Hunter MC

Aug 29, 2020
It's in the Gym and the Bookstore where I can only talk to the guy or Brenda
I did fix that problem in 0.4.3.3b (at least it doesn't appear here on my end). Have you loaded a savegame? If yes, could you try if starting a new game fixes it?

WolfVG

Feb 3, 2021
I'm not if it's working but I can't get Andrea to fall in love with me and I tried to go to her apartment but it wouldn't let me do anything because it said she wasn't in but she was

WolfVG

Feb 3, 2021
I can't seem to do the next part of the female childhood friend's story as the game bugged out so it won't let me do the next part

Oct 29, 2017
As far as I know the main problem with performance is the amount of variables in the game history. Due to how the sugarcube engine is built it clones every variable for each step in history, so the more variables you have, the longer it takes to load. The javascript functions should not really contribute to that, since they are loaded once in the beginning of the game. It is possible that one or more functions are broken and loop infinitely, but I haven't found anything in my code that would do that (although I'm far from an expert myself). I have removed a totally redundant (and based on my idiocy) doubling of all the npc and all the location variables in the new version, so that should improve it.
I have the same issue with exceedingly long loading times when playing a longer session of "The Company", so I'm inclined to think that it is related to sugarcube (but I'm not sure).
Yeah I remember the performance of The Company getting ridiculous. Just looked at their code and it uses the same variable declaration (which is the premade constructor if I'm not mistaken) as you. But for example Free Cities, which is unbelievably huge, in terms of the html file at least, and I assume has tons and tons of variables but has a much better performance. It does get a bit slower but the main problem there is more that the saves exceed size limits and either you can't save at all or you increase the limit but then the save gets corrupted sometimes. Just based on that and that I don't have this problem with The Company or your game I assume there might be something else going on other than just number of variables. Also this history in sugarcube should have a natural limit and you can change how many steps it actually saves can't you? Or does it save even more than the states needed for rollback?

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I am playing this from the beginning as it would not allow me to use a save file. I have gotten everybody except for Brian and Jasmin. When I go to talk with Jasmin, I keep getting an error and her progress cannot proceed past asking the first question, which just repeats. Here is what I got from pressing F12:

Uncaught Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Unexpected token '.'
at Function.value (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:7934)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:7936)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:7935)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:7932)
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:7932)
at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:59)
at HTMLAnchorElement.v.handle (Hunters Harem 0.4.3.3b.html:59)
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for file:///D:/adult/Hunters_Harem_0.4.2g/Hunters%20Harem%200.4.2d/es6-shim.map: System error: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Hunter MC

Aug 29, 2020
Yeah I remember the performance of The Company getting ridiculous. Just looked at their code and it uses the same variable declaration (which is the premade constructor if I'm not mistaken) as you. But for example Free Cities, which is unbelievably huge, in terms of the html file at least, and I assume has tons and tons of variables but has a much better performance. It does get a bit slower but the main problem there is more that the saves exceed size limits and either you can't save at all or you increase the limit but then the save gets corrupted sometimes. Just based on that and that I don't have this problem with The Company or your game I assume there might be something else going on other than just number of variables. Also this history in sugarcube should have a natural limit and you can change how many steps it actually saves can't you? Or does it save even more than the states needed for rollback?
My knowledge of the internal workings of sugarcube and browsers (and their interaction) is not good enough to pinpoint the problem. I'm really not sure where it comes from, but refreshing the tab seems to reset the slow down.

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
its just me or the game runs kinda slow sometimes... also there isnt a way to know how much progress you have on a character or level of your spells? since always give me the option to "send mana" and i do it already 20 times and no option happens... its kinda hard to understand the follow up route to progress with characters... anyone have other opinion? maybe im doing something wrong?

Hunter MC

Aug 29, 2020
its just me or the game runs kinda slow sometimes... also there isnt a way to know how much progress you have on a character or level of your spells? since always give me the option to "send mana" and i do it already 20 times and no option happens... its kinda hard to understand the follow up route to progress with characters... anyone have other opinion? maybe im doing something wrong?
You need to improve your spellpower to reduce the amount of times you need to force mana into the npcs. You can do that in the magic book under practical applications. Buy books in the bookstore to reduce the time neccessary to study. You can see your spellpower under options->stats. In the same stats window, under npcs you can see the progress variable, which tracks how much mana you have put into them. Most enchantment levels cost between 5 for early ones up to 50 for some final enslavements.
Most characters are linear, Lucy has a lot of options that unlock when certain conditions (other options) are met, Christina has a mutually exclusive capstone enchantment and Brenda has lots of small enchantments. You can look in the journal under hints and tips for help with some of the npcs (although I haven't updated that in a while). The entry has a little more detailled guide under the walkthrough tab.

velass

Jul 23, 2019
some problems with Christina,Igot promotion and she trust me but nothing else cant do with she.

3.40 star(s) 17 Votes