pity to lose that.

However, dev is indeed capable and surely will get many supporters.All the best!

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes