HentardDivine

Feb 4, 2024
Does this game have some kind of guide? Because the wiki in the opening post seems to care only about getting sex scenes, and I'm having trouble figuring out the gameplay loop.

According to the changelog, they added ability to actually sail. I haven't tried it yet.
Sailing works, pretty well actually. Although, the wind doesn't change fast at all, only really quick once you dock and set sail again. You pick up some pretty neat stuff while sailing too.

Glowing dyes, clothes, statues that I keep out of a personal hoarding habit.

Pretty sure once they get the game developed enough, they'll allow some neat ship-on-ship combat, and change it to tune-view once either ship has boarded each other.

Can't wait actually to see what they do with it. I just personally hope they don't go down some vanimate route and turn this game into a sheer cash-grab... cuz its actually one of the few furry games that isn't complete trash.

Even the character creation is dope, like I haven't seen any game with this level of tunage that wasn't just a fapbox simulator.

Getting ahead of myself, this kinda hope dies.

Edit: Forgot to mention, no... it does not have a very good guide, the menu shows controls and thats about it.

Just read the dialogue carefully and you should be fine, explore while you're at it too. You'll need to memorize landmarks so you know where you're going.

Reactions: flannan

XxDarkLord15xX

Jun 9, 2018
What do I do if I have Paul floating in the air in the beginning of the game? I'm assuming he is suppose to be sitting down on something. Also, it goes all wacky/glitchy every time I try walking down to the lower decks of the ship. I know it is most likely because I am trying to play it on a macbook air m2 but if anyone knows of a fix using that model lmk lol

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
HuntAndSnare-R33c
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Reactions: kenshinhimura

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
is the player forced to play as a furry ???
Yes. There are 3 main race options when creating a character: dog-person, cat-person and lizard-person. With a few subraces for dogs and cats.

Edit: Forgot to mention, no... it does not have a very good guide, the menu shows controls and thats about it.

Just read the dialogue carefully and you should be fine, explore while you're at it too. You'll need to memorize landmarks so you know where you're going.
Turns out, Steam has a few guides for this game. Can't say I found exactly what I've been looking for, but this is better.

Reactions: rKnight

DADDDAAA

Jan 6, 2018
Also, adding live rounds and pirates to islands so that being told "Don't Die" everytime I end a conversation with whats-her-name actually means something.
There's no need for pirates and the sort. I mean you are hunting "ferals". Have them roam in packs and implement a fighting system. Make it so hunting them in groups is extremely dangerous while going after strays is preferable.

beryn

May 8, 2017
How are you supposed to pay for the rope and lumber?
And are you really supposed to just run for 5 minutes to get to the lumber mill...

And there are no option to save the game, so you have to run 5 minutes back to save and then back again or just hope things work out.
After 500 lines of dialogue, you are placed back in Kirhaal, so you again can run for 5 minutes back to the lumber mill...

Talking with Fenry on the ship, he tells me that I need 2500 gold to be able to pay for the rope and lumber, but you have no money and no way of getting any...
What are you supposed to do?

Last edited:

Ragney

Jan 4, 2019
How are you supposed to pay for the rope and lumber?
And are you really supposed to just run for 5 minutes to get to the lumber mill...
Yeah... :(
And there are no option to save the game, so you have to run 5 minutes back to save and then back again or just hope things work out.
After 500 lines of dialogue, you are placed back in Kirhaal, so you again can run for 5 minutes back to the lumber mill...
I think f5 quick save works wherever you are

Talking with Fenry on the ship, he tells me that I need 2500 gold to be able to pay for the rope and lumber, but you have no money and no way of getting any...
What are you supposed to do?
easiest thing is to look around for treasure chests honestly, stumbling across one is like 1-3k gold after you sell stuff in it, I think there used to be a map of where they are idk if its still accurate

beryn

May 8, 2017
Yeah... :(

I think f5 quick save works wherever you are

easiest thing is to look around for treasure chests honestly, stumbling across one is like 1-3k gold after you sell stuff in it, I think there used to be a map of where they are idk if its still accurate
Been running around Kirhaal for the last close to 30 minutes and haven't found a single one.
There are only a map of another island and a 4 year old map of the island you start on, but it is impossible to find anything from that.

I have found a trash barrel but that was full of unsellable items.
It has also been night for the last hour or so, so I have no idea how I'm supposed to sell anything if I find something.

Edit: tried searching again and found a map of Kirhaal that was usable.
Found every chest and is now on 1828 gold, far from what I need and so I have no way of continuing the game.

Last edited:

beryn

May 8, 2017
Sailing works, pretty well actually. Although, the wind doesn't change fast at all, only really quick once you dock and set sail again. You pick up some pretty neat stuff while sailing too.

Glowing dyes, clothes, statues that I keep out of a personal hoarding habit.

Pretty sure once they get the game developed enough, they'll allow some neat ship-on-ship combat, and change it to tune-view once either ship has boarded each other.

Can't wait actually to see what they do with it. I just personally hope they don't go down some vanimate route and turn this game into a sheer cash-grab... cuz its actually one of the few furry games that isn't complete trash.

Even the character creation is dope, like I haven't seen any game with this level of tunage that wasn't just a fapbox simulator.

Getting ahead of myself, this kinda hope dies.

How do you get to sailing?
I'm stuck with the rope and lumber quest.
I have looted everything in and around Kirhaal and is at 1828 gold.
There are no way of making more money.

Thought I might need to capture some of the wild npc's and maybe sell them.
But you can't capture them, game states you need to press E to capture, but nothing happens.

Last edited:

edwardQjones

Mar 6, 2024
I agree with your general sentiment, but I would dispute some minor details.

The vertical restrictions are understandable - it's much easier to setup sex animations if every character's pelvis is the same distance away from the ground. I would appreciate the ability to adjust leg length, but I recognize that it would increase development complexity and provide only a minor benefit to players.

However, the character-creation GUI is still needlessly restrictive. Uncapping the sliders shows that the game is quite capable of handling blend values outside the standard range.

snare.jpg

Of course, I expect to see a lot of clipping if I tried to playtest this character as-is. Extensive adjustment of limbs or genitals would probably break some scenes. But ears and whiskers? If you're going to let players customize head parameters, then there's no reason to enfore strict limits on those numbers.

I also don't understand why the game prevents players from editing a saved character. The dev provides a rich character creation UX, invites players to spend time customizing their characters, and even gives us a handy tool for sharing character codes. But if the player subsequently notices a minor problem (such as "oops! I misspelled my character's surname") then they're forced to discard all of their work and start over. Some mistakes can be repaired with careful hex editing, and it's possible to remove the no-editing restriction via modding ... but as an intentional design decision it's simply baffling.

nemecsek ernő

Aug 27, 2021

But you can't capture them, game states you need to press E to capture, but nothing happens.
I'm not sure why you can't capture them. It works on r32c, but to test r33 I would need the Linux build.

You can save by talking to the cabin paw, who handles your logbook.

This is the map with the places and containers I could find:
Hunt and Snare 2.png
Red - containers
Green - geography markers, statue, admiral's hat
Yellow - trash bins

Last edited:

beryn

May 8, 2017
I'm not sure why you can't capture them. It works on r32c, but to test r33 I would need the Linux build.

You can save by talking to the cabin paw, who handles your logbook.

This is the map with the places and containers I could find:
View attachment 3671463
Red - containers
Green - geography markers, statue, admiral's hat
Yellow - trash bins
The hunting I read at the main menu/options menu.
The game at no point introduces hunting, so I don't know if there are anything I need to bring or do other than get close to them and press E.
Juin talks about curing wild ones and getting guild drakes, but other than that Sterling says happy hunting and that Tiamathi will give you tranquilizers but you don't get any.
I haven't found anything else regarding hunting and what you need to do.
And no mention at all about how you are supposed to make money.

There is one thing from the journal about a black market vendor near the waterfront during the night, but there isn't anyone there.
As it turned day again without finding him, it has never turned back to night and there are no way to skip time.
Trying to sleep you just say that you aren't tired enough.
So I have been standing for the last hour or so, without anything to do.

What the **** is this.

Last edited:

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
The hunting I read at the main menu/options menu.
The game at no point introduces hunting, so I don't know if there are anything I need to bring or do other than get close to them and press E.
Juin talks about curing wild ones and getting guild drakes, but other than that Sterling says happy hunting and that Tiamathi will give you tranquilizers but you don't get any.
I haven't found anything else regarding hunting and what you need to do.
And no mention at all about how you are supposed to make money.

There is one thing from the journal about a black market vendor near the waterfront during the night, but there isn't anyone there.
As it turned day again without finding him, it has never turned back to night and there are no way to skip time.
Trying to sleep you just say that you aren't tired enough.
So I have been standing for the last hour or so, without anything to do.

What the **** is this.
I also feel there should be somebody to introduce hunting to you. Or at least explain why you're doing it.
I've only played version 33c, so here is what I figured out.
You need to:
1) Get a gun from the gunsmith.
2) Grab ammo from the table in front of gunsmith's apprentice. Yes, she just silently put the ammo where you can grab it. No ownership/stealing rules in this game.
3) Equip the gun and the ammo from your inventory.
4) Go outside the city, looking for some wild breeds.
5) Press Q to ready your weapon. (took me a while to figure it out, most games have it mapped to a different button)
6) Sneak up (Ctrl to sneak).
7) Hold right button to aim, press left button to shoot. Despite being tranquilizer rifle, gun sounds like it is a blackpowder firearm and will spook everybody.
8) When the wild breed falls, walk up to them and press E.
9) Now the wild breed is your follower. You can sex them against a nearby tree, you can make them part of the ship's crew, or you can sell them for "guild coins". There is no slave market, you just talk to them and choose the option to receive the reward.
10) According to guides, there should be a black market currency exchange that will turn guild coins into real money, so you can finally buy yourself some pants.

Reactions: CeeZy

beryn

May 8, 2017
I also feel there should be somebody to introduce hunting to you. Or at least explain why you're doing it.
I've only played version 33c, so here is what I figured out.
You need to:
1) Get a gun from the gunsmith.
2) Grab ammo from the table in front of gunsmith's apprentice. Yes, she just silently put the ammo where you can grab it. No ownership/stealing rules in this game.
3) Equip the gun and the ammo from your inventory.
4) Go outside the city, looking for some wild breeds.
5) Press Q to ready your weapon. (took me a while to figure it out, most games have it mapped to a different button)
6) Sneak up (Ctrl to sneak).
7) Hold right button to aim, press left button to shoot. Despite being tranquilizer rifle, gun sounds like it is a blackpowder firearm and will spook everybody.
8) When the wild breed falls, walk up to them and press E.
9) Now the wild breed is your follower. You can sex them against a nearby tree, you can make them part of the ship's crew, or you can sell them for "guild coins". There is no slave market, you just talk to them and choose the option to receive the reward.
10) According to guides, there should be a black market currency exchange that will turn guild coins into real money, so you can finally buy yourself some pants.
Well it all seems irrelevant.
Just to get enough drakes to pay for the rope and lumber you have to hunt down 81 wild breed.
I have gotten 1800 drakes from the chests in Kirhaal and there are no other way of earning drakes.
That leaves me with hunting down 23, possible but extremely boring and at best you catch one every 5 minutes, so that is an hour doing nothing but hunting.

As there are no way to skip time I might again have to wait around an hour real time for black market to open with nothing to do but let the game run.
That is just not for me, so while I had hoped this game would be fun, it is THE WORST thing I have played in a long time.

I have found no redeeming features at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: vallies

Supaguts

Mar 22, 2024

Weird, I managed to capture and sell off a bunch of wild to get drakes. I had so many of them by the time I figured out how and where to exchange them that I was easily able to afford the lumber and rope quests. I don't recall having such an issue during my initial playthrough on R32, and I still managed to capture and turn in wild on r33 on my one test run. But I am playing on Windows in case maybe it's an OS issue. As an aside, you may have already found this out, but if you don't want to buy ammo, it'll sometimes just spawn in at your crew's shore camp. I found that out during my most recent session.

You're not missing out on too much being stuck on the 1st island though. I've explored the other islands in the game so far and the 1st one is by far the most developed in the game. The sunken island is the only other map in the game with quests currently IIRC, but tbh right now I don't think it's really worth the dedicated effort to complete the ship preparation quests to leave the island at this point in development. The maps are cool, but there's hardly anything on most of them right now.

Reactions: flannan

beryn

May 8, 2017
Weird, I managed to capture and sell off a bunch of wild to get drakes. I had so many of them by the time I figured out how and where to exchange them that I was easily able to afford the lumber and rope quests. I don't recall having such an issue during my initial playthrough on R32, and I still managed to capture and turn in wild on r33 on my one test run. But I am playing on Windows in case maybe it's an OS issue. As an aside, you may have already found this out, but if you don't want to buy ammo, it'll sometimes just spawn in at your crew's shore camp. I found that out during my most recent session.

You're not missing out on too much being stuck on the 1st island though. I've explored the other islands in the game so far and the 1st one is by far the most developed in the game. The sunken island is the only other map in the game with quests currently IIRC, but tbh right now I don't think it's really worth the dedicated effort to complete the ship preparation quests to leave the island at this point in development. The maps are cool, but there's hardly anything on most of them right now.
You need to shoot them to capture them, that is not what I read when searching here and there really isn't any information regarding hunting in general in the game so you have to just guess.
I sneaked up on them as I read I could here, and that didn't work.
You get 3 guild drakes per wild one you capture, that is a max of 31 drakes after the cost of the ammo if you get it in one shot.
Playing on windows as well.
I can't find anything else to do in the game other than finishing the ship quest, so though I needed that to do anything else.
I can talk with the npc's but that really doesn't lead anywhere other than a lot of dialogue.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 22 Votes