[ILLUSION] Honey Select 2: Libido (ハニーセレクト2 リビドー) - Discussion Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldIsland

Jul 22, 2017
The registry Fix mostly add a new registry key containing the path from where it is launched IF it finds some relevants files there (It checks InitSetting.exe and 2 others). BUT if you alerady have your application registered in your registry that points elsewhere I think it can mess the process. Maybe the Initsetting when launched checks the registry for something like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\HoneySelect2\HoneySelect2 and uses the path if founds, if it founds several paths there, what then? Maybe you can try checking your registry before launching the registry fixer. To do that, launch regedit.exe from a shell command (use windows+r then type regedit.exe and Enter). Once in your registry, search for HoneySelect2 if you find several entries, delete them all, then launch the fixer. Maybe that'll help.
Warning : I'm no expert, this can mess your installation even more ;)

mailerden

Aug 23, 2018
VR update was published today

Managed to install it over ScrewThisNoise release without problems, but only HTC Vive and Oculus controllers have proper support. Have some issues with my Valve Index.

mailerden

Aug 23, 2018
Actually Valve Index works fine. Controls is too unobvious. You need to hold trigger and press button simultaneously to show menu. Move pointer out of menu and use trackpad to start action and etc.

And there is no controller-to-body collision.

Jul 25, 2019
Does this have a randomize feature for creating interesting base models to further develop? Also, are there any versions of honey select that function smoother on lower tier computers?

yukitakamiya

Jun 14, 2020
Hi guys, new to this game and just have played it for a couple hours. Found these kind of shoots on a pixiv acoount, i dont know where the game to do this, like create a scenario and take those moments, thanks !

Reactions: ddLX and Kristato5

call0fduty

Jan 9, 2019
Does this have a randomize feature for creating interesting base models to further develop? Also, are there any versions of honey select that function smoother on lower tier computers?
Talk to Fur and have her find girls. Another approach is to mix various models together in character creation.

Oct 29, 2019
The registry Fix mostly add a new registry key containing the path from where it is launched IF it finds some relevants files there (It checks InitSetting.exe and 2 others). BUT if you alerady have your application registered in your registry that points elsewhere I think it can mess the process. Maybe the Initsetting when launched checks the registry for something like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\illusion\HoneySelect2\HoneySelect2 and uses the path if founds, if it founds several paths there, what then? Maybe you can try checking your registry before launching the registry fixer. To do that, launch regedit.exe from a shell command (use windows+r then type regedit.exe and Enter). Once in your registry, search for HoneySelect2 if you find several entries, delete them all, then launch the fixer. Maybe that'll help.
Warning : I'm no expert, this can mess your installation even more ;)
That's what I thought it did. You're right, I looked at the .bat file in notepad and all it does is rename the installation directory in the registry to wherever it finds the initsettings.exe.

The reason I still don't want to run it is I tried movig the repack files into the Japanese directory (where it's already pointing to in the registry) and running the game from any of the start up exe's didn't change anything. I moved the Japanese game files to a new folder on my desktop so there was no way it would load from those. It's as if I'm missing a step to activate the mods, I can't see any other reason why the game would run perfectly fine but modless otherwise.

I have no intention of uninstalling the Japanese version and I'm in no rush to get this working, so I'd rather not risk messing up my current game and having to reinstall again.

Thanks for the input so far though.

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
That's what I thought it did. You're right, I looked at the .bat file in notepad and all it does is rename the installation directory in the registry to wherever it finds the initsettings.exe.

The reason I still don't want to run it is I tried movig the repack files into the Japanese directory (where it's already pointing to in the registry) and running the game from any of the start up exe's didn't change anything. I moved the Japanese game files to a new folder on my desktop so there was no way it would load from those. It's as if I'm missing a step to activate the mods, I can't see any other reason why the game would run perfectly fine but modless otherwise.

I have no intention of uninstalling the Japanese version and I'm in no rush to get this working, so I'd rather not risk messing up my current game and having to reinstall again.

Thanks for the input so far though.
This is an interesting case, ngl. Care to screenshoot your JP version folder? I'm no expert myself but someone else might be able to tell if something's off in the main folder.

I guess you can also try investigating the subfolders for anomalies (except for abdata and HoneySelect2_Data, since game works fine), who knows if an important mod file got corrupted or not extracted at all.

Tafico

Jul 21, 2020
I've been searching all the card sites but no luck...
Has anyone seen a Reiju Vinsmoke/Poison Pink for HS2?
tumblr_3881e50c3a34e31989ef2767fe9330d9_58918921_500.png
(That's not a card, but I wish it was...)

honored.guestman

Oct 22, 2019
Guys, is there a position in the game with the girl on her back, like missionary, but with a t-f / paizuri, especially with the option to finish on her face? I'm hoping but can't find it. I'd really like a three person where one is doing typical missionary while the other is doing paizuri at the same time.

nomannoname

Oct 12, 2017
VR update was published today

Managed to install it over ScrewThisNoise release without problems, but only HTC Vive and Oculus controllers have proper support. Have some issues with my Valve Index.
Is it just me or is the download link on their page broken?
Also how is the framerate for you? I can run around 50fps max with my 1060 6gb using the unofficial vr mod on low settings, which is not great..

Edit: Nvm I read now rift users also have control problems, thumbsticks and mouse both aren't working, so I'll stick to the unofficial mod til they fix it maybe (hopefully)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019
This is an interesting case, ngl. Care to screenshoot your JP version folder? I'm no expert myself but someone else might be able to tell if something's off in the main folder.

I guess you can also try investigating the subfolders for anomalies (except for abdata and HoneySelect2_Data, since game works fine), who knows if an important mod file got corrupted or not extracted at all.
Here you go.

HS2-JPN_Folder.jpg HS2-Registry.jpg HS2-Repack_Folder.jpg HS2-Root.jpg

namprofli3

Dec 25, 2019
Huh, seems like normal folder to me... Like i said, i'm not an expert but see if for whatever reason the legit jp copy is not the one being opened since the registry does seem to point to it. If that's not it, i guess you could try it from the BetterRepack's initsetting.exe or to reinstall.

Or that you did open the BR exe initially because psychology is just a big wonder at times.

Oct 29, 2019
Huh, seems like normal folder to me... Like i said, i'm not an expert but see if for whatever reason the legit jp copy is not the one being opened since the registry does seem to point to it. If that's not it, i guess you could try it from the BetterRepack's initsetting.exe or to reinstall.

Or that you did open the BR exe initially because psychology is just a big wonder at times.
So I'm pretty sure it's just not seeing any of the mods folders or runnin BepInEx at all. It looks in the correct user folder for characters, clothing, scenes..etc. - I have a ton created on the JP version and only the default in the 3.1 Repack and it's not seeing anything I created from the JP version. The game creates no output log file even though it's set to - no log file for BepInEx either. For whatever reason it's just bypassing all mods as if I'm missing a step to activate them.

I was working with someone in the Illusion Discord and his 3.1 repack zip was slightly different from mine - his being a bit bigger. I re-downloaded it from the NYAA link from ScrewThisNoise's links page and got the same byte size zip as I had before. Tried running it again just in case and same result.

I think something is wrong with this file. I can only download 5 gigs at a time on mega, but I might try to see if the google drive one is any different. Then I might download an older repack just to verify something isn't wrong with the file itself.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: namprofli3
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote