Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
a while back I came across a post where someone mentioned how to stop KKmanager from deleting files I want to keep. Can't find it anymore. Can anyone point me to it or tell me if you know?

KurOneSho

Dec 31, 2021
Hey, sorry to bother just a quick question

I downloaded Studio Neo Item Solver, and I tried to run it, ticking category advance etc..

However, when I run it, it produces an error and says "could not find file: D:\Mega\ScrewThisNoise_HoneySelect_2_DX_BetterRepack_R11\abdata\studioneo\info\ItemList_00_00.MonoBehaviour'"

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you! Error.PNG

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
character card file sizes?
So I've been saving my cards with the HDSavecard mod active in order to have higher resolution thumbs. But I just learned that the game is actually loading all these so my RAM usage has been going through the roof.
Out of curiosity I started looking at file sizes (saved in HD vs regular) just in file folder when I started seeing random cards with absolutely insanely large file sizes. Like 30mb (compared to less than 400 kb for most of them).
Anyone know why they'd be that size? thx.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
a while back I came across a post where someone mentioned how to stop KKmanager from deleting files I want to keep. Can't find it anymore. Can anyone point me to it or tell me if you know?
KKmanager manages the files in its own folder. But if you move the mods to MyMods folder then the mods will be safu.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
So I've been saving my cards with the HDSavecard mod active in order to have higher resolution thumbs. But I just learned that the game is actually loading all these so my RAM usage has been going through the roof.
Out of curiosity I started looking at file sizes (saved in HD vs regular) just in file folder when I started seeing random cards with absolutely insanely large file sizes. Like 30mb (compared to less than 400 kb for most of them).
HI!
Sykosys once said that he/she made a comission card about +90mb, more or less. also said that file sizes are linked to overlays, textures, Hi Poly uncensors, state-of-the-art mods and so. I think large filesize cards are thoses with hanmen's textures or so.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
HI!
Sykosys once said that he/she made a comission card about +90mb, more or less. also said that file sizes are linked to overlays, textures, Hi Poly uncensors, state-of-the-art mods and so. I think large filesize cards are thoses with hanmen's textures or so.
That was my thought too, but I stripped everything I can off the card. Even went in and reset all body modifications (to try to get it to the default base body) and it's still at 29megs.
But then after reading your post I went back in and re-checked and there was actually an overlay I missed. That was it. Literally ONE overlay. Card went from 30 MEGS to 600kb!!!
That's just crazy!

• Wow

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
HI!
Also adding from Kaseijin, I once read roy12's about that. It's about saving all of those texture separately so your card wont get bloated. Maybe it can help.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Also adding from Kaseijin, I once read roy12's about that. It's about saving all of those texture separately so your card wont get bloated. Maybe it can help.
awesome thanks.

Also, does anyone have the link to the post with the various available downloads? I'm trying to re-get the card info app (the one you drop the card onto and it gives you all the mods it uses).

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
That was my thought too, but I stripped everything I can off the card. Even went in and reset all body modifications (to try to get it to the default base body) and it's still at 29megs.
But then after reading your post I went back in and re-checked and there was actually an overlay I missed. That was it. Literally ONE overlay. Card went from 30 MEGS to 600kb!!!
That's just crazy!
I had a card I created months back and for no discernible reason it had an insane filesize - I can't remember exactly but I think over 50Mb, definitely too big to share here. I eventually recreated it from the ground up and the new size was just over 1 Mb.
In recreating it, used the same overlays, outfits, body measurements, etc. Just at some point the origal got insanely large for no obvious reason.

• Wow

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
I had a card I created months back and for no discernible reason it had an insane filesize - I can't remember exactly but I think over 50Mb, definitely too big to share here. I eventually recreated it from the ground up and the new size was just over 1 Mb.
In recreating it, used the same overlays, outfits, body measurements, etc. Just at some point the origal got insanely large for no obvious reason.
Now I'm super curious what's going on behind the scenes. It's an issue cause I started realizing that character maker was starting to get super slow at one point. Like I was hitting my max ram after a bit of playing. I'm thinking it was these insane card sizes (I've been on a collecting binge so my collection is growing). Now I'm doing an audit and nuking anything that's causing big file sizes. Will see if that makes any diff.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Now I'm super curious what's going on behind the scenes. It's an issue cause I started realizing that character maker was starting to get super slow at one point. Like I was hitting my max ram after a bit of playing. I'm thinking it was these insane card sizes (I've been on a collecting binge so my collection is growing). Now I'm doing an audit and nuking anything that's causing big file sizes. Will see if that makes any diff.
Before you do that it is worth noting that some very big card sizes are just an indication of how much better quality they are.
There are some quality artists ariound who add all sorts of mods and overlays and other features to make their cards so good. That will often lead to larger card sizes. That's when acquiring those of reputable names (see some of my other posts for names). MThat particluar one of mine was just a freak of nature :ROFLMAO:

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
Hey there, has anyone tried using dxkdlxc's fluid mod?
I have no problem getting to work except for one thing, the body collider. While I know it can't be moved the normal way (all it does is twist the joint in place without moving the rest of the limb) I saw a video on the discord where someone, I think, node linked the collider to a character.
I tried it but the nodes for the body collider are different compared to a normal character (as in the number of them are different. not the names), anyone have any ideas on how to move the body collider or join the bodies together so that they overlap?

• Sad

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I have no problem getting to work except for one thing, the body collider. While I know it can't be moved the normal way (all it does is twist the joint in place without moving the rest of the limb) I saw a video on the discord where someone, I think, node linked the collider to a character.
I tried it but the nodes for the body collider are different compared to a normal character (as in the number of them are different. not the names), anyone have any ideas on how to move the body collider or join the bodies together so that they overlap?
It's very difficult to do that. At that point, I think using capsule and/or sphere collider is much easier.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's very difficult to do that. At that point, I think using capsule and/or sphere collider is much easier.
you'd think, but for this sort of thing these fuckers are just as annoying. I tried rigging a whole body with just capsule colliders once...NEVER again.
The stupid thing with capsule colliders is that they're not fucking capsules, they're always spheres, so good luck getting them to align with a surface that is just slightly curved (so you can't use a square) without using a collider with a gigantic radius that sticks out from behind the surface and fucks up every other fluid in the same solar system...
(actually the fluid ones may actually be capsules, but it's still inconvenient as hell)

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
you'd think, but for this sort of thing these fuckers are just as annoying. I tried rigging a whole body with just capsule colliders once...NEVER again.
The stupid thing with capsule colliders is that they're not fucking capsules, they're always spheres, so good luck getting them to align with a surface that is just slightly curved (so you can't use a square) without using a collider with a gigantic radius that sticks out from behind the surface and fucks up every other fluid in the same solar system...
(actually the fluid ones may actually be capsules, but it's still inconvenient as hell)
I wont deny that it's annoying and tedious to rig it. But from my experience, scaling those collider must be done in balanced number. You can do unbalanced number, but you shouldnt take it too far.
Capsule collider with scale XYZ = 1 x 0.7 x 1 clips abit but not that apparent. But 1 x 0.75 x 1 doesnt clip.
As for sphere, you have to scale it using same number. Even using 1 x 0.95 x 1 still gives a little bit of clipping.

I usually only attach the collider at the active part of the body e.g. thigh, abdomen, breast or anywhere the fluid would hit the body and set the fluid's lifetime to bare minimum.
But still, dynamic fluid mods are very taxing to the system and really hard to control in VNGE. So Im not using it.

• Hey there

Anonymous2019

Nov 22, 2019
hi,
is the a way to have xray view....like in some h games....i found some items called uterus and all...but have no idea as to its use-is it related to my question?

• Hey there

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
take a look on this videos:

Reactions: Gaelen

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
hi,
is the a way to have xray view....like in some h games....i found some items called uterus and all...but have no idea as to its use-is it related to my question?
It does
Take a look on this:

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
take a look on this videos:
Much appreciated, a shame no one ever found a solution. The main video showed the guy managing to bind all the nodes and have it the model scaling and moving with the character but the collider still maintaining it's default shape. Absolute tears I bet when he tried it. Think it'll ever be "fixed"?

• Sad
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote