Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
The dev was really frustrated I guess. He had some of us saying to pick what he actually had passion for, but then he made a poll and I think that's where it fell apart.

• Haha
Reactions: Donjoe81

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
This was one of the fastest releases into abandonment I've seen. I mean, it hasn't even been a week for crying out loud! o_O (Well the public release at least)

Avidius7

Oct 31, 2020
Another case of a dev's artistic vision being taken down by assholes on this forum. Sounds like he's going the direction of making yet another typical forum popular game. I expect nothing less than a dead father, milf, and incest from his next venture.

I bet you all buy Call of Duty every year too.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Well, that's that. As I told him he needed to find which game was his passion and apparently, neither of them were. He'll be back under a new name so people don't start shit. He knows there will be backlash over it and that scares him. Rightly so. People are pretty vindicative.

Onto the meat of which that boils my blood:
However, my forum presence (the adult oness) has been challenging, with unexpected resistance and even threats for diversifying my game development. This has led to an untenable situation that demands a shift in direction. People get mad if I don't develop the first thing I published and they invested their time into (I get it), but it was my first time with both games, and I'm just learning... It doesn't help the financial viability aspect, at all.
I personally saw very little of what he mentions in that paragraph. Not saying it didn't happen. But he made it out as everything was bad. Hey, FunDi what about all the supportive comments you got here on F95? On BOTH games. Most people loved what you were doing and were very positive. Guess those are negative also? Anyway, I better stop there. On a better note, I wish you well with whatever comes next.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Another case of a dev's artistic vision being taken down by assholes on this forum. Sounds like he's going the direction of making yet another typical forum popular game. I expect nothing less than a dead father, milf, and incest from his next venture.

Ya know if you're not enjoying the reception you get for your game on piracy sites the best solution is usually to stop lurking and posting on those sites. This thread from what I've seen has mostly been alright anyway, probably the Chimera thread from people getting upset that the game they were following was being put on hold indefinitely. Either way though, even if people are being dicks about it a dev letting it get to them on a site that just plain doesn't pay the bills isn't going to help them out. Not saying that this site doesn't have it's value to devs, but there's no point in them forcing themselves to engage on it if it's sapping their creative motivation.

Reactions: Joshy92

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023

LOL artistic vision. Did you read the patron post? They're in this for the money.

THE KILLER 13

Sep 13, 2022
There are tons of abandoned games on this site, including "popular" incest games (some not even making it to the first update:rolleyes:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
  • Given these experiences, I've decided to pivot. And also, erase any presence of FunDi Games (you can still play my games on Itch)
My new project will blend the best elements of Chimera and the appeal of an adult game, but it necessitates a fresh start under a new brand. This decision is bolstered by the addition of a co-founder and some initial funding (the details of which are a story for another time).

• Together with my new co-founder, we will launch a joint adult development studio, but it has to be disconnected from FunDi Games, for us to avoid the inevitable backlash. Therefore, everything related to FunDi Games will be gone, and we will relaunch all socials and Patreon under our new name.
As I transition away from FunDi Games and the Patreon platform, I do so with a mix of sadness and optimism. The last five months have been a journey of growth and learning, and although it's tough to leave this chapter behind, I am excited for what lies ahead.
The dev was really frustrated I guess. He had some of us saying to pick what he actually had passion for, but then he made a poll and I think that's where it fell apart.
This was one of the fastest releases into abandonment I've seen. I mean, it hasn't even been a week for crying out loud! o_O (Well the public release at least)
I already imagined that this wouldn't go very far, but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly lol

Well, that's that. As I told him he needed to find which game was his passion and apparently, neither of them were. He'll be back under a new name so people don't start shit. He knows there will be backlash over it and that scares him. Rightly so. People are pretty vindicative.

Onto the meat of which that boils my blood:

I personally saw very little of what he mentions in that paragraph. Not saying it didn't happen. But he made it out as everything was bad. Hey, FunDi what about all the supportive comments you got here on F95? On BOTH games. Most people loved what you were doing and were very positive. Guess those are negative also? Anyway, I better stop there. On a better note, I wish you well with whatever comes next.
Ya know if you're not enjoying the reception you get for your game on piracy sites the best solution is usually to stop lurking and posting on those sites. This thread from what I've seen has mostly been alright anyway, probably the Chimera thread from people getting upset that the game they were following was being put on hold indefinitely. Either way though, even if people are being dicks about it a dev letting it get to them on a site that just plain doesn't pay the bills isn't going to help them out. Not saying that this site doesn't have it's value to devs, but there's no point in them forcing themselves to engage on it if it's sapping their creative motivation.
LOL artistic vision. Did you read the patron post? They're in this for the money.
There are tons of abandoned games on this site, including "popular" incest games (some not even making it to the first update:rolleyes:
To sum up what deva ctually said:
Poll on Patreon proposed I Scream as the winner, game to go further.
Dev had a sudden cash inflow from a ”new cofounder”:
- they both decided to terminate this ”joint venture” and scrape everything.
Dev and this new ”cofounder” will continue Chimera under new name, new Patreon and new game ”studio”.

We shold all rejoyce. In the end, despite dev and backers support for I scream,
MC is fortuitously going back to Chimera with his new ”cofounder” buyout.

Some ”cofounder” bought into the Chimera hype and brought her/his/their own money into this,
so dev is ”pivoting” back into Chimera type game under the safe heaven of this ”cofounder” who,
as it seems, has actually stolen the show and is launching their own new foundation for gaming.

Reactions: Harem Trooper

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
To sum up what deva ctually said:
Poll on Patreon proposed I Scream as the winner, game to go further.
Dev had a sudden cash inflow from a ”new cofounder”:
- they both decided to terminate this ”joint venture” and scrape everything.
Dev and this new ”cofounder” will continue Chimera under new name, new Patreon and new game ”studio”.

We shold all rejoyce. In the end, despite dev and backers support for I scream,
MC is fortuitously going back to Chimera with his new ”cofounder” buyout.

Some ”cofounder” bought into the Chimera hype and brought her/his/their own money into this,
so dev is ”pivoting” back into Chimera type game under the safe heaven of this ”cofounder” who,
as it seems, has actually stolen the show and is launching their own new foundation for gaming.
Thank you for the information, I was just about to ask about the situation. I have a preference for I Scream; I definitely favor it over Chimera if I had to choose. So in the end there's no real need for concern since Chimera will be picked up again? The primary grievance here is that, despite fans wanting him to continue with this project, he opted for Chimera because of one big whale? I've gone through the Patreon post and I understand his perspective, but it's somewhat disheartening to witness how things have unfolded.

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
this game is a fuckin fever dream, and i don't mean the status of it, i mean the content in it so far. i can understand the desire to wanna do somethin different but this is.....this is like watching casshern sins whilst on adrenachrome and heroin.

homor

Oct 22, 2023
:unsure:yep it happend again..honestly i dont know what to thing about it anymore cause i was realy considered this to be supported... that rigged poll where number of emails matter was kinda of fun to see to move :D

maybe if she/he will definitely tell us clearly what he want to do (LIKE WHAT HE REALY WONT TO DO) with future tags i will consider support but that would need to be hella first release after this.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
:unsure:yep it happend again..honestly i dont know what to thing about it anymore cause i was realy considered this to be supported... that rigged poll where number of emails matter was kinda of fun to see to move :D

maybe if she/he will definitely tell us clearly what he want to do (LIKE WHAT HE REALY WONT TO DO) with future tags i will consider support but that would need to be hella first release after this.
There won't be. He's already made a deal with a partner where their name changes and are starting a new game with the basic concept of Chimera. Officially FunDi is a dead name. None of us will know the new name that way there's no shit going on.

homor

Oct 22, 2023
There won't be. He's already made a deal with a partner where their name changes and are starting a new game with the basic concept of Chimera. Officially FunDi is a dead name. None of us will know the new name that way there's no shit going on.
yep as we will not see concept of game here :D
or artist..

Reactions: Dark Silence
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes
!-- Place this before closing the element (if you have multiple ads, place it only once). -->