Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
Simple? No. But you can do it by using VNGE. You can find it in the \[OPTIONAL] Mods\ folder. Install it and then press the button in the toolbar on the left. A window pops up at the bottom in which you can create a new animation. This works with keyframes. I don't think there is a proper tutorial for this tool, but with some searching you can probably figure it out. Be careful what you press though, because it has some bugs where you can't exit the interface.

Another method may be using the CTRL+N node constraints. Parent a body part to a piston gimmick for example. However, this will likely just deform the body. Hun Hunter wrote a couple of tutorials for this, but those only cover the basics.

Edit: I could write a pdf tutorial for VNGE. I'd rather do it on a dedicated wiki, but I doubt we'll ever have one of those.
That dedicated VNGE Tutorial wiki idea sounds excellent, even if it starts out small. Definitely can build on it over time as a team.

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017
Is there a way to change the clothing slot of an existing item? I want to change an item from being an "Inner Top" to be a "Tops" option.
This is the item in question: [SENA] Musashi Inner from the better repack mod.
1652762967385.png

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Is there a way to change the clothing slot of an existing item? I want to change an item from being an "Inner Top" to be a "Tops" option.
This is the item in question: [SENA] Musashi Inner from the better repack mod.
View attachment 1815201
In theory, there is a way:

I never tried it because it was too high-level for me.

May be someone is familiar enough with the system to translate this high-level approach into a step-by-step manual?

Also:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-7977372

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017
In theory, there is a way:

I never tried it because it was too high-level for me.

May be someone is familiar enough with the system to translate this high-level approach into a step-by-step manual?

Also:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-7977372
That discord link doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks though, I was hoping there was a simple solution of like, manually just changing the directory of the item or something. If its something technical I'd be hopeless at it.

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
uh...I think you linked the wrong thing dude. The link goes to male character cards, ronald macdonald and a car. I also checked the last 5 pages of that thread and didn't see anything.
Thanks for letting me know though, I'll dig around a bit and see if I find it, but if you get time can you recheck your link?
Weird, that link works for me. It's post #9604, from May 11th. The question was about moving an item from the pantyhose category to bottoms.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
uh...I think you linked the wrong thing dude. The link goes to male character cards, ronald macdonald and a car. I also checked the last 5 pages of that thread and didn't see anything.
Thanks for letting me know though, I'll dig around a bit and see if I find it, but if you get time can you recheck your link?
Here is the right link:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-8107740

The earlier link lead to page 98 before it lead to the post.

dart3798

Apr 14, 2022
Hey guys. After downloading the latest full BetterRepack for HS2 (Release 8.1), I find myself having a single problem in all scenes that have a Hooh cock in them. Basically the coloring doesnt ''work'' properly. Only the 2nd slider will change the color of the whole cock and still, it gives it a ''plastic'' look. Whereas before, the first slider would change the tip, second slider the ''body'', etc etc. The image kinda shows what Im trying to say. Ive done a second full install but the problem still persists.

I was wondering if any of you have had that problem before?
Thanks in advance!

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hey guys. After downloading the latest full BetterRepack for HS2 (Release 8.1), I find myself having a single problem in all scenes that have a Hooh cock in them. Basically the coloring doesnt ''work'' properly. Only the 2nd slider will change the color of the whole cock and still, it gives it a ''plastic'' look. Whereas before, the first slider would change the tip, second slider the ''body'', etc etc. The image kinda shows what Im trying to say. Ive done a second full install but the problem still persists.

I was wondering if any of you have had that problem before?
Thanks in advance!
Can you post the scene for us to troubleshoot?

dart3798

Apr 14, 2022
Can you post the scene for us to troubleshoot?
So the site says its too big :unsure:. I can post another one or try to zip it and see if posting it will work. Since its basically any scene that I load that has this problem, I dont think its the scene themselves who are ''wrong''.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Ok so here's an exemple where I can provide the scene, an untouched 55b scene.
I have the same, vanilla R8.1, but the scene works for me out of the box.

Let's compare notes. Press, the magnification glass on the left toolbar, type in "S-Dick". Does anything come up, like this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If yes, are your "Item Settings" the same?

Can you post a screenshot with the same menus opened up?

dart3798

Apr 14, 2022
I have the same, vanilla R8.1, but the scene works for me out of the box.

Let's compare notes. Press, the magnification glass on the left toolbar, type in "S-Dick". Does anything come up, like this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If yes, are your "Item Settings" the same?

Can you post a screenshot with the same menus opened up?
Sure thing, here's what I've got. At a glance it looks like we have the same thing showing up so far.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Sure thing, here's what I've got. At a glance it looks like we have the same thing showing up so far.
Can you go into KKManager ( hs2\[UTILITY] KKManager ) and run an update? I just checked an old scene where I had the same issue you are having now and it was fixed. May be this is due to KKManager's update that I ran at some point.

dart3798

Apr 14, 2022
Can you go into KKManager ( hs2\[UTILITY] KKManager ) and run an update? I just checked an old scene where I had the same issue you are having now and it was fixed. May be this is due to KKManager's update that I ran at some point.
so, Ive updated KKmanager itself, didnt change much, so now I am updating mods with KKmanager, however all the mods who have been found to be updated are only related to faces and stuff for the chara maker. I'll see when its done if it changed anything in studio. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
so, Ive updated KKmanager itself, didnt change much, so now I am updating mods with KKmanager, however all the mods who have been found to be updated are only related to faces and stuff for the chara maker. I'll see when its done if it changed anything in studio. Fingers crossed!
I asked your quesiton here - keep an eye on this thread:

Reactions: dart3798

dart3798

Apr 14, 2022
Try checking if you have the mod two times. I think HooH changed names a year ago, so it's possible to have two files with the updater. The current version is named scripted_cocks.zipmod and is 78645 kB. Try looking for hooh_cocks or hooh_scripted_cocks or something in your mod folder.
Thank you so much! So basically there was only a single file in my mods, but the size didnt fit the one you gave. So I just went to Hooh's patreon to get the latest scripted_cocks zipmod and simply replaced it with the current one I had in my mods.

Thanks alot! ^^

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote