Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
Wow, is this a new record? XD The game looked really promising, but ohh well.
So basically, the Dev saw that the games didn't generate enough money, and will erase any presence of the current Dev accounts, to start a new game studio. And with a different name to avoid any backlash from this debacle.
Which off course will also need some funding. What could possibly go wrong?
Blaming criticism for any of that, is really silly. Sure, there are assholes. But if you can't deal with that, and can't differentiate between good and bad criticism, then you might be in the wrong business.
It's also a bad cop-out, because the Dev clearly stated that the projects weren't financially viable.
So how would that change with the new studio? How can the current funders expect the new project to work out, and not get the raw deal again?
Stuff like this is why many people won't invest a dime in projects. And that hurts Devs who are passionate, hard working and willing to deliver.

Last edited:

homor

Oct 22, 2023
Wow, is this a new record? XD The game looked really promising, but ohh well.
So basically, the Dev saw that the games didn't generate enough money, will erase any presence of the current Dev accounts to start a new game studio. And with a different name to avoid any backlash from this debacle.
Which off course will also need some funding. What could possibly go wrong?
Blaming criticism for any of that is really silly. Sure, there are assholes. But if you can't deal with that, and can't differentiate between good and bad criticism, then you might be in the wrong business.
It's also a bad cop-out, because the Dev clearly stated that the projects weren't financially viable.
So how would that change with the new studio? How can the current funders expect the new project to work out, and not get the raw deal again?
Stuff like this is why many people won't invest a dime in projects. And that hurts Devs who are passionate, hard working and willing to deliver.
to hide himself after all of this shit is kinda cleaver to must say (yep but most of devs are not compatible to be cleaver and usualy are uncovered in some time...but overly it is no bad thing to want start new...

everyone do things for money..money it things what we all need.

main problem of dev is no integrity (tell us and develop game with some default kinks) and want to please paying ppl..

well to me fair... making public polls doenst help to.

homor

Oct 22, 2023
i
to hide himself after all of this shit is kinda cleaver to must say (yep but most of devs are not compatible to be cleaver and usualy are uncovered in some time...but overly it is no bad thing to want start new...

everyone do things for money..money it things what we all need.

main problem of dev is no integrity (tell us and develop game with some default kinks) and want to please paying ppl..

well to me fair... making public polls doenst help to.
i may be jerk for most of ppl by my comments :) by this one dev did not made something unforgetable as unavoidable ntr/sharing/swinging shit...he is just lost what to do..

(and yep it cost some of us money for some months ...but i hope that we will survive and next game will be better) /or at least will have third update :D /

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I just love the sentence:
" it has to be disconnected from FunDi Games, for us to avoid the inevitable backlash "

He might as well could have said "To avoid any kind of responsibility, we are going to hide and start anew wearing new faces so we can keep up pretending we are dedicated, determined and most importantly.. know what we are doing".

But hey. Maybe it's just me who is cynical here. Happens.

homor

Oct 22, 2023
I just love the sentence:
" it has to be disconnected from FunDi Games, for us to avoid the inevitable backlash "

He might as well could have said "To avoid any kind of responsibility, we are going to hide and start anew wearing new faces so we can keep up pretending we are dedicated, determined and most importantly.. know what we are doing".

But hey. Maybe it's just me who is cynical here. Happens.
well i wanted to write something to his defence for third times...but must deleted is after all, cause i did not beleived it personaly :D

but lets just give him third (and last) try

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well, now .. dev said they will scrape everything, them cofounders, because they have integrity - in covering all these traces.
main problem of dev is no integrity
Any dev can do episodic features of poll decided kinks: episode 3 is about foot fetish,
episode 5 is about water works, episode 7 is about heels.

Devs can have modular stories, especially when they launch a sand box game:
make different districts with different girls, have them all featured at launch,
then just have polls about which of the now unpopulated girl areas suppprters might want developed next.
this one dev did not made something unforgetable as unavoidable ntr/sharing/swinging shit...he is just lost what to do..
This way, Dev has all the angles covered, while any of the girls could fit in the already written
parts for them: the home wrecker, the joker, the femme fatale, the unprepared, the unhinged,
the ever loving, the stalker, the hunter, the man eater, the slut, the sadist, the career freak, the clown ...

homor

Oct 22, 2023
Well, now .. he said he will scrape everything because he has integrity - in covering all his traces.

Any dev can do episodic features of poll decided kinks: episode 3 is about foot feish,
episode 5 is about water works, episode 7 is about heels.

Devs can have modular stories, especially when they launch a sand box game:
make different districts with different girls, have them all featured at launch,
then just have polls about which of the now unpopulated girl areas suppprters might want developed next.

This way, Dev has all the angles covered, while any of the girls could fit in the already written
parts for them: the home wrecker, the joker, the femme fatale, the unprepared, the unhinged,
the ever loving, the stalker, the hunter, the man eater, the slut, the sadist, the career freak, the clown ...
well i lost u to compared patreons voting on foot fetish,water sport or heels...yep there is nothing wrong about them (and i would definitely doesnt mind even scat, necrophilia or MC fucking snail...but ntr is end deal (what is main problem in voting cause lot of ppl vote for that heresy) :D

at least he told us that he want end and start a new...

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
NTR is for guys who want to find other guys and see them fkk in games, it is what they want.
well i lost u to compared patreons voting on foot fetish,water sport or heels
I would hope this dev who has so far shown intereest in making discovery on girls,
not to steer all the way into what most NTR games are: many new nude guys fkking same girl.

I, for one, play to see wonderful babes and play a fantasy of being with them,
not looking for boys with maggets for brains and no personality, which is what NTR games feature.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
well i wanted to write something to his defence for third times...but must deleted is after all, cause i did not beleived it personaly :D

but lets just give him third (and last) try
I tried being very supportive and positive with him, then when he said that everything was negative, it rubbed me the wrong. So, let me reply to you with a gif, bro.
View attachment tumblr_lvhlltFtPU1r0el22.webp

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
The whole financial aspect is stupid from the dev, like he expected to make so much money on his first release, he didn't so he is canceling everything. Not everyone is going to sub after one episode. Other devs of bigger games, probably didn't have any supporters at first when they were creating their games, but they eventually gained supporters and money, after putting out more content. This dev literally quit before it has even a opportunity to gain supporters and thus would give him the money he wants. This dev is just a quitter and won't have any sucess with his other game he will inevitably make with someone.

homor

Oct 22, 2023
The whole financial aspect is stupid from the dev, like he expected to make so much money on his first release, he didn't so he is canceling everything. Not everyone is going to sub after one episode. Other devs of bigger games, probably didn't have any supporters at first when they were creating their games, but they eventually gained supporters and money, after putting out more content. This dev literally quit before it has even a opportunity to gain supporters and thus would give him the money he wants. This dev is just a quitter and won't have any sucess with his other game he will inevitably make with someone.
yeha yeah...as i mainly understand and aggree..he made 2 games and three updates... so he want make money (as everyone) but not in first update...

MAD6999

Nov 21, 2021
I don't know what this developer expected that just by releasing the game he would get money?

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Any dev who expects their game to pop off and rack in the dough on just the first release (and only a few days after at that) has the wrong motivation entirely. It's like this in any creative field, do it out of passion and as a hobby...and you will gain an audience eventually who supports what you do (unless what you're doing is utter garbage).

All of the most successful VN developers started off this way, and their hard work and grind paid off for them EVENTUALLY. I've seen plenty of developers whose projects deserve far more attention and patrons that still keep sticking at it, those are the ones who deserve support as they are doing this because they enjoy it, not just because all they want to get out of this is money.

Good luck to the dev trying to hind behind a new alias, but I don't think it's going to work out if he's going to abandon every project at their first release, this was just posted a few days ago...if you get unmotivated that fast, you aren't cut out for this.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
So in short, Dev had super high expectations in terms of likely the whole money department, however instead of sticking with it and expecting a decent payday after one release, their pulling the plug? Blaming it on 'negative feedback'?

Hoooo boy...

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes