Zeph3r

Oct 22, 2020
There won't be. He's already made a deal with a partner where their name changes and are starting a new game with the basic concept of Chimera. Officially FunDi is a dead name. None of us will know the new name that way there's no shit going on.
We'll probably still be able to guess in all honesty, Chimera's concept was pretty unique lore wise and the devs got a pretty distinct art style (assuming they're still the in-principle developer).

Reactions: DirectXD1943

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I would say it's better this way. At least they dropped it early instead of getting half way through or more and then doing it after people are heavily invested in the story or characters. The identity change and new team or whatever ok that's whatever but at least this way a lot of people aren't getting milked by a dev who would eventually abandon the project anyway.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
I would say it's better this way. At least they dropped it early instead of getting half way through or more and then doing it after people are heavily invested in the story or characters. The identity change and new team or whatever ok that's whatever but at least this way a lot of people aren't getting milked by a dev who would eventually abandon the project anyway.
Nope , he starts milking again under a new name but with a companion milker.
Dev , be straight.
All the excuses and blaming the community over here (who are leechers and don't support you on Patreon) stink.
You're sorry?
About what?
Being dishonest about your reasons to flea?
Got a tip for yea , when posting something new tag it: ex-fundi.
Easy to ignore your shit.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Well, technically he didn't scam anyone. He had very few supporters and the two games he was making had little to no payout.

Thuviel

Dec 21, 2021
It's funny though that everyone's going crazy over a game that was abandoned by its creator, and I guess 90% of you didn't support it.
It wasn't pretty, but everyone loves money.
Next time I'll see what was so appealing about this game.
I understand, I've had my favourite game abandoned (or deleted this site) , but that's the way it is. A lot can happen in a person's life, but it's easy to judge.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
so an in it for the money dev that has tried twice and still failed to learn
shall we place bets on weather this new project even gets a release?

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
Became a supporter 2 days before he pulled the plug, lol. At least a refund was issued. Still, I might as well go back to supporting developers that have issued updates for at least a year, instead of projects that crash before they issue update #3.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
except for devs I know or ones suggested by devs I know, I have a 5 update minimum before Ill back someone

Reactions: Remplier

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
You know, you don't have to make new user accounts for every single praise.

DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
Well, technically he didn't scam anyone. He had very few supporters and the two games he was making had little to no payout.
He only had little support because there was no dedication to his products. It's like expecting a ton of people to support you because you released an Alpha on Steam. Some people have been developing the same game for YEARS and still get support, because they enjoy the content and get the content release they expect for their money. The idea that he would expect dedication from a 0.2 release which was essentially just a prologue, and then abandoned it for a 0.1 which is ALSO essentially a prologue that he abandoned, is ridiculous. If he stuck with Chimera he would probably be making decent money, I mean look at the success of Desert Stalker.

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
Became a supporter 2 days before he pulled the plug, lol. At least a refund was issued. Still, I might as well go back to supporting developers that have issued updates for at least a year, instead of projects that crash before they issue update #3.
As you're a supporter of projects, do you ever see ones that actually have a proper development map? The only ones I can think of are like Summertime Saga and Corrupted Kingdoms.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
wew, this game had like 1 week life and its alredy over, kinda funny tbh. Its a pity, it looks pretty good though
Dev blamed everyone for being negative. Even though there were people who were being very positive. Dev couldn't tell the difference and decided to abandon both his projects and return later under a new name and partnership to create a new game.

darksoul17473

Jan 22, 2022
Dev culpó a todos por ser negativos. Aunque había gente que estaba siendo muy positiva. Dev no pudo notar la diferencia y decidió abandonar ambos proyectos y regresar más tarde con un nuevo nombre y asociación para crear un nuevo juego.
[/CITA]
I've read everything in the forum and ive seen a good support to this game, so i'd say thats bullshit. Anyway i can understand his decision if he is receiving a constant funding, but its still sad that the Dev hadnt even tried to continue working on this. Anyway, we will see if the new chimera is good or not

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes