• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tazthecat

Sep 2, 2021
Here is what i was working on. Its my first try at animating. lots of things to learn and tweaks to be made.

thanks for all the help so far.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Havent tried VNGE yet. only started recently and learning the hard way. but thanks for your reply.

So i figured out that i can get a start and end with node constraints. but it wouldnt be me if i would make things more complicated.
Now char A is swinging a sword using node constraints. works well. now char B is taking the sword away. and i release the node constraints from char A. that part seems to work now. now char B needs the node constraints, and it messes everything up.

I know its something im overlooking. so i hope some genius here can tell me.
Hey, indeed, switch to VNGE as soon as possible. The node constraint approach is a deadend. The thing came about early on and was better than nothing. VNGE is more recent (mere ~2-3 years old) and will prevent you from burning out. Right now with NC you are literally paying $1,000 for someone to make you coffee where with VNGE your coffee will be only $10.

If you want $5 coffee then you would do animation in MMD (MikuMikuDance) and then use HS2's MMD plugin to play that animation. Examples:

Search youtube for: "mmd hs2" for more.

The point there is that group animation and camera animation are the easiest of all methods available.

Reactions: tazthecat

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Havent tried VNGE yet. only started recently and learning the hard way. but thanks for your reply.

So i figured out that i can get a start and end with node constraints. but it wouldnt be me if i would make things more complicated.
Now char A is swinging a sword using node constraints. works well. now char B is taking the sword away. and i release the node constraints from char A. that part seems to work now. now char B needs the node constraints, and it messes everything up.

I know its something im overlooking. so i hope some genius here can tell me.
Just want to add to this discussion that traditional animation (or any filming for that matter) isn't done linearly. So unless you're trying to keep everything in studio and are intending to do any sort of video exporting, there's the option of doing each section independently and swapping over to an actual video software to splice it into a story. Do one animation, export, do another, export. Splice them in the order you want = full video.
Cuts, the time and tested way to avoid filming annoying stuff. :D

tazthecat

Sep 2, 2021
Hey, indeed, switch to VNGE as soon as possible. The node constraint approach is a deadend. The thing came about early on and was better than nothing. VNGE is more recent (mere ~2-3 years old) and will prevent you from burning out. Right now with NC you are literally paying $1,000 for someone to make you coffee where with VNGE your coffee will be only $10.

If you want $5 coffee then you would do animation in MMD (MikuMikuDance) and then use HS2's MMD plugin to play that animation. Examples:

Search youtube for: "mmd hs2" for more.

The point there is that group animation and camera animation are the easiest of all methods available.
Made this with VNGE like you suggested. I agree that its a bit easier, but i havent found everything yet.
I have MMDD installed, but i dont get it yet.

Thanks for your advice.

pedrogz

Mar 1, 2022
hello the patreon for the dik mode is not online, can someone share the new link or the mod, please thanks

tazthecat

Sep 2, 2021
Just want to add to this discussion that traditional animation (or any filming for that matter) isn't done linearly. So unless you're trying to keep everything in studio and are intending to do any sort of video exporting, there's the option of doing each section independently and swapping over to an actual video software to splice it into a story. Do one animation, export, do another, export. Splice them in the order you want = full video.
Cuts, the time and tested way to avoid filming annoying stuff. :D
Yeah, that will be the end goal. But like i said, i made my first 2 5 sec animations. I dont really have a script, this is just finding out what the buttons do. thanks for your input.

Unknownuser5

Dec 23, 2017
I'm having some trouble with Hooh's coom objects, they're not showing up when I search items. KKmanager says the zipmod is installed and I've tried deleting the zipmod and redownloading it but that didn't help. I have both hooh .dll files in the plugins folder so its not that. The strange thing is, when I load an old scene that has coom objects in it they work perfectly fine, they just don't show up in a search so I can't place new ones. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

pedrogz

Mar 1, 2022
I'm having some trouble with Hooh's coom objects, they're not showing up when I search items. KKmanager says the zipmod is installed and I've tried deleting the zipmod and redownloading it but that didn't help. I have both hooh .dll files in the plugins folder so its not that. The strange thing is, when I load an old scene that has coom objects in it they work perfectly fine, they just don't show up in a search so I can't place new ones. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
can you share the mod and the installation guide please

Unknownuser5

Dec 23, 2017
The mod is [hooh] Cooms v1.8.0. It's part of better repack and there isn't any sort of special installation instructions I could find.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
can you share the mod and the installation guide please
If you're looking in the "Items" menu they're really buried in there. If you are searching in the "find" menu on the left, search for "dick" not hooh. It'll be in there.
I'll also add cause I had a hell of a time figuring out how to use them, the easy way to adjust color is selecting the anim menu and adjusting the color from there BUT it won't work on all the hooh dicks. Some of them I've only been able to modify using the render editor (ctrl+r brings it up). The render editor is how you can tweak the coom assets as well. Also something I didn't know for a long time.

tazthecat

Sep 2, 2021
Now i know how to make an animation by hand, but this time im lazy, and want to use the rolling over animation in the default animations tab. Animations>char>sleep>Roll over. But i cant get it to work. can someone provide a link or guide? its really frustrating. google didnt help much.

so basically Scene1: roll over and open eyes. this shouldnt be so hard:sneaky:, Using the animations available. or should i create it custom for it to work?

How do i get the default animations to play in a scene?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Now i know how to make an animation by hand, but this time im lazy, and want to use the rolling over animation in the default animations tab. Animations>char>sleep>Roll over. But i cant get it to work. can someone provide a link or guide? its really frustrating. google didnt help much.

so basically Scene1: roll over and open eyes. this shouldnt be so hard:sneaky:, Using the animations available. or should i create it custom for it to work?

Do attach the scene file. Much easier for us to see which of the 4-10 fixes will apply. My bet is your chara is locked into PE/KE (spelling?) mode while those animations require characters not having those mods on.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

Hi!
Let me check If I have understad your idea:
You want to make an animation involving the actor/actress rolling over the bed, then in some point, stop the animation in a desired position and open the eyes?
If it so, it is possible to make it a couple of ways:
1.- making in timeline. select the actor/actress and register the animation, carefully see when do you want it to stop in time, next register a key in that period of time with speed set to zero, and next register the model to open eyes. Sadly I can not replicate my theory because i am not at my home rightow, but I remembered to make some similar i an old work I did last years.
2.- using extended VNGE options: There is a tool in VNGE that allows you to make slight changes in each scene, VNFrames is the name of the tool, with this tool you can make the model open the eyes in the same scene. VNFrames works in a limited way, only small changes, using it in complex movement could lead to errors, bugs or even crash and data lost (Hearme out, I have seen this in the past :/ ) so be aware

or you simply make an scene, do the rollover movement, then add a new scene with the camera pointing the model's face and open eyes, the speed can be controlled vai timeline.

Animation is not only do things move, it also involve some techinques, camera and angles shots, I strogly recomend to watch the 12 princiles of animation to make an idea how all this animation stuff works ;)

hope this info helps you. Keep the good work up!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote