VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
The more incest the better IMO.
Having said that, there are incest games with bad plots; they just make an incest theme but with poor, lazy writing.
All incest stories are not the same.
Yeah, I wish there were more incest games with deeper plots and better setting than the usual "guy's ordinary life going to school/work who pervs on his family in his spare time".

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I have no idea how you did it, but you managed to make a game where the two main girl get naked at the beginning and I was disappointed at the end of it... I can't really say that you made any kind of plot introduction in the game. At least not anything past the what your description of the game told us. It's hard to get invested in a game when the actual meat of the plot isn't present in a first pass. It would be one thing if it was just seducing the sisters, but with Piper being in the game, it's clear there's something else that's going to happen that will be the main plot.

So just having the character introductions, a few nude scenes and not much else was kinda..... meh? I guess we'll see what you do with Chapter 2.

I've said it before lately, and it still holds true. The fact that no one can see to get through 1 whole day of time in a first release lately is really depressing.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
No I did just I'm surprised cause I was looking forward to the next update an I stumbled onto this by random chance lol
Ah lol Yeah, this reboot is just a lot more in the direction I want to go so please give it a chance!

I have no idea how you did it, but you managed to make a game where the two main girl get naked at the beginning and I was disappointed at the end of it... I can't really say that you made any kind of plot introduction in the game. At least not anything past the what your description of the game told us. It's hard to get invested in a game when the actual meat of the plot isn't present in a first pass. It would be one thing if it was just seducing the sisters, but with Piper being in the game, it's clear there's something else that's going to happen that will be the main plot.

So just having the character introductions, a few nude scenes and not much else was kinda..... meh? I guess we'll see what you do with Chapter 2.

I've said it before lately, and it still holds true. The fact that no one can see to get through 1 whole day of time in a first release lately is really depressing.
The first chapter was about character introduction and the next chapter will dive into the plot. As for not being able to get through a full day, as long as you told the story you wanted and what you are trying to get out, what is so important about finishing the day?

I wanted to introduce the characters and their situation, and it did not require a full day unless you want to see them have dinner too lol

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
The first chapter was about character introduction and the next chapter will dive into the plot. As for not being able to get through a full day, as long as you told the story you wanted and what you are trying to get out, what is so important about finishing the day?

I wanted to introduce the characters and their situation, and it did not require a full day unless you want to see them have dinner too lol
The point I'm trying to make is, there is a trend lately to cut off releases in awkward spots that don't make a lot of sense. End of days at least give a sense of closure to a time frame within the game world. But cutting off in the middle of events or without a cliffhanger that makes sense, makes the reader/player feel like it's a drop off point. It's like if you were listening to someone read you a story and then in the middle of a chapter they closed the book and said "Well, I'm done for now."

It's not just you either, it's a lot of games lately. They just cut off wherever they want to stop writing, screw keeping their world feeling like a living thing. There was one game I played where it cut off right before the MC was about to go to class at school on his first day. Like, really? You cut off there? Why? Get to the next release and there was no big reason why, it just started up like the dev decided they had wrote enough for the first one and picked up right again for the second one. Another game I watch has a Dev who likes to cut things in the middle of events. The main plot event of the release. Just right in the middle of it. No cliffhanger, just "End of version".

It makes it annoying to play games like this that go on individual updates, when the story can just stop whenever the writer thinks it's enough, even if it doesn't make sense to the story world.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
The point I'm trying to make is, there is a trend lately to cut off releases in awkward spots that don't make a lot of sense. End of days at least give a sense of closure to a time frame within the game world. But cutting off in the middle of events or without a cliffhanger that makes sense, makes the reader/player feel like it's a drop off point. It's like if you were listening to someone read you a story and then in the middle of a chapter they closed the book and said "Well, I'm done for now."

It's not just you either, it's a lot of games lately. They just cut off wherever they want to stop writing, screw keeping their world feeling like a living thing. There was one game I played where it cut off right before the MC was about to go to class at school on his first day. Like, really? You cut off there? Why? Get to the next release and there was no big reason why, it just started up like the dev decided they had wrote enough for the first one and picked up right again for the second one. Another game I watch has a Dev who likes to cut things in the middle of events. The main plot event of the release. Just right in the middle of it. No cliffhanger, just "End of version".

It makes it annoying to play games like this that go on individual updates, when the story can just stop whenever the writer thinks it's enough, even if it doesn't make sense to the story world.
I can't speak for other developers, but the entire point of my first chapter was to introduce the characters and make you care about them, or at least give you insight into their situation and everyday lives.

Diving right into the plot where it's going to get pretty crazy would have been a mistake because you wouldn't get a sense of who the characters are before they are thrown what is going to be a very involved plot.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I can't speak for other developers, but the entire point of my first chapter was to introduce the characters and make you care about them, or at least give you insight into their situation and everyday lives.

Diving right into the plot where it's going to get pretty crazy would have been a mistake because you wouldn't get a sense of who the characters are before they are thrown what is going to be a very involved plot.
TBH I can see both sides of this argument. Too often on reason new releases there have been moments where we are finally getting our grips on the characters, plot, backstory and then the game ends in the middle of (let's see) a trip to the beach, a date, etc. With most developers update schedule of 3-6 months that means that a game that may have started to hook us ends abruptly and we have to wait for quite a long time for an update. It's not a great way to get players to support them.

On the other hand, I can see wanting to end after you've shared what you wanted the players to know. We met the characters, we learned about the main plot or motivation, we maybe see some character development and then it ends with us hopefully wanting more. The first update functioning as a tease but not delving too deeply into the "meat" of the game.

Overall I think that if SuperWriter was an unknown quantity, this was everyone's first experience of the game and his writing, it may have come off as an unfinished or abrupt stopping point. So many new developers are doing that right now. I know of at least one developer who has been altering the original release because of the abruptness of the stop. However, SW has enough of a positive reputation that we can wait for the next update before we really start to judge the game. Personally I am beginning to think that we should avoid judging games on 1-2 updates alone. So many end up being better than the initial rough start.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HansDampf788

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
TBH I can see both sides of this argument. Too often on reason new releases there have been moments where we are finally getting our grips on the characters, plot, backstory and then the game ends in the middle of (let's see) a trip to the beach, a date, etc. With most developers update schedule of 3-6 months that means that a game that may have started to hook us ends abruptly and we have to wait for quite a long time for an update. It's not a great way to get players to support them.

On the other hand, I can see wanting to end after you've shared what you wanted the players to know. We met the characters, we learned about the main plot or motivation, we maybe see some character development and then it ends with us hopefully wanting more. The first update functioning as a tease but not delving too deeply into the "meat" of the game.

Overall I think that if SuperWriter was an unknown quantity, this was everyone's first experience of the game and his writing, it may have come off as an unfinished or abrupt stopping point. So many new developers are doing that right now. I know of at least one developer who has been altering the original release because of the abruptness of the stop. However, SW has enough of a positive reputation that we can wait for the next update before we really start to judge the game. Personally I am beginning to think that we should avoid judging games on 1-2 updates alone. So many end up being better than the initial rough start.
That's the thing about a game in development, right? You are not seeing the full product. These games are very much in progress, so that's kind of what you have to swallow when you are playing in complete games and have to wait each month for an update or however long it takes.

Though I always plan out each update. This update was about the introductions, period. I did not want to jump into the plot within the first 20 minutes. PLENTY more to come

Reactions: MrFriendly

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
its not bad but, i dont get the incest tag or the sci-fi tag. did i miss a scene where two family members have sexual contact with intent? i only see a shower scene where washing was happening. a real stretch to call that incest.
nor did i see anything remotely sci-fi

im all for advertising but the tags are for current content, there's a whole OP and feed for that other own trumpet blowing

that being said, its a short intro so its way to early to know if anything interesting will evolve but the renders are solid enough so the V is fine. hopefully the N will be at least as good

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes