kemambut

Aug 17, 2018
Basically normal is the standard game, special edition is a fan service bonus (but usually too high level to start with, you need ng+ chars to do the special eddition anyway)

I never had any tear problem but you can try to run the game in compatibility mode for win vista/xp or check in the game options if you selected the target fps to be 60 (30 tends to be a bit slow)
I see. Thank you.
Regarding the screen tearing, I fixed it by forcing VSYNC ON on my Nvidia control panel. Now it's buttersmooth. Thanks!

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Roughtly, the damage calc when you use an attack or a physical skill is Attack x atk freq (atk speed) VS def x def freq

Basically if you want Selika to be cheated you need to strike a balance between atk and atk speed (with a small pref for atk speed since atk can be gained easily with items). And if you dont want to be one shot by a monster it's better to have just enough def freq then a relatively high def

Magic spells have a sort of atk freq built in the spell itself so there is no stat mag freq or mag def freq

Also every buff/debuff can have 5 stacks, each stack adds/reduces 10% or 20% (I dont remember which) to the appropriate stat

One special debuff is the curse that reduces the XP gained by 20% x curse stacks so you gan go down to 0XP gain.

Maybe you've noticed but the auto-fight mode can be tailored quite finely if you dont want to bother fighting the trash mobs

Reactions: kemambut

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
if you send me one of your saves I should be able to raise your XP and money quite a lot. Or I can generate a save file from the game start with +500000 Xp which should be enough for having a 100 lvl lead start

saves should be in C:/ users/yourname/appdata/local/eushully

kemambut

Aug 17, 2018
Roughtly, the damage calc when you use an attack or a physical skill is Attack x atk freq (atk speed) VS def x def freq

Basically if you want Selika to be cheated you need to strike a balance between atk and atk speed (with a small pref for atk speed since atk can be gained easily with items). And if you dont want to be one shot by a monster it's better to have just enough def freq then a relatively high def
mobs
Thanks. I've been focusing on "STR STA" and "DEX". I figured they are strength and the attack speed stats. Hope I'm doing it right. So far, I can keep up. I'm on chapter 3 now. It's just there are so many things I still don't understand about the game, like stats and the description of skills e.g. "BOUND".

if you send me one of your saves I should be able to raise your XP and money quite a lot. Or I can generate a save file from the game start with +500000 Xp which should be enough for having a 100 lvl lead start

saves should be in C:/ users/yourname/appdata/local/eushully
Thanks but I prefer not to cheat. It would take half the fun. I would like to experience the game fully with reasonable grinding. I just wish there is a guide with complete explanation of the game mechanics.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks but I prefer not to cheat. It would take half the fun. I would like to experience the game fully with reasonable grinding. I just wish there is a guide with complete explanation of the game mechanics.
No problem, I was answering to bazzalini though since he asked for a 100% ng+ save

As for game mechanics there are several things that are of particular importance when you fight

-FS: the blue/red bar is the fighting spirit bar. Every time you get hit you lose a bit of it and every time you hit someone you gain a bit of it. If it hits zero your char or the enemy is KO (except for bosses I think).
On top of it the more FS you have the stronger your overall stats (def and offense)
If you have a fight where you tend to be one shot, it might be good to try to buff FS with spells.

-the action bar: as you figured out whenever you try an action there is a time lag before the order and the action being done. After the attack or spell there is also a cooldown before you can give another order.
The two times are indicated in the description of each spell/technique
There is a hidden stat that shorten the time necessary for physical action (ASpd) and some rings can give you a boost in ASpd (Mel Tina being the first one you can get if I remember well). It's probably one of the most usefull stat to raise if your attack and attack freq are high enough to damage the monsters
There is also a hidden stat for shortening magical action (MSpd)
ASpd and MSpd are also increased by the stats you buy with XP but since they are hidden its a bit hard to know how much you gain of each. (Well stats that give Mag attack and mag def tend to give MSpd and stats that give Attq freq and def freq tend to give ASpd)
There is a min time to cast a spell/tech regardless of your ASpd or MSpd

-charge level: when you use a spell or tech you can chose to increase its effect with the charge level (a gauge above the techs). It will cost more ressources and reduce you ASPd or Mspd

-Damages
Physical damages are a function of
attack
attack freq
element
FS
opponent def
opponent def freq

In this list the thing that usually have the most impact is attack x attck freq with element being a close second.
The type of element used in the attack VS elemental defense type play a huge role in dmg.
For physical attacks the element of the attack is controlled by the element of the weapon you use
And the elemental defense type is controlled by the armour you wear.
Having the wrong elemental defense can easily get you one shot
There is a full table of the elemental attack VS elem def modifiers ingame in the menu -> info -> item list
By far the most usefull weapons will be of the "versatile" element since they tend to have 100% dmg against almost everything (just expect a surprise the day you fight a boss with the "anti-versatile" element)

Magic damages are a function of
mag attack (built in the spell)
mag power (character stat)
FS
Mag def
Element

The element of a spell is built in the spell and cant be changed.
Dont underestimate spells since there is only one defensive stat VS 2 offense stats multiplied together it can rapidly become a one shot.
Well Selika is not really caster material but having a big caster for the end game is almost a necessity

Several spells/tech inflict debuffs like bound. I dont really remember what bound does but I think it either reduces ASpd or Atk freq

-Evade
there is a hidden stat that is the evasion rate, basically almost useless for you since you cant really increase it exept with shields but enemies can have a huge evasion, use skills that have a bonus hit rate for them.

-buff/debuffs: like I said they can stack 5 times and can change the course of the fight. On top of that they do not disapear between fights. They have a fixed duration (in number of frames) and that duration will decrease as you walk around but the buff might be still active for the next fight. (if you want to prepare for a fight you can try to go in the menu to trigger a fight, buff yourself, finish the fight and run to the boss)

-Weapon/spell/tech level: each spell/tech line have a level associated to it (E to S) and each new level unlocks a new spell or tech. The lvl increase by repetedly using the spells in the line
Weapon level (necessary to equip high lvl weapons) increase by using basic attacks (usually the most bothersome stat to lvl up)

These are more or less the basics but if you have more specific questions I might be able ton answer them

Reactions: Fajter and kemambut

kemambut

Aug 17, 2018
Amazing. That explains a lot.

I'd like to ask about the formation. Does the combat position matter? I know that we need to put characters on the red squares as the requirement for formation to give effects in combat. But, without taking the formation benefit into account, is there any difference putting character on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd row?

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
No, only the bonuses from red/yellow squares matter.

The rows in themselves do not change anything, they are however very important if you fight enemies with AOE spells. Some formations give nice bonuses but might force your team to be a bit packed and you might risk a team one shot if the positionning is made wrong. (Well that will be when you have a relatively full team around chp 5-7)

Aoe can be:
2x2
3x3
hits all
1 row
2 rows
1column

I dont remember being hit by anything else.

About buffs, many characters have buffing spells but they tend to give you only one stack of buff per spell (or 3 stacks for high lvl spells)
For fights that are very difficult it tends to be too slow but some consumables can give you 5 stacks immediately (or several buffs at the same time) and items tend to be very fast to use. So it can sometimes allow your more fragile characters to get 5 defensive stacks before getting murdered

Reactions: kemambut

kemambut

Aug 17, 2018
I see.
I've reached chapter 6 now and the routes start branching out. I've read somewhere that there is not much of a difference between routes. I don't want to be missing out the CG's but playing it over and over again to get all the CG's sounds tedious.
Can you recommend me the best route? The one with the best outcome, story wise and character wise..

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Well that depends of what you call the "best" outcome.

There are 7 (more like 6.5) possible ends to Haishera messing around.
And 7 H-scenes (several of them are quite cruel I think, but if you got throught chapter 3 it should be OK)

-Do you want to see Haishera acting suprisingly nice despite being herself and the characters involved with her having happy ends?
-Do you want Haishera to be worse than you imagined?
-Do you want to see Haishera to be simply unconcerned with the consequences?

-Do you want to prioritise gamplay gains ?(there is an easily missed summon there)

Regardless of what you choose there will be little consequences for the endgame storywise.

I could also try to give you routes and save positions in order to get every scenes without starting your run from the beginning of the chapter

Anyway, whatever you do, for the very first choice you are given, go pay a friendly visit to the dark road. (this choice do not close any possibility while the others do)

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
You're welcome
I did that based on a diagram and my memory so I might have missed something, if I did try ask again but I will most probably need one of your saves from the chapter start to retry the routes

U

User_32285

Valhad indeed lost all his followers and became weaker when he powered up Selika/Celica (to kill the "old" goddess/lover of Selika/Celica) with their (sexual) energy. Somewhat similar to Sauron losing much of his power after creating the One ring.

U

User_32285

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So True a very tragic (anti)hero, not even mentioned all his friends that turn against him and finally his sister being discarded after sexually fueling/empowering Celica/selika (and temporarily destroying his mind) before the fight against Satia/Astraea.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes