Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Dev blamed everyone for being negative. Even though there were people who were being very positive. Dev couldn't tell the difference and decided to abandon both his projects and return later under a new name and partnership to create a new game.
I'm not in the other thread for his other game but other than a handful of people announcing that they weren't going to play this game this thread was really positive. His patrons apparently also voted for him to develop this game but he abandoned it anyway.
I just hope some intrepid sleuth manages to find out which game he makes next under the new name so we can clown on it.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I'm not in the other thread for his other game but other than a handful of people announcing that they weren't going to play this game this thread was really positive. His patrons apparently also voted for him to develop this game but he abandoned it anyway.
I just hope some intrepid sleuth manages to find out which game he makes next under the new name so we can clown on it.
Totally agree.

Reactions: Valrin72

Corvo20

Aug 9, 2019
This is such a good game! It's a shame some people were rude and ruined his mental health to the point he doesn't want to finish it. I hope he comes back to finish it OR have someone else make it

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
This is such a good game! It's a shame some people were rude and ruined his mental health to the point he doesn't want to finish it. I hope he comes back to finish it OR have someone else make it
That's not even what it was. Maybe partly. But he even said the people that were very positive to him and the game, which were more than the negative ones, were bad.

Reactions: Corvo20

Corvo20

Aug 9, 2019
That's not even what it was. Maybe partly. But he even said the people that were very positive to him and the game, which were more than the negative ones, were bad.
That's exactly what I said. It's one thing to have trolls that's NORMAL when you release a game or erotic story. But it's unusual that there was tons of positive feedback and he decided to abandon it. That's what I meant. I write erotica and sometimes I get nasty reviews but usually I remember the good people who stated they liked my work. It's all about balance.

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
That's exactly what I said. It's one thing to have trolls that's NORMAL when you release a game or erotic story. But it's unusual that there was tons of positive feedback and he decided to abandon it. That's what I meant. I write erotica and sometimes I get nasty reviews but usually I remember the good people who stated they liked my work. It's all about balance.
Not to mention, some of the feedback was constructive criticism. Which was also bad in the dev's opinion. When the dev makes a comeback on a new name, which he said he would, his skin is so thin, this will happen again.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Not to mention, some of the feedback was constructive criticism. Which was also bad in the dev's opinion. When the dev makes a comeback on a new name, which he said he would, his skin is so thin, this will happen again.
Here is the thing that sets me the fuck off and makes me laugh at the true idiots out there who are so quick to go with the blame job of 'it's the bad people' 'blame the trolls' etc. When the super harsh reality is this: The guy wasn't making enough patreon cash than he expected.

Sure, some of the blame could lie on mental exhaustion, but the true main reason why you see so many Devs either up and leave their projects or become milkers and go on empty promises is that they honestly expect to make DPC/OL type money after a single update. The reality is that isn't gonna happen. They need to build up their reputation, put out updates that stays with their story, build up the fan base. And with each update they will, in time, build up a cash flow on pateron or else where. But the thing that makes me laugh at the defenders of theses devs, and even some of the Devs out there, is that just because they may have a promising game, has solid renders, a solid story, solid content, what have you, they try to make it out that they should make like 2k a month on one or two releases alone. (Not naming names but I can think of a few).

The thing with FunDi is that their game Chimera right? Had some promise and potential right? BUT, because it wasn't making their expected money counter, they abandoned that and started this one. ONLY to all of a sudden say 'Fuck it, I'll blame the mean people out there, even the ones with constructive feedback, praise the small amount of patrons and fans who had my back, plan to make a studio or whatever bullshit under a new name and such'. So... The guy who didn't make alot of money is pretty much going to rebrand himself under a new name, come back with a different game, possibly end up with the same outcome, and repeat it all over again?

And don't get me started on the thinned skinned comments, as I totally agree that you need to have a thick skin in the developing/writing world. And FunDi, among certain others out there, don't have that.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Here is the thing that sets me the fuck off and makes me laugh at the true idiots out there who are so quick to go with the blame job of 'it's the bad people' 'blame the trolls' etc. When the super harsh reality is this: The guy wasn't making enough patreon cash than he expected.

Sure, some of the blame could lie on mental exhaustion, but the true main reason why you see so many Devs either up and leave their projects or become milkers and go on empty promises is that they honestly expect to make DPC/OL type money after a single update. The reality is that isn't gonna happen. They need to build up their reputation, put out updates that stays with their story, build up the fan base. And with each update they will, in time, build up a cash flow on pateron or else where. But the thing that makes me laugh at the defenders of theses devs, and even some of the Devs out there, is that just because they may have a promising game, has solid renders, a solid story, solid content, what have you, they try to make it out that they should make like 2k a month on one or two releases alone. (Not naming names but I can think of a few).

The thing with FunDi is that their game Chimera right? Had some promise and potential right? BUT, because it wasn't making their expected money counter, they abandoned that and started this one. ONLY to all of a sudden say 'Fuck it, I'll blame the mean people out there, even the ones with constructive feedback, praise the small amount of patrons and fans who had my back, plan to make a studio or whatever bullshit under a new name and such'. So... The guy who didn't make alot of money is pretty much going to rebrand himself under a new name, come back with a different game, possibly end up with the same outcome, and repeat it all over again?

And don't get me started on the thinned skinned comments, as I totally agree that you need to have a thick skin in the developing/writing world. And FunDi, among certain others out there, don't have that.
No arguments from me. He even stated that once in the Chimera post I think. Might've been here. I don't totally recall now. But then it all turned into people were being mean and yeah. I tried with him, I really did. But it was just a waste of breath.

Reactions: DirectXD1943

Corvo20

Aug 9, 2019

Shoot if I made 2K a month from Patreon I'd be happy. I make like $10 a month because I've only started back in September. The problem I have is trying to reach an audience. All that matters to me is that money wise it' s something. I don't expect to make a bazillion dollars. It's also a very niche fetish so not that many people would like it. But all that matters to me is people read my work. I made a topic in General Discussion about this.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
so why is it abandoned?

Does anybody know?
To sum up what deva ctually said:
Poll on Patreon proposed I Scream as the winner, game to go further.
Dev had a sudden cash inflow from a ”new cofounder”:
- they both decided to terminate this ”joint venture” and scrape everything.
Dev and this new ”cofounder” will continue Chimera under new name, new Patreon and new game ”studio”.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Can anyone summarize why the game was abandoned?
Dev's an asshole :whistle:
His first game had too large of a workload so he put it on hold to make this one. He released the first version of this game and posted a poll on his patreon asking which he should focus on. This game won the poll and then one of his supporters DMed him offering to bank roll a game more or less based on his first game under a different dev name so he abandoned this and the first game and went radio silent.
So basically he abandoned both games because he doesn't understand the AVN market, was expecting to make way more money than you will on a barely developed game and then jumped at the first sugar daddy offering to pay him to bend over.

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes