Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I do not.
That's weird.
I don't know whether there is a correlation between it, but if you're using BetterRepack, you should have more choices for the head type window. Because it seems like your client don't have the modpack installed which I think the root of your issue.
Or did you got some error message at your top left screen when entering the game or chara maker?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Squiddlepuss

Jun 21, 2022
Can anyone help me fix this? The game is up to date and I cant seem to figure out what caused this.
Like AmaNo04 said you should have many, many more face choices than you have so my money's on you're missing at least one vital mod pack.
If you're using BetterRepack then try the updater and that will show you what you're missing.

Reactions: Velcrofly

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
There have been previous posts, either in this thread or another, about naming conventions for cards.

I saw this mod on Discord the other day and tried it out

When you save a character card with this mod installed, it will give you the normal HS2ChaFetc card name but then the character name and the creator name.
Handy for remembering who originally created a card and searching in file manager etc.

I'm posting this here as it seems the most relevant thread to the mod.

Reactions: cptboofy

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
Can anyone help me fix this? The game is up to date and I cant seem to figure out what caused this.
Did you find the fix? Apparently we added something to the \abdata\list\characustom folder. I found mine(which was something I don't normally mess with) and it was fixed once culprit files were removed.

Herbmetaru

Oct 12, 2020
GraphicsMod
. MetaruGuide .
This is not meant as a new guide, just some extra notes on what was posted allready:
Sykosis Guide to Graphics Mod
I might be wrong here and there and appreciate to be corrected. Many still avoid GM because of performance, but if you consider a few things, it should be ok. I added some screenshots comparing FPS in AI (I guess, that's where most issues happen)
Another note: it's not allways the game or the mod, that's toasting your PC. Especially equipped accesories causes that. I found allready a few, that I won't use again.
Let's start with the screenshots. (don't look at details, since I scaled down the images to 50%)
These are showing DHH, with and without a beard-accessorie. You see, that one item cuts the FPS in half:

The next are showing the same scenario in Graphics Mod and actually, the FPS are even higher. The effect of the beard is the same. To have a fair comparison, I disabled SSS, what does indeed take away ~10 FPS.

Game resolution 2048 x 1152
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
24 GB ram
GForce GTX 1070

Not really a high end machine.

Now to some settings. Switching to HS2 for that.

First the cubemaps, everybody talks about them ...
Cubemaps are nice and can do a lot (excluding AI-game, not used there at all), but ...
When you are trying to safe performance, you can start here. You are using them only for lighting in game or maker? When you are not using them as background, why would you use a highres image? Pick something small (filesize), you might noticce allredy by the different loading times (a few seconds can happen), when you choose them. You can also allways just disable them. I prefer a puresky or just a photostudio cubemap, because the light is mostly neutral. If you want colors, feel free to check others.
Performancewhise, they shouldn't be a problem, but some are taking some time to load.

SSS: When you change to GM, there's allways the option to disable SSS if you don't need it, it might reduce your FPS by 15 - 25 %, but ofc you can just enable it when needed without restarting the game. Leave those settings as they are, but I'd suggest disable all layers but char. There might be some weird shadowy looking effects otherwise, coming from environment. Also keep 'Profile Per Object' checked, or you'll loose a lot details from the card.
More indepth:

Settings-Tab: mostly covered by Sykosis, but here, I would as a start disable realtime reflection probes. That's another tick, that is reducing performance.

postprocessing: I didn't find anything there, that reduces or increases performance, but 2 things to keep in mind with Ambient Occlusion
You want screenshots with transparent background and have allready Alpha enabled in Screenshot Manager? Don't use Ground Truth Ambient Occlusion! It will override the Alpha setting and you'll get the background on your screenshot.

That's caused by Ambient Occlusion, especially, when using upscaling.
- You can tell the screenshot manager, to disable AO, when upscaling
- you can lower AO to ~ 0.25
- you can change the AO color to be closer to the skin color

Presets (again only QoL, not performance):
Presets are not about lighting and they are safed per 'scene'. That means, there is a default for maker, for Lobby, for maingame, etc. When you found a nice looking preset, including lights, safe the preset. If you want that as your default in maker, in game or ... , then you need to safe that as a default for that as well. If you want to keep the lights as well, safe the lights to the preset as well. Keep in mind, that scenes (everything there are scenes, even the maker) bring their own lights, that will be there allready.

That should be it for now. As said before, correct me, where I am mistaken and keep in mind: I am a GM-noob. I started using it this year and there are still things, that surprise or confuse me.

I added the presets (DHH and GM), that I used for the screenshots in AI.

edit: I added OrangeSporks Informations and the link to there about SSS

. MetaruGuide .

Last edited:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
There have been previous posts, either in this thread or another, about naming conventions for cards.

I saw this mod on Discord the other day and tried it out

When you save a character card with this mod installed, it will give you the normal HS2ChaFetc card name but then the character name and the creator name.
Handy for remembering who originally created a card and searching in file manager etc.

I'm posting this here as it seems the most relevant thread to the mod.
I've been looking for something similar so thanks for posting this. If you've been playing with it any, do you know if there's any way to edit how/what it saves?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I've been looking for something similar so thanks for posting this. If you've been playing with it any, do you know if there's any way to edit how/what it saves?
From what I can see it will take the card's name and the author name as you define them. You can change ether of those with each save. So, for instance, if I have downloaded a card you created I can note that and save the card. I will then have to adjust the auuthor name back to me once I am back to creating my own work. It also gives the standard HS2CHA..... card reference which I don't think you can influence.

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
Sykosis Guide to Graphics Mod

cool guide

But will this work in neo as i have to through lot of presets to get image close to be clear and bright or semi dark
with Anti-aliasing / collision issues with my new 2080ti , when i had 1080ti i had no issues , but now it shows up a lot

and help appreciated on setting(s) cheers and tks

running on latest r13

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Dainty Floppy futa: is there any way to hide it when wearing clothes? Cause I can't figure it out if you can. Every item I tried just has a floppy dong popping out of it.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
sort of related Visibility rules: any tutorial/instructions for this? Cannot figure it out. I figure it allows you to show/hide stuff but is it only for accessories? How does it work? Help please!

KenmaKozume5

Jun 9, 2021
I am seeking some technical assistance. I was halfway into using vnge for a Studio Neo scene, when I realized that for some of the scenes I already made, the items I have used in the later scenes are appearing when I do not want them to. Is there a way to modify the scene files as they are now and prevent these items from appearing in the earlier scenes but only the later ones?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Dainty Floppy futa: is there any way to hide it when wearing clothes? Cause I can't figure it out if you can. Every item I tried just has a floppy dong popping out of it.
sort of related Visibility rules: any tutorial/instructions for this? Cannot figure it out. I figure it allows you to show/hide stuff but is it only for accessories? How does it work? Help please!
You can set the auto-hide rule for it.
Select the accessory you want, go to the right most tab where you can find ME button and etc.
You can set the condition according to which clothing piece state you want to make it hidden/shown.
Or maybe just use beaver plugin like the old ways.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
You can set the auto-hide rule for it.
Select the accessory you want, go to the right most tab where you can find ME button and etc.
You can set the condition according to which clothing piece state you want to make it hidden/shown.
Or maybe just use beaver plugin like the old ways.
how do you set the auto-hide rule for it? Can't find anything that seems to do this.
I do actually use the beaver plugin, but I was curious about it and tried playing around with it. Could not figure it out at all. No matter what I chose, I just didn't see any difference (unlike with beaver plugin that just worked), so wondered if I was doing something wrong.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
how do you set the auto-hide rule for it? Can't find anything that seems to do this.
I do actually use the beaver plugin, but I was curious about it and tried playing around with it. Could not figure it out at all. No matter what I chose, I just didn't see any difference (unlike with beaver plugin that just worked), so wondered if I was doing something wrong.
My bad. I misread the issue. I thought the futa you meant was geso's. Geso's futa are accessories in crotch section while Dainty's is uncensor. So you can't do anything to hide it but geso's can be hidden with auto-hide rule.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Oh, cool. Didn't see geso's stuff there. As for the visibility rules, thanks! I was trying to activate it from the wrong place so of course it was never gonna work. This makes much more sense.

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
I installed VNGE, but I didn't see any VNGE buttons in my studio, here is my VNGE console log:
VNGE studio_wait_for_load...
VNGE 42.5 starting...
VNGE found autorun mod: autorun_kernel
E:\HS2 Vanilla\BepInEx\plugins\Console\Lib\scenesavestate.py:2301: SyntaxWarning: name '_sc' is assigned to before global declaration
global _sc
Timeline.dll not found.
Timeline.dll not found.
autorun 0

Start a new VN Physics application...

Start a new SSS Builder application...
Array[str]((u'\u180e', ':', '-'))
VNGE 42.5 inited!
IronPython 2.7.7rc2 (2.7.7.0) on Mono 4.0.30319.42000 (64-bit)
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
I installed VNGE, but I didn't see any VNGE buttons in my studio, here is my VNGE console log:
VNGE studio_wait_for_load...
VNGE 42.5 starting...
VNGE found autorun mod: autorun_kernel
E:\HS2 Vanilla\BepInEx\plugins\Console\Lib\scenesavestate.py:2301: SyntaxWarning: name '_sc' is assigned to before global declaration
global _sc
Timeline.dll not found.
Timeline.dll not found.
autorun 0

Start a new VN Physics application...

Start a new SSS Builder application...
Array[str]((u'\u180e', ':', '-'))
VNGE 42.5 inited!
IronPython 2.7.7rc2 (2.7.7.0) on Mono 4.0.30319.42000 (64-bit)
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
Could anybody f
Maybe this is your issue.
But why do you even name the folder as "Vanilla" by the way. It makes me think your installation isnot modded.
It was a vanilla version, then I modded it.
I was wondering"

global _sc
"this. What is "_sc" in it?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Could anybody f

It was a vanilla version, then I modded it.
I was wondering"

global _sc
"this. What is "_sc" in it?
Why don't you just get the BetterRepack anyway?
It's modded already and has everything you need including that VNGE plugin.

Reactions: Velcrofly
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote