VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
jadebarrow3.jpg

How many decades before devs at Daz Studio find a way to fix this crap?? How hard could it be? It would be a whole different world..

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I think he was referring to the alien-looking right hand in Jade's image.

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
I hope you're not calling Jade crap because she is in a wheel barrow:oops:.
lol, no - i meant the jeans shorts. I am very new to Daz Studio, but I think that's a big flaw any material to stretch like a condom in idiotic directions ...unless there's already a fix for it that I don't know about.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
lol, no - i meant the jeans shorts. I am very new to Daz Studio, but I think that's a big flaw any material to stretch like a condom in idiotic directions ...unless there's already a fix for it that I don't know about.
I have seen shit far, far worse than this. That includes many of the pics I made myself.

I am sure there are many fixes you and I don't know about. Sometimes the question is, how much time and effort do you want to put into details like this. The more I learn about Daz Studio, the more I realize I don't know. There are so many possibilities, inside and outside Daz. But what if it takes several hours to create a specific effect or to fix a flaw in one pic? Say you need somewhere between 200 and 300 pics per episode - plus a few animations, do the writing and coding. And say you want to publish one episode every month. Then you decide that good enough is good enough.

I would call this pic good enough. Actually, my mind is so dirty, I didn't notice the shorts at all until you mentioned them :rolleyes:.

Reactions: Jestur

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
I have seen shit far, far worse than this. That includes many of the pics I made myself.

I am sure there are many fixes you and I don't know about. Sometimes the question is, how much time and effort do you want to put into details like this. The more I learn about Daz Studio, the more I realize I don't know. There are so many possibilities, inside and outside Daz. But what if it takes several hours to create a specific effect or to fix a flaw in one pic? Say you need somewhere between 200 and 300 pics per episode - plus a few animations, do the writing and coding. And say you want to publish one episode every month. Then you decide that good enough is good enough.

I would call this pic good enough. Actually, my mind is so dirty, I didn't notice the shorts at all until you mentioned them :rolleyes:.
I have no problem with the picture quality at all, this dev is great and the game has great renders. My problem is with Daz - we should not have to read or watch videos how to work around this obvious problem, install additional plugins, run additional scripts and spend hours for something so simple. With its thousands of options and tools it doesn't make sense to me me why there's no a simple button "fix-damn-shorts-because-they-are-not-made-of-condoms-and-are-not-superglued-to-the-person's-thigh-bitch!" - click - done :) see? so simple :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
..there is charm in realism ;)

Last edited:

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I have no problem with the picture quality at all, this dev is great and the game has great renders. My problem is with Daz - we should not have to read or watch videos how to work around this obvious problem, install additional plugins, run additional scripts and spend hours for something so simple. With its thousands of options and tools it doesn't make sense to me me why there's no a simple button "fix-damn-shorts-because-they-are-not-made-of-condoms-and-are-not-superglued-to-the-person's-thigh-bitch!" - click - done :) see? so simple :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
..there is charm in realism ;)
I say amen to that.

Reactions: heretic1

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I just played through the Game (EP11) and honestly in my opinion its not as good as the comments and rating say it is.
At this point the best thing about it are the models but thats about it.

- Story started interesting
- the lesbian thing with the girls is a bit much at this point
- not realy a visual novel because not enough choises
- freeroam/openworld not necessery most of the time only one option available
- it feels like you are just dragged around by the girls

- some of the scenes where i would have like to see animations sadly didn't have any

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
There is a Persistent file in both the game save folder and appdata, you need to delete them both.

In the appdata one there is a folder called Concubine and ConcubineCounty as well a hustle town, you need to delete the persistent all three.

Both you and the other user in discord both mentioned steam, that's the only reason I can think of why this is happening.
So I tried to delete the Persistent file in the games\save folder and the roaming\renpy\ConcubineCounty folder.
But no cigar. The week starts with Mikyala stepping in dog shit again :) So like groundhog week. Except I can not proceed past Monday as I can not visit anyone in the evening.

Is there more story left? Or should the game just have ended there (So I completed the week that starts with Mikyala stepping in something) End visited everyone in the evenings and had sex with Mai, had meeting about plan. Told Jade's plan to Nikki and then next morning. She steps into somehing.

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
So I tried to delete the Persistent file in the games\save folder and the roaming\renpy\ConcubineCounty folder.
But no cigar. The week starts with Mikyala stepping in dog shit again :) So like groundhog week. Except I can not proceed past Monday as I can not visit anyone in the evening.

Is there more story left? Or should the game just have ended there (So I completed the week that starts with Mikyala stepping in something) End visited everyone in the evenings and had sex with Mai, had meeting about plan. Told Jade's plan to Nikki and then next morning. She steps into somehing.
Something has fucked up for the minority of ppl and I don't know why. I have a code I can hack into the interface and give you a simple script file to replace. I dunno if it will fix tough. I am just waiting on some advice on how to put the code in the game so you can click on it. I'll tag you when I find out. I am sorry for the fuck around.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Something has fucked up for the minority of ppl and I don't know why. I have a code I can hack into the interface and give you a simple script file to replace. I dunno if it will fix tough. I am just waiting on some advice on how to put the code in the game so you can click on it. I'll tag you when I find out. I am sorry for the fuck around.
No worries...Love your game btw.

You can send me a script file or just tell me what and where to edit what in what script file. Not a Renpy expert, but I'm able to resolve small issues bug in the script files.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
No worries...Love your game btw.

You can send me a script file or just tell me what and where to edit what in what script file. Not a Renpy expert, but I'm able to resolve small issues bug in the script files.
Put this in Hustletown/game folder and let it overwrite (make sure its named screens.rpy, the forum changes it from memory) and you will see clear next to Prefs at the bottom.
View attachment screens.rpy
Or if you prefer, if you want to edit it yourself, open the screens.rpy up and on line 276 you will see
textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')
I just put this under it so it shows next to it
textbutton _("Clear") action Function(persistent._clear)

I clicked it and nothing broke, but have no way of telling if it fixes anything.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Put this in Hustletown/game folder and let it overwrite (make sure its named screens.rpy, the forum changes it from memory) and you will see clear next to Prefs at the bottom.
View attachment 661814
Or if you prefer, if you want to edit it yourself, open the screens.rpy up and on line 276 you will see
textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')
I just put this under it so it shows next to it
textbutton _("Clear") action Function(persistent._clear)

I clicked it and nothing broke, but have no way of telling if it fixes anything.
Thanks, will try it a bit later. Not on the correct PC at the moment.

Reactions: mickydoo

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Is it just me who thinks this jumping from one girl to the next for three to four lines, usually riddled with insults, is becoming a bit tedious?

Also, constantly being shat upon verbally by the girls isn't exactly as much fun for me as some might think or feel, used to be it was just two or three, but now every single girl seems to be into insulting the MC, even Mikayla who used to be pretty sweet.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would actually prefer if the girls where just a bit LESS into each other and instead a bit MORE into the MC. Right now you constantly feel like a third wheel.

It's just my personal taste, I don't make demands or anything, wouldn't presume that much, but I do think the game actually has changed in all the points I mention, from length of visit with each girl and their meaningfulness in regards to... anything really, over how verbally abusive and insulting the girls are (mind you, it's not like I care much if this happened from Time to Time, it's over-exposure that makes it a bit hard to swallow).

Technically, it would be great if muting all sound would also mute girl moans and sex sounds, that exactly these are playing when you mute sound completely, is really counterproductive.

Sorry for the criticism, still like your game, but thought honest input would be appreciated.

rocopc

Feb 27, 2019
I play this game before and it was rough but fun to play it.... but this last two updates are full of bugs and walls in the progresion of the game or geting stuck in a loop that make the game unplayable..... its really a shame

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes