4.60 star(s) 64 Votes

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
WALKTHROUGH
For everything else we got the spoilers around the thread ...
There are such simple solutions ... like the very choice not to comit Parricide !
Regardless of ”the plan” talked about, comitting paricide is still so wrong.

Wallow in your ways, you deserve it!
View attachment 4121156
Your answer is to insult me and my choices? How very nice of you, player that I had no ill will towards.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You caled yourself a ”murderer” , along with everyone who made the same choices as you.
The game seems to issue a time out penalty for the act of murder.
How am I saying anything else? Are murderers supposed to be rewarded?
Without Cass there is no coup - that is the power of your murderous choice.
There are consequences in this game for such atrocity and we all have to abide if we did the act.
Here is the proof:
us "murderers"
you killed Cass
You did the same thing Cass wanted to do - only to her.
Your answer is to insult me and my choices?
Parricide is at least frowned upon anywhere you look and it means the same thing whether it is Cass or the king.
The game put a lot of weight behind your murder path -which also means you are going yourself into the Red King prophecy. Who is next? The king if he disowned you for parricide?
The queen if she was disgusted at your action?
Your sister for disapproving?

We can all give reasosn why this or that, yet we are in full agreement that this story is already storyboarded and is running on rails.
The most easy to spot nudge in this game is the fact that MC has no real reason not to resent the king. Absolutely no reason at all.
MC got shoved off the stage by the king and is living in fear of getting killed for the king ransome on his head.
Irrelevant if this is true or not or if the king has actual guards protecting MC, he is led to believe, practically his whole life, that he is a pariah and is hunted for ransome, dead or alive. There is no way to reconcile something like that and MC and the king never ever reconcile it.

So, for all the bashing we can give the plot for beaing too much Machiavelly or Shakespeare or Game of Thrones, if we think about it for a while, MC was never meant to side with the king - ever.

Here comes the great dev who gives us the impossible option to let the whole life of fear and self loathing MC has been living all the time be water under the bridge and act like MC was at the court always, even if he has been living as a bastard for the longest of times.

We had our fun to pretend MC reconciled with the king when the plot and the story never allows for such tomfullery.

That was the red herring - you went on the made up, fan service - path of pretending not to follow a reasonable plot, of course you will find a dead end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Choosing between the girl you swore your life to and have spent actual life changing moments with and your absent father who is never there to give you the reigns like a real monarch / father would to his heir - if he ever wanted to use you for anything other than allegiance fodder for the south or the north - then you side with the absentee - that is on you fully.

Anyone who has watched Dune 2 and the duel between faid and paul - there is the answer: slight of hand and misdirection of keeping MC distracted on her face while she removes the dagger and stops the bleeding with good old plucking - sticking a finger in to stop it then letting herself drop so as not to draw attention or any of the misleading tactics of a master thief/assassin she actually is, like fake bigger clothes, so a stab on her sides or directly would get diverted by a hidden armor plate while baggy thick cloth would trap the weapon and make it seem like it did slice or impale or go through, just not her actual body, but her carefully crafter armor adn garments. This is pure fantasy, just like dune, so anything can and will be explained convincingly in the game.

Last edited:

Lazy_Monkey

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2021
Yup, LM confirmed it, if you killed Cass at the end of 0.5, this update has NOTHING for you. I am beyond devastated this is the case. Players like me now have to wait 4 months to get their story continued.

I can think of several ways us "murderers" could've participated in the Coup, regardless of if Cass was alive or not. But LM decided we don't need an update, so now he set a dangerous precedent: now I don't know if my path ends waaay before others do, and this feels like watching other kids play outside while being grounded in the house.
This is not a precedent. This will happen all the time in the future. I'm not moving the story along the routes, because in my game I don't have separate routes that don't overlap at all. The in-game story moves through time, and as in real life. For example, if you do not go to school, it does not mean that you will spend your free time in the same amount of social communication. The intensity of events in your life literally changes depending on your choices. So if you need an equal amount of content for ANY choice, I can't help you. Perhaps you should wait a serious amount of time and return to the game, for example, in version 1.0. In this case, you will not know what content was added to which version of the game and you will not feel "under house arrest while other children are playing". I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is how I plan to continue working on the game.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
This is not a precedent. This will happen all the time in the future. I'm not moving the story along the routes, because in my game I don't have separate routes that don't overlap at all. The in-game story moves through time, and as in real life. For example, if you do not go to school, it does not mean that you will spend your free time in the same amount of social communication.
It also doesn't mean I have to stay at home doing absolutely nothing. Are you telling me, if I want to get closer (romantically) to the Queen, I have to participate in the Coup? You do realize we miss some very spicy scenes with this character otherwise, how does this make sense in the grand scheme of things? Can I even romance the Queen on my path anymore? How long do I have to wait now to get the same (cunnilingus scene) scenes/progression with her?

You decided to make an update for the Coup only, and give others nothing but a few renders of a bed for us... how is that fair? We paid the same amount of money for this as they did, and we got 10% of the content, with apparently, you now saying this will happen again? Not cool, man.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
You caled yourself a ”murderer” , along with everyone who made the same choices as you.
There are consequences in this game for such atrocity and we all have to abide if we did the act.
Here is the proof:

Parricide is at least frowned upon anywhere you look and it means the same thing whether it is Cass or the king.
The game put a lot of weight behind your murder path -which also means you are going yourself into the Red King prophecy. Who is next? The king if he disowned you for parricide?
So, killing my sister because she threatened to kill everyone else in my family now means I am capable & willing to kill all the other family members for thinking I was wrong? Despite the fact, that the Queen Mother herself understands and "approves" of what I did to preserve the Golden Order. Right, fuck me for making a choice that LM gave, knowing that it will mean I get benched.

Garen

May 6, 2017
It also doesn't mean I have to stay at home doing absolutely nothing. Are you telling me, if I want to get closer (romantically) to the Queen, I have to participate in the Coup? You do realize we miss some very spicy scenes with this character otherwise, how does this make sense in the grand scheme of things? Can I even romance the Queen on my path anymore? How long do I have to wait now to get the same (cunnilingus scene) scenes/progression with her?

You decided to make an update for the Coup only, and give others nothing but a few renders of a bed for us... how is that fair? We paid the same amount of money for this as they did, and we got 10% of the content, with apparently, you now saying this will happen again? Not cool, man.
Sir this is a pirating forum

Jokes aside,
  1. It's a work-in-progress
  2. Story has extensive branching
  3. It's a 2 month update
Your expectations are disproportionate to what's being offered. How are you this tilted.

Last edited:

Lazy_Monkey

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2021
So, killing my sister because she threatened to kill everyone else in my family now means I am capable & willing to kill all the other family members for thinking I was wrong? Despite the fact, that the Queen Mother herself understands and "approves" of what I did to preserve the Golden Order. Right, fuck me for making a choice that LM gave, knowing that it will mean I get benched.
My friend... I do not condemn you for your expectations, but I think you are an adult enough to understand that expectations can be very different and from many people, I cannot fulfill them all, which means that the surest solution will be to work in the way that is сomfortable for me in the first place.

You correctly noted in my example that you do not have to stay at home at this time. But in my game world, you HAVE TO. Because as I wrote earlier, I can't work through EVERY choice. So yes. It is literally the author's canon that in the world of "Imperial Chronicles", if you
, NOTHING happened to you until the very moment 0.7.
And please, never appeal to the fact that you "paid" again, my games are free, and all donations are voluntary. If you are really so upset that I did not add content for the route you are interested in, you are free to stop supporting me. This is your legitimate and just right, which I respect.

It's all. I don't want to discuss this ever again.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Sir this is a pirating forum

Jokes aside,
  1. It's a work-in-progress
  2. Story has extensive branching
  3. It's a 2 month update
Your expectations are disproportionate to what's being offered. I honestly do not understand how you're so tilted.
That's funny, I don't remember LM saying that 0.6 will only have Coup content, and that players NOT on that path should be prepared to get nothing.

LM chose to include no content for us, not even any alternative scenes of something that might've happened during the time of the Coup. We got nothing with Queen Mother, we got nothing with Elis, we got nothing with LIa, we get nothing with nobody, while those on the coup path make a pretty serious advancement with the Queen Mother in this update.

I love this game, and the story it tells, but this was a serious blunder. The number 1 rule in interactive storytelling is "don't punish the player for giving them a choice" (getting characters in Until Dawn killed isn't a punishment, it's a consequence - there's a difference).

If I have a character walking down a bridge, and then give the players a choice "keep walking" or "stand on the ledge", where they will fall off and die in 2nd choice, is that a punishment or a consequence?

• Wow
Reactions: IRebel

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Alright, so I finished three of my playthroughs now. In my experience, it's seems the best way to keep everyone alive and potentially on your side is to not do the coup and then join it in prison. Otherwise, refusing to do it at all kills a few people. Minus your sisters and mother. Not sure what I did previously that contributed to it but they get away. The guys aren't so lucky.

As for the killing Cass stuff. I feel like she's not dead on the one from last update. There's too much hints there about her wanting MC to know the location of her body and such. However, she's 100% dead with the Isis choice. That honestly was the most satisfying one. The husband and Wife duo was pretty hot.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Speaking of half bloods. Do Dark Elves exist? I would assume some of MC and Isis children will have her skin complexion. Or would that just be considered hypothetical "Southern" Elves, if they existed? MC is half blood though, so I don't think the pairing would really make one. Since it would be mostly human. I would be surprised if they had elf ears.

That also brings me to another question. If half elves get it on with full elves, would the offspring lifespan be on par with full elves? Magic wise, we know there's really no great difference. As far as we currently know.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
This is not a precedent. This will happen all the time in the future. I'm not moving the story along the routes, because in my game I don't have separate routes that don't overlap at all. The in-game story moves through time, and as in real life. For example, if you do not go to school, it does not mean that you will spend your free time in the same amount of social communication. The intensity of events in your life literally changes depending on your choices. So if you need an equal amount of content for ANY choice, I can't help you. Perhaps you should wait a serious amount of time and return to the game, for example, in version 1.0. In this case, you will not know what content was added to which version of the game and you will not feel "under house arrest while other children are playing". I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is how I plan to continue working on the game.
If it's gonna happen all the way in this specific form whew this game has bad days ahead. Feels like you wanna make more choices for the sake of more choices but not do the actual work that comes with more branching.

You put a choice for a coup in the game, all of it leads to a similar ending in which we take the crown so they're not super dissimilar, but with all the possible deaths of main characters in the scene there are potential routes that basically have nobody in them. If there is 0 benefit or tradeoff to a particular route, nobody will do it and it might as well not exist. You're not giving anything in return. Might as well not branch there.

I mean for all that branching you don't even put the most logical of choices into the game: it is possible to both be heir and have a high enough cass relationship that she trusts you with her idea, and yet she still goes through with the coup even though you're already the goddamn heir.
The fact that Cass outright tells us she's gonna coup and the only choice you offer is to kill her rather than warn anyone is pretty ridiculous too.

What exactly is the point of all this? I enjoy your storywriting and most of the branching but this one ain't it. It's like you're showing off you're willing to go all in for no pay off.

There are a lot of choices, but they all feel very off.

it really reminds me of the last game from this dev. forced excessive branching of paths.

Agreed.

Last edited:

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
If it's gonna happen all the way in this specific form whew this game has bad days ahead. Feels like you wanna make more choices for the sake of more choices but not do the actual work that comes with more branching.

You put a choice for a coup in the game, all of it leads to a similar ending in which we take the crown so they're not super dissimilar, but with all the possible deaths of main characters in the scene there are potential routes that basically have nobody in them. If there is 0 benefit or tradeoff to a particular route, nobody will do it and it might as well not exist. You're not giving anything in return. Might as well not branch there.

What exactly is the point of all this? I enjoy your storywriting and most of the branching but this one ain't it. It's like you're showing off you're willing to go all in for no pay off.

Agreed.
Finally, someone who gets it. It looks like keeping Cass alive to ensure the Coup happens is the "canon" choice because you just get shafted with a lot of characters if you don't participate. Will the 0.7 update be focused around those that didn't have the COup happen? Of course not, because the dev himself states that "not all choices will be equally long". Which is eerily close to saying there are "game over" paths.

Reactions: IRebel

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017
Okay, there don't seem to be any complaints about softlock bugs, so I went to bed.

P.S - Guys, I read all the messages in this thread and I want to say - I will definitely try to make the game as branched as possible, but you must understand that I cannot branch the plot for ANY potential choice. It's just not possible until I reach a technological singularity and merge my mind with AI. But I will try my best! Maybe I'll implant a Neuralink in my brain.

If you think that something should be added / removed, be sure to write, I read everything. It's not a fact that I will do as you want, but for example, according to your advice, in this update I added the ability
Thanks for playing my game.
Need gallery mod and walkthrough, too many sex scenes I miss and have to use renpy rpa unlocker to see images

Reactions: Garen

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
Finally, someone who gets it. It looks like keeping Cass alive to ensure the Coup happens is the "canon" choice because you just get shafted with a lot of characters if you don't participate. Will the 0.7 update be focused around those that didn't have the COup happen? Of course not, because the dev himself states that "not all choices will be equally long". Which is eerily close to saying there are "game over" paths.
it's also worth remembering that the update was done in 2 months. only 2 months, Carl.

I've always disliked it when developers try to make every path the same length just to please all players, not because every path is explained with a solution and logic. In chapter 6 the finale is the coronation and everything leading up to it.
If we got to it by simply killing Cass right away - fine, since I felt a real difference in the solutions. Not killing Cass right away is a “movie decision”, it's illogical and in the spirit of emotional stuff: like she's my sister, I can't... etc. It leads to movie stuff like imprisonment and escape. The realistic and pragmatic solution is you killed the traitor right away, you got the coronation right away.

Also to be honest: well, what's stopping you from replaying another variant and getting the scene with the queen mother. Does that path really disgust you that much? It sounds good to me, too.

Also I liked Isis even more in this update.

Reactions: b_m_dodger

Penguin01

Jul 10, 2024
My man have you played Monkey Business, his previous game? It was exactly the same. You could say no to a character and miss tremendous amount of content and lock yourself from additional options/choises. LM percieves his games as solid projects, not as ongoing development/improvisation, he has room for whims but doesnt base his games on them. Some options lead to additional options, some to nothing. Let him cook.

Christ P Bacon

Jul 4, 2018
Here is the proof:

patricide can be beneficial for kingdom stability, The ottoman did it in middle ages to avoid bigger instability

Reactions: Filipis
4.60 star(s) 64 Votes