VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The girl looks gorgeous. can you give an overview of what game will be all about?
You are a Private Detective, you had just finished law school and were working for (the DEA maybe) and got booted and disbarred for having a sexual relationship with a witness. An old friend runs a Private detective agency and you went and worked for him, discovered you were quite good at and enjoyed it and branched out on your own. Then one day the DEA calls you and offers you a proposition. They will pay you as a Private Detective to go to this small town and just do nothing except wait and see if this female crime boss shows up in the port there. Why they want her and why they contacted you is a mystery.

On your first day of what you believe is doing nothing and getting paid for it, you get roped into doing a little bit of private detecting for someone, which should only take a few days. Hence the name of the game.

Once word gets around that there is a Private Detective in town, a few people start showing up with their petty small-town problems, none of them can afford to actually pay what a Private Detective normally charges, but one by one you keep getting sucked into it, realizing slowly that all is not what it seems with the crime boss and the DEA.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
You are a Private Detective, you had just finished law school and were working for (the DEA maybe) and got booted and disbarred for having a sexual relationship with a witness. An old friend runs a Private detective agency and you went and worked for him, discovered you were quite good at and enjoyed it and branched out on your own. Then one day the DEA calls you and offers you a proposition. They will pay you as a Private Detective to go to this small town and just do nothing except wait and see if this female crime boss shows up in the port there. Why they want her and why they contacted you is a mystery.

On your first day of what you believe is doing nothing and getting paid for it, you get roped into doing a little bit of private detecting for someone, which should only take a few days. Hence the name of the game.

Once word gets around that there is a Private Detective in town, a few people start showing up with their petty small-town problems, none of them can afford to actually pay what a Private Detective normally charges, but one by one you keep getting sucked into it, realizing slowly that all is not what it seems with the crime boss and the DEA.
the overview sounds amazing.

well i forgot to tell you this but Hustle town seemed like a story about time travelling since MC and his uncle were similar in many ways and the co-incidences and also how MC starts getting vision from the past when that old women touches his hand seemed like story is about to get magical.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
the overview sounds amazing.

well i forgot to tell you this but Hustle town seemed like a story about time travelling since MC and his uncle were similar in many ways and the co-incidences and also how MC starts getting vision from the past when that old women touches his hand seemed like story is about to get magical.
A lot of Hustle Town was made up as I went along, I discovered I had a talent for writing a story back into a circle so to speak.

A Few Days is totally different gameplay-wise. I am not a big fan of choice-based games, a few reasons, from a dev point it is fucking hard to keep track and you do a lot of work that half the users will not see. From a player point, you are always wondering what did I miss out on, I just want all the naughty bits. A Few Days is literally a detective game, there are things you need to look for, put together, choices will only be for individual females as you try to have sexy time. But the detective side of it, I have a built-in cheat, with a consequence. Fans of Hustle Town liked the simplicity of it, I just wanted to put sexy babes in a story, so keeping that in mind, but also wanting to push myself and keep things new, anything that requires the old grey matter to be used, can be bypassed by a character in the game who will tell you what to do. But if you ask too many dumb questions, it will affect the level of smut in the game. Its basically what I wanted to Hustle Town to be sort of, but didn't know how too. I have learned so so much.

That's the plan anyway. :D

D

Deleted member 1691628

Gallery 1.6 released, should be a pretty vast improvement over previous versions.

Aldrac

Mar 9, 2020
Don't know what is going on with this game. Maybe it's broken or something.
Start game.
Do you want to skip intro? No.
Play a little.
Dev message. Some garbage about chap 11 to 12 or something.
Skips to Amy topless.
Then a flow of interactions wtih girls that I haven't met yet.

Guess it's broke.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Im guessing the Jenny tab in game is a bonus story or something. Just started playing the game and clicked on it and im talking about events ive not experienced and characters ive never met - when is the best time to play this Jenny story?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Im guessing the Jenny tab in game is a bonus story or something. Just started playing the game and clicked on it and im talking about events ive not experienced and characters ive never met - when is the best time to play this Jenny story?
Fuck I'm sorry, that's my mistake. I put it in for a bug once to skip over something and totally forgot about it. The best way to play it is just don't click on it lol.

Reactions: Skode

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Fuck I'm sorry, that's my mistake. I put it in for a bug once to skip over something and totally forgot about it. The best way to play it is just don't click on it lol.
Are you the dev of this? Good work my friend, all the girls in town are smoking hot and i did see from the dev notes you made them all personally so all due credit where due. It also says here the game is complete - is that the case? Asking as whilst i might just be too early in the game to unlock all the features it does say in the game a lot of stuff will be added in future updates including the phone apps such as profiles and phone map.

Reactions: mickydoo

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Are you the dev of this? Good work my friend, all the girls in town are smoking hot and i did see from the dev notes you made them all personally so all due credit where due. It also says here the game is complete - is that the case? Asking as whilst i might just be too early in the game to unlock all the features it does say in the game a lot of stuff will be added in future updates including the phone apps such as profiles and phone map.
Yeah it's my game. Don't take too much notice of what it says at the start, I was going to work wonders and shit miracles when I started out. It was the first time I had ever tried to make a game and my skills were not up to the task. I'm not far away from the first release of my next game, it's a whole different kettle of fish.

Reactions: Skode

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Yeah it's my game. Don't take too much notice of what it says at the start, I was going to work wonders and shit miracles when I started out. It was the first time I had ever tried to make a game and my skills were not up to the task. I'm not far away from the first release of my next game, it's a whole different kettle of fish.
Awesome ill check it out when it comes out then dude.

Aldrac

Mar 9, 2020
I cannot help you unless you tell me where you were playing a little.
Okay, I found it. It's a Jenny bug. Meet everyone so far, Very early in the game, and go to the apartment for the first time. See the skip, auto and etc choices on the bottom. Click Jenny. Talk to her about putting things in Danni's ass. Talk to Mai. Then it brings up the "There are bugs message from the Dev." then it skips to where you see Amy topless in the bathroom, shower or whatever.

Just read about this Jenny Bug in the other comments. Can assure that the game progresses as normal if you DON'T click on the Jenny name. If you do, be advised I guess your game will break by skipping much of the story. I like the artwork and the choice of girls so far. I like small breasts on girls so this is right up my alley. Will rate once done playing.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 46 Votes