VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I will definitely give it a spin when you release it. I just aint a big fan of change especially when I thought it was damn good as is. But its your baby so im pulling for you regardless
Thanks a lot, man. I wouldn't be rebooting if if I thought the story I have in mind it was not better. I am very confident in what I am creating and am curious to see how you will feel about it and just a couple of weeks!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Taking out the very real and depressing father story could be a good thing overall. We'll have to wait and see
Yeah, I was happy that the father dying story is gone. Though I am now worried about Camilla and her mystery ailment. It was intriguing to see Piper appear, she seems like a blank slate. Hope nothing happens to the family but having the MC in need of money to save the cafe and get Camilla her treatments is better than the MC being in a hopeless state and desperate enough for drugs to allow Torry to get him involved in robbing a drug dealer (though maybe that will still happen - which is fine I don't need to like Torry anyway).

Anyway, I feel this is a promising start.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, I was happy that the father dying story is gone. Though I am now worried about Camilla and her mystery ailment. It was intriguing to see Piper appear, she seems like a blank slate. Hope nothing happens to the family but having the MC in need of money to save the cafe and get Camilla her treatments is better than the MC being in a hopeless state and desperate enough for drugs to allow Torry to get him involved in robbing a drug dealer (though maybe that will still happen - which is fine I don't need to like Torry anyway).

Anyway, I feel this is a promising start.
Is the remade game out already?? All I can see in the OP are the links for the previous game Hunger For Chaos CH 2

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Interested to know your thoughts wants to play =]
MrFriendly mentioned that the MC was now a Cafe owner with a potentially sick sister/friend, so the same basic premise as before in terms of needing money. The story has removed the father being cared for etc.. I was digging the SAW type set up from the last game, so look forward to any SCI-FI shenanigans it has and more TORRY ;) https://f95zone.to/threads/just-another-bubble-ch-1-superwriter.47544/post-3906659

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
MrFriendly mentioned that the MC was now a Cafe owner with a potentially sick sister/friend, so the same basic premise as before in terms of needing money. The story has removed the father being cared for etc.. I was digging the SAW type set up from the last game, so look forward to any SCI-FI shenanigans it has and more TORRY ;) https://f95zone.to/threads/just-another-bubble-ch-1-superwriter.47544/post-3906659
Yeah, the sister/friend isn't in as desperate a situation though (right now anyway). That contributed a lot to my calling the original game "bleak", also the fact that the MC didn't have any friends or family so he was isolated. I felt it was odd that when Torry showed up he would immediately trust her, I hope that doesn't happen again here unless they have a different relationship.

As this is a reboot/rework and not an entirely new game I do expect a bit of darkness to happen but not to the level we saw previously. We shall see if my optimism is warranted.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Yeah, the sister/friend isn't in as desperate a situation though (right now anyway). That contributed a lot to my calling the original game "bleak", also the fact that the MC didn't have any friends or family so he was isolated. I felt it was odd that when Torry showed up he would immediately trust her, I hope that doesn't happen again here unless they have a different relationship.

As this is a reboot/rework and not an entirely new game I do expect a bit of darkness to happen but not to the level we saw previously. We shall see if my optimism is warranted.
There's not much darkness, as this is a mystery science fiction game and there will be no life-threatening situations, per se. They will get in dangerous situations where they are more likely to get in trouble, like going to prison.

And the roommate has a learning disability more of, but not sick. She is completely normal and just have some trouble with academics. You'll see =]

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
There's not much darkness, as this is a mystery science fiction game and there will be no life-threatening situations, per se. They will get in dangerous situations where they are more likely to get in trouble, like going to prison.

And the roommate has a learning disability more of, but not sick. She is completely normal and just have some trouble with academics. You'll see =]
Good! I'd hate to withhold my overly effusive posts because you endangered the family. ;)

I really liked what you did with this one, I felt more connected with the characters than with the father and Torry. I really didn't feel pulled into the story before where as now I feel invested.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Can I still have my Torry fix, though? Loved her look and personality. She just swooped in and was like "Sorry, but we're a thing now. Just accept it." And MC did because that's exactly what he needed in his life at the moment: someone to help him feel *alive* and *wanted*.

Picture Perfect is a happy happy joy joy game (Paris is my girl), but Hunger had a darker feel that I just adored.

I have no concerns about the writing (SuperWriter has proven he can deliver great dialogue) but we'll see if the new tone and atmosphere can match up to Hunger.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Can I still have my Torry fix, though? Loved her look and personality. She just swooped in and was like "Sorry, but we're a thing now. Just accept it." And MC did because that's exactly what he needed in his life at the moment: someone to help him feel *alive* and *wanted*.

Picture Perfect is a happy happy joy joy game (Paris is my girl), but Hunger had a darker feel that I just adored.

I have no concerns about the writing (SuperWriter has proven he can deliver great dialogue) but we'll see if the new tone and atmosphere can match up to Hunger.
Torry is still an LI in the game, she didnt appear in Ch. 1 tho.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

Torry is still an LI in the game, she didnt appear in Ch. 1 tho.
Just Another Bubble is very different from PP and SS yet familiar in a lot of ways. Chapter one does not have Torry, but chapter 2 will be using pretty much all of her renders and will be the exact same scenario as hunger for chaos with her robbing the drug dealer and everything else because people fell in love with her character and I loved her introduction.

And the second chapter is when we will get into the mystery and heart of the game. chapter one is about setting up the three new characters and I think you're really going to like them

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
but chapter 2 will be using pretty much all of her renders and will be the exact same scenario as hunger for chaos with her robbing the drug dealer and everything else because people fell in love with her character and I loved her introduction.
Im super happy that you're going that route, as you know Torry is mah girl and i cant wait to be reunited with her again.

I also hope you make the characters change outfit and hair sometimes like before because this look on Torry is way too good not to be used again:
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 9 Votes