VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
as much as I want to finish the game. I can't play it though till the end.
I'm stuck a couple of times from the map (mostly) and other places. save & reload works on certain progress on the game. after that, I stuck forever. maybe I should wait for several updates to play it again.

overall, this game are nice. lots of petites in one game, that is rare. but still expecting more variety in size and age too.

Reactions: Akuniz

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
as much as I want to finish the game. I can't play it though till the end.
I'm stuck a couple of times from the map (mostly) and other places. save & reload works on certain progress on the game. after that, I stuck forever. maybe I should wait for several updates to play it again.

overall, this game are nice. lots of petites in one game, that is rare. but still expecting more variety in size and age too.
Did you download this latest version?

And where are you stuck ?

Reactions: LoganJ

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
UncleVT here is the mac and android versions.

Anyone else reading. Both are untested. the mac versions have been tested in the past with no issues. The android one does play on my phone, however, I have only played it for 5 minutes, I have not got the time. I have to recode how the videos play so I only hope I have it right. Next release I am changing how I do it so it's easier for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoganJ and UncleVT

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Unlike as i advised before, the game is still going without options, always 1 direction. its cool and i like it but a option... think i told you i PM. well as i also said, do what you feel right for your project. as in sandbox cuz you got alot to make with it.

that miniplay... ok its cool i didnt noticeded but it was a good adding lol, was funny
Well, as far a I have experienced, the dev doesn’t take any advice :D. Not that I want to give any. I am sure he knows best how the story should go.
So, there are basically two choices in the game: play it or don’t play it. Since I get stressed when there are too many options, this game is just about what I can handle :D.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I get the options thing, from a dev point it's hard to implement, like it's doable but hard as in extra work. From a me point of view its really hard, I get confuddled easy, it's just the easiest thing for me to stay within my boundaries, I make all the models and skins myself, I like to think that is my strength. Not saying I shouldn't push my boundries, but it still has to work.

From a player point of view, I personally get annoyed by what seems pointless options. I tried one game recently and there was a knock at the door, do you want to open the door or yell who is it came up, that annoys me. Different horses for different courses I know, but every dev makes a game primally they like or they wouldn't make it. If everyone hated it naturally I would change it, but a lot of ppl seem to like it so if I did change anything to please some I'd annoy others, same with any dev in any game.

As it progresses so will options as I get better (hopefully) at it and current players who like it will come along for the ride, but it will never be options for the sake of options as for the few there are the dialogue at least is different, which just doubles the work, and it's just me.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I agree to what you say about pointless options. Rather a good, linear story than a jungle of options. I've seen too many devs loosing track themselves in their ever branching stories.
Some people don't realise this is your first game and you're doing it all alone. If your proof reader gets ill, your update doesn't get proof read or it gets delayed.
As players we should accept that no game is 100% to our liking. That might even be the case if we were developing it ourselves :D.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Tbh, I would probably like it just as much if there were more choices in the game. But I like to focus on the things I like rather than the things I don’t.

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
lately you get a sort of choise in the afternoons wich girl you visit . I know it is not realy a path but it gives the illusion of a free will . When you get something like that with the map too (to choose a destination) you get without enlarging the workload an idea of finding your own route .

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
lately you get a sort of choise in the afternoons wich girl you visit . I know it is not realy a path but it gives the illusion of a free will . When you get something like that with the map too (to choose a destination) you get without enlarging the workload an idea of finding your own route .
That would not necessarily be an improvement. I hate those games where you can visit every location without anything happening there, while you miss events when you’re not in the right place at the right moment. Too many of those, unplayable without a walkthrough.

Reactions: Rokohn

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
When you start and after you met the 2 girls the waitress tells you "welcome to the de la blace hostel" ... and after that you still search for the hostel ... I think that should be "cafe" right?

And its a bit strange that you meet all these ppl at the start. Especially that drug/pimp guy ... "hey stranger! i am the local drug dealer and pimp. So talk to me!" ... uhm yeah .. no. ^^

But why make a "sandboxy" game when there are no options ... then just make a VN and avoid all that movement bullshit.

The girls looked fine, but as soon as that movement crap started I lost interest. There is no point in having this in 99% of the games and in this the dev doesnt even try to hide that fact. I think the effort would be better put in some branching (not to much and/or complex) instead of all that "sandbox" (they are all no sandboxes at all) stuff.

Speedy175

Jun 14, 2018
I'm totally blown away, not just by the story, wich I find both funny and very different, but also the characters, who seem very authentic and natural, almost photorealistic.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming chapters

Reactions: Rico Caramba

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
When you start and after you met the 2 girls the waitress tells you "welcome to the de la blace hostel" ... and after that you still search for the hostel ... I think that should be "cafe" right?

And its a bit strange that you meet all these ppl at the start. Especially that drug/pimp guy ... "hey stranger! i am the local drug dealer and pimp. So talk to me!" ... uhm yeah .. no. ^^

But why make a "sandboxy" game when there are no options ... then just make a VN and avoid all that movement bullshit.

The girls looked fine, but as soon as that movement crap started I lost interest. There is no point in having this in 99% of the games and in this the dev doesnt even try to hide that fact. I think the effort would be better put in some branching (not to much and/or complex) instead of all that "sandbox" (they are all no sandboxes at all) stuff.
This is not a sandbox game at all! The story is pretty linear. Walking around town to meet the girls is what the story is largly about. It is always perfectly clear where to go next. I don't understand what your complaint is about.

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
Did you download this latest version?

And where are you stuck ?
yes, I'm playing with the latest version (0.51). but sorry, I have deleted the folder and the zipped file. I just wanna share my exp atm, not trying hard to play it to the ending of this version. It's kinda stressed me out to have the same problem in different places. no error message or anything. just stuck there as if my mouse click didn't works. sorry, can't give you more info than above. but I'll comeback later for future update.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes