VN Ren'Py Imperium Bureaucracy Hero [v0.2.1] [Munitions Mori]

4.70 star(s) 34 Votes

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Played this game with majoris of Apparatchik and minoris of fortress unbarred expecting to balanced iron hand like demeanor and out of box thinking, wishing to make a play like gerald of rivia from the witcher where neutral role is strong, and that's what i get. though i don't know what experience will i get if i choose otherwise... yet.
Dude i did the same thing! thinking of going Rapport and Razor Wire next time to see how an "empathic dude who is very nervious and assumes a fight could break at any moment" gets by lol

iDiocy_49

Jul 13, 2020
I mostly agree with your opinion but got different feel from old man when playing with different facets. I think when he is giving you paperwork he really believes that work is without error ( if he thought there where errors he would not given you these easily he also made one specially copy for you to check in your free time more thoroughly and I think he has real pride in he's work and it can be seen in other playthroughs) because only facets who can find mistakes is apparatchik (Apparatchik is insane with how much trivia knowledge he has and he gets most uniqe choices with consequences which I think is very fitting) and because of these episode has very different feel in other playthroughs .

I would recommend every one to replay it with 2 facets min because they show different perspectives in different situations.
yeah you are certainly correct on this one, i had played with different facets that is not apparatchik and the result is really different not knowing the mistake really make you lean into the senior scribe more than the other, from what i've experienced it's really become a one sided decision if you don't have the apparatchik facets like this "thot" here really do these stuff just to get promote while our bro here working to bone to get where he was now, truly different experience can't wait to see this kind of thing in the future too.

Reactions: Lorenz1 and maroder

iDiocy_49

Jul 13, 2020
Dude i did the same thing! thinking of going Rapport and Razor Wire next time to see how an "empathic dude who is very nervious and assumes a fight could break at any moment" gets by lol
truly neat experience, with 2 different combination you can have another thing happening within the scenario

Reactions: Stringy Bob
Jul 23, 2018
I chose Majoris Apparatchik and Minoris Unto Dust.

It takes a bureaucrat to understand that the most terrifying thing that exists in the Galaxy of 40K is the Imperial Bureaucracy.

Continue your sacred work For the Glory of the Man-Emperor of Mankind!

Mojofajita

Aug 29, 2019
I'd just like to say that I enjoyed the dialogue. The differences in outcomes depending on your chosen background is cleverly written and I feel that the art appropriately reflects the tone of the setting. Imperium Bureaucracy Hero is one of those games that you can immerse yourself in so much that you feel empty once it ends. Props to you Mori :D

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
That concept sounds fun as hell. Please, please, give us a sister from any order.

mraowl

Apr 9, 2019
amazing gem. thank you for making this, look forward to any updates but honestly this was so refreshing i hope that at least other creators play it and are inspired

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
1650403929633.png

Unlocked

Worked on this a couple weeks ago. I am, as stated, a monkey slapping keys in Atom and I finally figured out how to make the UI not default-as-fuck. The menu is now vaguely theme-appropriate, the menus are all gothic-ky and default names are white, not green. I'll be poking away at the game's UI and general appearance as the updates roll on. A marathon not a sprint kind of deal.
Big thanks to @maroder#7487 on discord (and Patreon) for pointing out that the default puke-green Ren'Py menu actually looks pretty bad, and does a disservice for the writing inside. I mean - I wrote that last part. Sounds arrogant. But in retrospect that menu probably did a good job at turning folks away before they even got to try the writing and decide for themselves. I'm not exactly holding players hostage with the feeling of "oh god I spent 800mb downloading this I have to try a little" - my baby's lean and mean and also easy to toss. Whoops!

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
What is this heresy?
//Contacts Administratum Segmentum
------ Inquisitor Lord, Heresy has been detected.
------ Adeptus Astartes deployed

The Blood Ravens are going to need to steal confiscate this artifact for uhh....
Inspection....yeah..... inspection....

Also...
Fetch the anointing oils... the machine spirit must be tamed....
View attachment 1671104
I would understand stealing evidence of heresy to cover up one's actions.
But stealing both the evidence of heresy, and the suspect of heresy all at once, is somewhat uncommon.
Well, as long as you are useful to the Imperium of Man, and you don't borrow anything too heretical, you can carry on.

Edit:
Now that i've tested it. I do enjoy what I saw in this game so far, it does have grim dark feel of warhammer, in fact I think sex is just a nice bonus.
If the quality of writing will continue and/or improve, then we will have a very good Administratum experience on our hands.

Here's well deserved purity seal.
Purity_Seal.gif

Last edited:

LordUmbra

Jun 29, 2018
It would be quite nice if we could play as an inquisitor, maybe even a newly invested one. We could have the puritan vs radical approach. Maybe we could be undercover as a scribe with a real mission to find a rouge psyker or heretic or chaos cult formation.
Nevertheless, wanting to play something like this for quite some time now, and this game is just delightful(well no, but still).

Neo2Rus

May 16, 2022
Looks very promising. I hope you will find all strength to continue it.

- Great art-design, crude, simple, BW. Makes details stand-out.

- Interwoven inner thoughts (like in Disco Elysium, God, i wish that many others made use of it much often) that makes me both immersed and informed in current role and specifics.

- Decisions that make sense and weight.

- Optional sexual content

- An unusual POV on Warhammer Battlemace 69,000. And an adequate one, i believe.

Reactions: Necronlord3

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
- An unusual POV on Warhammer Battlemace 69,000. And an adequate one, i believe.
This is what future holds, we'll need to fork that universum since GW is now on IP hunt.
Ironic that company who took so many... "inspiration" is trying to "protect their" intellectual property.
But as always, they're their own greatest enemy.

gibmedis.jpg

4.70 star(s) 34 Votes