VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Just Another Bubble is very different from PP and SS yet familiar in a lot of ways. Chapter one does not have Torry, but chapter 2 will be using pretty much all of her renders and will be the exact same scenario as hunger for chaos with her robbing the drug dealer and everything else because people fell in love with her character and I loved her introduction.

And the second chapter is when we will get into the mystery and heart of the game. chapter one is about setting up the three new characters and I think you're really going to like them
Im super happy that you're going that route, as you know Torry is mah girl and i cant wait to be reunited with her again.
Ah, okay. Well I didn't like her in the original so I don't expect to like her in this one either. I didn't like that Torry drew the MC into committing a crime, especially since she was someone the MC kinda remembered from HS. And then to top it off Torry then is the reason that the MC ends up being used as a guinea pig for some madman's science experiments. But it doesn't matter because she's not the only LI at this point and I can focus on Camilla and Valentine without bothering with giving Torry the time of day.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Ah, okay. Well I didn't like her in the original so I don't expect to like her in this one either. I didn't like that Torry drew the MC into committing a crime, especially since she was someone the MC kinda remembered from HS. And then to top it off Torry then is the reason that the MC ends up being used as a guinea pig for some madman's science experiments. But it doesn't matter because she's not the only LI at this point and I can focus on Camilla and Valentine without bothering with giving Torry the time of day.
I've noticed that you and I have similar tastes and ideals through the various games we both seem to comment on.

But this post of yours besmirching Torry has broken our sacred trust.

Friendship ended with MrFriendly
Now Englen is my best friend.

/s... obviously

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I've noticed that you and I have similar tastes and ideals through the various games we both seem to comment on.

But this post of yours besmirching Torry has broken our sacred trust.

Friendship ended with MrFriendly
Now Englen is my best friend.

/s... obviously
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Come back! I'm fine with pity fucking Torry (as long as she'll take it in the ass)...

LOL

Nah, man. It's not really even her, it's the situation that she gets the MC into in HFC... The MC goes from a shit situation with a loved one who is in desperate need of something to being 1) a criminal who steals from a criminal and 2) a lab experiment for Noel. Essentially because of Torry and her carefree "what's the worst that can happen" attitude. In the original game we didn't have any reason to trust the people who were conducting the experiments so in the MC's mind, for an unspecified length of time, he has no idea who is taking care of his father. He has no idea if his dad is alive, dead, or suffering. And that is why I don't like Torry... Well, that and the ridiculous cheek piercings. Not into that look.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I'll give you #1 for sure (even though I found it hilarious), but c'mon...I think it's unfair to blame Torry for the shitshow that they both ended up in. Yeah, she found the "get rich quick" scheme, but MC was just as desperate and agreed to it. He felt at the time he had literally nothing to lose.

As for the piercings, any cosmetic look is going to be down to personal preference and I certainly don't fault someone for not liking a particular look. Personally I found her look, piercings and all, to be super hot. Kinda dirty-hot, but hot nonetheless.

But FINE. I accept your unacceptance of Torry.

Friendship Regain With MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'll give you #1 for sure (even though I found it hilarious), but c'mon...I think it's unfair to blame Torry for the shitshow that they both ended up in. Yeah, she found the "get rich quick" scheme, but MC was just as desperate and agreed to it. He felt at the time he had literally nothing to lose.

As for the piercings, any cosmetic look is going to be down to personal preference and I certainly don't fault someone for not liking a particular look. Personally I found her look, piercings and all, to be super hot. Kinda dirty-hot, but hot nonetheless.

Well, if she had never come along then the MC would never have been in either of those situations.

But yeah, we can all like what we like. I mean, if she was a redhead I would probably forgive her... ;) not really.

Reactions: Faptime

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

Well, if she had never come along then the MC would never have been in either of those situations.

But yeah, we can all like what we like. I mean, if she was a redhead I would probably forgive her... ;) not really.
I have to agree with FapTime here.

These were the options for the MC last game

1) Let his father suffer with pain and decline Torry's offer to get the morphine or not

2) Accept Torry'soffer for the dark website post or let his father die.

She literally provided him the only options to save his father. I don't know about you but I wouldn't think twice to save a loved one. Blaming her for giving him options is really unfair, IMO.

"SHE MADE ME DO IT!"

I don't think any grown man should be blaming anyone else for the actions he takes.

And then when they get into the death games and only one of them can be saved, she blames herself when they are about to drown. And OFFERS HER LIFE so the MC can survive

Come on, dude lol. it's fine if you don't like Torry, but I really don't think she deserves the bashing you give her

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Eh, Jade was a blank slate with no personality. I am good without her. Though I have no problem with preggo shenanigans...
She's Asian. That's what matter.
Im super happy that you're going that route, as you know Torry is mah girl and i cant wait to be reunited with her again.

I also hope you make the characters change outfit and hair sometimes like before because this look on Torry is way too good not to be used again:
View attachment 749923
Her hair make it so hard to cutout bg.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020

1) Let his father suffer with pain and decline Torry's offer to get the morphine or not

2) Accept Torry'soffer for the dark website post or let his father die.

She literally provided him the only options to save his father. I don't know about you but I wouldn't think twice to save a loved one. Blaming her for giving him options is really unfair, IMO.

"SHE MADE ME DO IT!"

I don't think any grown man should be blaming anyone else for the actions he takes.

And then when they get into the death games and only one of them can be saved, she blames herself when they are about to drown. And OFFERS HER LIFE so the MC can survive

Come on, dude lol. it's fine if you don't like Torry, but I really don't think she deserves the bashing you give her
But you deserve every "bash" I give you :BootyTime:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

2) Accept Torry's offer for the dark website post or let his father die.

"SHE MADE ME DO IT!"

1) He didn't know she was going to rob the guy. If she had told him beforehand they could have been partners but she gave him no choice. She forces him into the situation. It's like picking up a friend at the bank only to find out that he robbed it and you are the get away driver.

2) The MC would never have known about the "job" if Torry had never shown up. Trusting anything on the Dark Web isn't very smart nor is it smart to trust Torry's judgement (she did "surprise" the MC with dragging him into robbing a drug dealer). If the MC had more reason to trust Torry it would make more sense but she is literally an acquaintance from high school that he hasn't seen in years. She just shows up one day and the MC inexplicably trusts her. If they'd been friends who drifted apart it would be understandable for them to partner in the robbery of the drug dealer and to take the dark web job. But once again it felt more like the MC was being dragged around instead of making choices.

Once the MC/player gets to the "job" and is kidnapped, strapped to a chair, and tortured there is no reason to believe that they will survive, let alone receive the money that was promised to them. At that point the MC should be thinking that not only is it unlikely that he will live through it but that, even if he does, his dad might be dead. Last time he saw his dad the man had aspirated on his own vomit and been rushed to the hospital. What if some other emergency had happened while the MC was being tortured? How long was he being tortured? Hours? Days? Who was taking care of his dad? That was why I found the whole sick father storyline bleak. There was no glimmer of hope because there is no information given to the MC that would make him hope.

SO yeah I don't like Torry, because the MC was looking at being an orphan and losing a parent is really fucking tough, but from the MC's perspective (in the moment of being tortured) it looked like Torry had gotten the MC killed too.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
1) He didn't know she was going to rob the guy. If she had told him beforehand they could have been partners but she gave him no choice. She forces him into the situation. It's like picking up a friend at the bank only to find out that he robbed it and you are the get away driver.

2) The MC would never have known about the "job" if Torry had never shown up. Trusting anything on the Dark Web isn't very smart nor is it smart to trust Torry's judgement (she did "surprise" the MC with dragging him into robbing a drug dealer). If the MC had more reason to trust Torry it would make more sense but she is literally an acquaintance from high school that he hasn't seen in years. She just shows up one day and the MC inexplicably trusts her. If they'd been friends who drifted apart it would be understandable for them to partner in the robbery of the drug dealer and to take the dark web job. But once again it felt more like the MC was being dragged around instead of making choices.

Once the MC/player gets to the "job" and is kidnapped, strapped to a chair, and tortured there is no reason to believe that they will survive, let alone receive the money that was promised to them. At that point the MC should be thinking that not only is it unlikely that he will live through it but that, even if he does, his dad might be dead. Last time he saw his dad the man had aspirated on his own vomit and been rushed to the hospital. What if some other emergency had happened while the MC was being tortured? How long was he being tortured? Hours? Days? Who was taking care of his dad? That was why I found the whole sick father storyline bleak. There was no glimmer of hope because there is no information given to the MC that would make him hope.

SO yeah I don't like Torry, because the MC was looking at being an orphan and losing a parent is really fucking tough, but from the MC's perspective (in the moment of being tortured) it looked like Torry had gotten the MC killed too.
This is why it get rework. Too dark and Torry is blamed more than sw intend to. He hate it when people compare it to saw.

Reactions: Faptime

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

Torry is definitely a flawed person who jumps in headfirst before thinking. Impulsive and gun-ho, but she honestly means well and I think that's why most people like her

I think you have to judge a person based on intention. At the end of the day, she was just trying to HELP, and when she realized the horrible mistake she had made, she offered her life. So cut poor Torry some slack, eh? Lol

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes