John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
Seems a bunch of people have problems installing. So let me do you a solid and give the steps that I did to get it to work (I would recommend launching the game between steps to make sure you are still good to go. If it fails during any step assume that step is where things are failing.)

1. First download and install the base game (this can be done either by downloading the full 4.4GB file or split archive below. After downloading you will need to mount the ISO image and install the game. Just click on the button with the Japanese characters and the N until it asks you to pick your installation location. choose where you want to install it. It will then ask you something I was not sure what it was but I selected Yes I think it was saying if I was sure I wanted to use a different install location. It will then take you to a screen with a check box, that asks if you want to make a desktop shortcut. If you don't unchecked it and select the N button again. It will install and then let you know it was successful.
  2. Next Download and install Append 1 & 2. this will basically install itself.
  3. Next you need to download and install Append 3. This is basically a Side quest chapter and will install much like a separate game. I just put the install directory in a folder in the same directory as the game.
  4. Next install the update 2.0. This will install similarly to Append 1 & 2.
  5. Download and unpack the Zap Interface Translation Patch. Once it is unpacked take everything inside the folder and overwrite you installation directory. If you have chosen NOT to install 2.0 for some odd reason: DO NOT copy over the following files: (SO018.AGF & SO017.AGF). You WILL however need to copy over SO017-1.0.AGF and rename it once copied over to SO017.AGF.
  6. Next if you want to install the dialog translation download NekoHen TL patch. ( ***** IMPORTANT ****** you will only need ONE of these files DO NOT COPY OVER THEM ALL.) you will have 3 archives inside the unpacked folder the one you want to unpack is verita-dia-v100. Again ONLY copy over this one.
  7. Once you have done all this I strongly recommend you download the DCFix patch. It is simple to install just take everything in the archive and move it into your installation directory and overwrite the files.
  8. If you use the DCFix patch, you should use the AGE PATCH.exe for now on to launch the game.

This is what I did to install the game and it worked fine for me. I hope these steps help everyone have a smoother installation. Feel free to ask me questions if you need help with anything. :)
To clarify on step 6. Do you mean take all extracted files and copy over the ones in the installation directory?

shiner

Mar 9, 2018
After unpacked the Zap Interface Translation patch this screen shows always up after i start the game. And i cant start the game anymore... Is it correct to copy and insert all files in this directory where i start the exe. of the game ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
After unpacked the Zap Interface Translation patch this screen shows always up after i start the game. And i cant start the game anymore... Is it correct to copy and insert all files in this directory where i start the exe. of the game ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No it is not. That is why you are having issues. I posted the correct steps a few posts above you.

"Copy the contents of verita-dia-v100 to your installation directory. "

Only that directory. If you install all of them you get problems.

shiner

Mar 9, 2018
No it is not. That is why you are having issues. I posted the correct steps a few posts above you.

"Copy the contents of verita-dia-v100 to your installation directory. "

Only that directory. If you install all of them you get problems.
I know what you mean. I read your post above. But i wasnt actually at this step. I did at first step 5. Extract and copy and insert the files from Zap translation patch.
I wasnt at step 6 with the files from NekoHen TL patch.
I always tried to start the game after one step and after step 5 this happens what i said above. Or do you mean I should skip step 5 and just extract the contents of verita- dia - v100 ?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I know what you mean. I read your post above. But i wasnt actually at this step. I did at first step 5. Extract and copy and insert the files from Zap translation patch.
I wasnt at step 6 with the files from NekoHen TL patch.
I always tried to start the game after one step and after step 5 this happens what i said above. Or do you mean I should skip step 5 and just extract the contents of verita- dia - v100 ?
No, no forgive me I misread your question that was totally my fault. My mind is doing 100K things this month and I jumped to conclusions. So for step 5 you should just install all of the files inside it. Something might of gone wrong with your installation if you got that setup. I would say you could try moving forward and seeing if the files in step 6 get you back on track but if you are seeing an error then you might need to start over again and see if you can replicate the issue. When i did it, I did not have that issue before. Could just be a fluke. Since you already went through steps I would keep going and see if it fixes. if not you are probably best off starting over and taking it one step at a time again.

shiner

Mar 9, 2018
No, no forgive me I misread your question that was totally my fault. My mind is doing 100K things this month and I jumped to conclusions. So for step 5 you should just install all of the files inside it. Something might of gone wrong with your installation if you got that setup. I would say you could try moving forward and seeing if the files in step 6 get you back on track but if you are seeing an error then you might need to start over again and see if you can replicate the issue. When i did it, I did not have that issue before. Could just be a fluke. Since you already went through steps I would keep going and see if it fixes. if not you are probably best off starting over and taking it one step at a time again.
No Problem :) We all know this sometimes . Thanks for your answer though.
Okay then I will try it again with the full version. I Just downloaded the Patched version with something 3,9 Gb.
It doesnt care where I install the Appends 1 and 2 right ? It doesn't need to be in the directory of the game, right ?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
No Problem :) We all know this sometimes .
Okay then I will try it again with the full version. I Just downloaded the Patched version with something 3,9 Gb.
It doesnt care where I install the Appends 1 and 2 right ? It doesn't need to be in the directory of the game, right ?
Wait a minute. hold up, you downloaded the patched version? if you downloaded the patched version you didn't need to do any of the steps as it was already patched. you should be good to just unpack and play with the patched version. That might be the problem.

shiner

Mar 9, 2018
Wait a minute. hold up, you downloaded the patched version? if you downloaded the patched version you didn't need to do any of the steps as it was already patched. you should be good to just unpack and play with the patched version. That might be the problem.
hmm but how do I play it in english ? Im able to play the game, but its just in japanese and i cant read anything

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
hmm but how do I play it in english ? Im able to play the game, but its just in japanese and i cant read anything
Hmm I was under the impression that the patched version was already patched and ready to go..... I will see if I can replicate your issue.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
thanks already for your help
So the patched version is already set with the translation patch. You just have to go into the Veritas folder and run Agepatch.exe and it should be in english. I don't see 2.0 was applied however and I think that is where your problems came to be. My personal opinion. Don't use the patched version. I don't like the BGtrilogy folder in there either. Don't know what the fuck that is and it wasn't in the original files So my opinion would be delete that patched version, download the base windows ISO and go through the steps manually. You are free to go whatever route you choose but I tend to be cautious when it comes to files being added I don't know.

Reactions: johnk160 and shiner

shiner

Mar 9, 2018
So the patched version is already set with the translation patch. You just have to go into the Veritas folder and run Agepatch.exe and it should be in english. I don't see 2.0 was applied however and I think that is where your problems came to be. My personal opinion. Don't use the patched version. I don't like the BGtrilogy folder in there either. Don't know what the fuck that is and it wasn't in the original files So my opinion would be delete that patched version, download the base windows ISO and go through the steps manually. You are free to go whatever route you choose but I tend to be cautious when it comes to files being added I don't know.
Alright. Then I will install the game from zero. I hope it will work then. Thanks for the advice

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Alright. Then I will install the game from zero. I hope it will work then. Thanks for the advice
if you have problems installing please feel free to post here and I will do my utmost to assist.

shiner

Mar 9, 2018
if you have problems installing please feel free to post here and I will do my utmost to assist.
Now after I installed it from the 4,4 GB version its working normally.
I'm a little bit confused, because with the patched version i could choose between 3 Games or parts after i press "start the game" ( i dont know what exactly they are )

and with this version the game just begin without anything to choose.

But actually I'm happy that the game is working now and i can play it

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Now after I installed it from the 4,4 GB version its working normally.
I'm a little bit confused, because with the patched version i could choose between 3 Games or parts after i press "start the game" ( i dont know what exactly they are )

and with this version the game just begin without anything to choose.

But actually I'm happy that the game is working now and i can play it
Append 3 is a side story. it will be installed in a seperate location. So you can select it manually to play it when you finish the main game.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote