VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Grohal

Jul 27, 2019
Well, I am divided by the remake. It is well written (like most of the stuff from this author), has likeable chars and overall is really good. But this sister, sorry roommate stuff reminds me to much of the other game picture perfect (yeah I know its daughters there, but still).

My only real problem is: I liked the first version very much. I got me more captivated, somehow.

Still gotta follow this, as I said the remake is not bad or anything. Maybe it will get me more with the next update.

I am more of a "It's the makers story. To do a good job he has to do it his way, if I don't like it I just go away and play something else"-kind of guy, anyway. :D

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Well, I am divided by the remake. It is well written (like most of the stuff from this author), has likeable chars and overall is really good. But this sister, sorry roommate stuff reminds me to much of the other game picture perfect (yeah I know its daughters there, but still).

My only real problem is: I liked the first version very much. I got me more captivated, somehow.

Still gotta follow this, as I said the remake is not bad or anything. Maybe it will get me more with the next update.

I am more of a "It's the makers story. To do a good job he has to do it his way, if I don't like it I just go away and play something else"-kind of guy, anyway. :D
Thanks a lot for giving it a try. And the real game didn't start yet, as in the plot. But things really pick up next update!

Reactions: Grohal

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Slightly disappointed in the tone shift as there aren't many good horror AVN's with a dark undertone. But judging by how many people complained and overlooked this game because it was too dark for them makes sense to lighten it up to draw attention to it, even though it was very tame in my opinion.

Still, the writing is good, the characters seem to be interesting and the story just started so it's early to judge. Just wish the devs would stop using the incest crutch in their games, I know it's popular but it seems like a waste of your skills as a writer if they are above decent and your capable to produce something smarter.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
But judging by how many people complained
I don't know how many times dev has had to say it now but the complaints had nothing to do with it.

IUt wasn't supposed to be taken as dark as saw etc... but people were misunderstanding his intent so he had to change it.

It's like people completely ignore what the dev says and invent their own reasons for why things happen.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
At least give this game a try before you start complaining lol. You might like it.

You should just give it a try now! I really think you'll like this reboot.

The reason people like my games is because I'M the one making them. If I caved in to all the requests I get via messages, comments, and email, my games would not be mine anymore.

I explained in the OP the reason for the change. But the main storyline has not been changed. The only thing I have changed for the storyline is take out those death trials which were so insignificant to the story.

There is so MUCH MORE, and you'll see that if you decide to give the game a try in the next coming updates =]

LOL I hope I don't come off as rude, I just want to be as transparent as possible and say how I feel. But one thing that I will ALWAYS do is create the best possible story that I can.

All the games you guys have place for me have gone several changes, and for the better. I will do whatever is necessary to make the game the best, even if that means people complaining.

Exactly, which I do try to explain in the OP. This game is definitely not sunshine and unicorns, but I didn't like it being compared to Saw and Black Mirror. The game isn't even close to that. Trust me.

It's a mystery science fiction that will surprise you guys, trust me.
Dear Master Dev SW
I'm just saddened when cuties disappear.
I'll sulk for an instant or two and jump back in the saddle, strap on my harness and devour the new gals!

Yer the top

akenedy

May 3, 2017
IUt wasn't supposed to be taken as dark as saw etc... but people were misunderstanding his intent so he had to change it.
Didn't know that, thank you for telling me. The feel of those horror movies was very prevalent in the original game to me, guess the posts that I read had a similar wrong outlook on the game as me.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I did drop my other game Secret Summer, but that's only because I don't want to do incest anymore, because there are sooo many, and I want to make games that you guys have never seen before.
You dropped one game because you don't want to do incest so you start another that has incest? :unsure: I'm confused.

Reactions: AL.d

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
You dropped one game because you don't want to do incest so you start another that has incest? :unsure: I'm confused.
Come on now, it's obvious this is not an incest game, they're all just roomies!

And don't mind MC being inexplicably conflicted about his sexual thoughts towards his unrelated hot roomies. He is obviously either a very confused gay dude or an old school puritan!

At some point, I just wanted that blonde to keep pestering him about his "complicated" relationship with the girls, only for him to finally scream "IT'S COMPLICATED BECAUSE OF PATREON GODAMMIT".

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Come on now, it's obvious this is not an incest game, they're all just roomies!

And don't mind MC being inexplicably conflicted about his sexual thoughts towards his unrelated hot roomies. He is obviously either a very confused gay dude or an old school puritan!

At some point, I just wanted that blonde to keep pestering him about his "complicated" relationship with the girls, only for him to finally scream "IT'S COMPLICATED BECAUSE OF PATREON GODAMMIT".
Oh I know. Believe me I know. I play a lot of games that have "Room"-cest. I admit I was also a little upset because I also play Secret Summer.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Oh I know. Believe me I know. I play a lot of games that have "Room"-cest. I admit I was also a little upset because I also play Secret Summer.
I get it. Of the three games from this dev, it seemed the most interesting. If you feel the need to say why you abandoned it at least find an excuse that makes sense.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Dev is a sucker for incest. He just doesn't want to do normal slice of life incest because he thought it would be the same as picture perfect which is his main game right now.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Slightly disappointed in the tone shift as there aren't many good horror AVN's with a dark undertone. But judging by how many people complained and overlooked this game because it was too dark for them makes sense to lighten it up to draw attention to it, even though it was very tame in my opinion.

Still, the writing is good, the characters seem to be interesting and the story just started so it's early to judge. Just wish the devs would stop using the incest crutch in their games, I know it's popular but it seems like a waste of your skills as a writer if they are above decent and your capable to produce something smarter.
See? You're making my point for me. This was not meant to be a horror game in the slightest. Can you please read the OP? That explains the reason for the change.

I don't know how many times dev has had to say it now but the complaints had nothing to do with it.

It's like people completely ignore what the dev says and invent their own reasons for why things happen.
Lol Sometimes that confuses me. It's like. "Hey! I'm kind of the guy that created the game and said that is not the case. Hello?" But thanks for trying to clear it up on my behalf

Dear Master Dev SW
I'm just saddened when cuties disappear.
I'll sulk for an instant or two and jump back in the saddle, strap on my harness and devour the new gals!

Yer the top
Haha, I appreciate it and it definitely let me know what you think about the new game once you have a chance!

Obviouslythe game I dropped is not anymore because you admitted that you are playing it, right? So I'm not quite sure what you're confused about lol

I get it. Of the three games from this dev, it seemed the most interesting. If you feel the need to say why you abandoned it at least find an excuse that makes sense.
You obviously don't know me. Before I even knew visual novels existed, I have self-published 30 incest ebooks, which my games are based on. I write it because I like it. Period.

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
I did drop my other game Secret Summer, but that's only because I don't want to do incest anymore, because there are sooo many, and I want to make games that you guys have never seen before.

I know that you guys don't know me very well, but I am a very hard worker. I've been developing for about 6 months, and have released an update every single month.

I honestly love doing this, so it's not work to me. And the fact that you guys are supporting me is fucking huge. I won't let you guys down. I can promise you that =]
NOOOOOooOOOOOoooOOoOooOOooOooooooOOOOOOOOOO ! Pls no! NOO! I loved the game!

treyW77

Jan 17, 2020
Did you abandon "Summer Secret" or is it just on HOLD with a chance you could go back in the future i am not sure this point is clear. I am willing to give your works a chance cause i really like Pic Perfect and i was excited about Summer S but i do get your point of view.

I might be considering making a game and i go back and forth on what to do but in the end i think i have to do ( if i do it ) what will keep me the most interested and not what is hot or not at this moment. I think that is the point is that you want to try your hand in something a little different since you have done so much Cest fiction and then the games in your head it is time to branch out and try something new.

I applaud you and like i said i will try your games and have a open mind all i hope is that MAYBE Summer secret will return down the road and thanks for your hard work.

( BtW have not played new game as of me writing this but i am looking forward to it )

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Decided to do a walkthrough for this one. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to Chapter 1 Reboot

You can find this and all my other work here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
The Game does not really tell you what happened to their parents and how it all ended up like that.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
NOOOOOooOOOOOoooOOoOooOOooOooooooOOOOOOOOOO ! Pls no! NOO! I loved the game!
Did you abandon "Summer Secret" or is it just on HOLD with a chance you could go back in the future i am not sure this point is clear. I am willing to give your works a chance cause i really like Pic Perfect and i was excited about Summer S but i do get your point of view.

I might be considering making a game and i go back and forth on what to do but in the end i think i have to do ( if i do it ) what will keep me the most interested and not what is hot or not at this moment. I think that is the point is that you want to try your hand in something a little different since you have done so much Cest fiction and then the games in your head it is time to branch out and try something new.

I applaud you and like i said i will try your games and have a open mind all i hope is that MAYBE Summer secret will return down the road and thanks for your hard work.

( BtW have not played new game as of me writing this but i am looking forward to it )
Secret Summer is not dropped and got an update last month and will get another update in 2 weeks. Glad you guys like the game though =]

The Game does not really tell you what happened to their parents and how it all ended up like that.
The information will come, can't have all the information in the very first chapter =] Plenty of time to reveal things

Reactions: GrammerCop
4.80 star(s) 9 Votes