BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I yoinked this after seeing it... The answer.. no its not NTR. Even if shes part of hte MCs harem, she is doing a job for the MC and the MC is aware what shes doing and what lengths she will go too. Its all in his best interest or even at his command. And with a more sexually active or loyal personally, is how much it gets her through the moment. There is other context that goes into it, but we just talking it on a base level. The problem here, is that F5zone users here have invented a new NTR or misinformed what NTR is. So lets call this F95NTR. Thats the more suitable tag.
Ok, we both agree that even if she's a LI it isn't NTR. But if it's going to be done by a LI and it can't be avoided, then it's a scene I'm not going to like whether I see it or not, and it's probably going to be a reason for me to leave the game. And that without the need for it to be NTR.

There are many things that I don't like without being NTR, such as the sex scenes where guys who aren't the MC appear, not all of them are NTR but I don't like any of them.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Well in the event of Ma and Gary, Who started the game as husband and wife. I honestly feel its kind hard to show a story of husband and wife if there is no scenes between them. Its an important fact of the story. I havent finished all the content yet, but I progressed far enough to see that their relationship is starting to break down, well on the physical side. the MC is driving the wedge in there. And im assume the goal is to make Ma his.

Just part of the story that is unavoidable if you want to do it properly. Otherwise you just ask for a sideshow or a gallery.

Reactions: Nico Odin

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well in the event of Ma and Gary, Who started the game as husband and wife. I honestly feel its kind hard to show a story of husband and wife if there is no scenes between them. Its an important fact of the story. I havent finished all the content yet, but I progressed far enough to see that their relationship is starting to break down, well on the physical side. the MC is driving the wedge in there. And im assume the goal is to make Ma his.

Just part of the story that is unavoidable if you want to do it properly
I think it can be done perfectly without sex scenes, other kind of scenes aren't really a problem. And yes, they probably have sex with each other or have had it, but I really don't want to know anything about it, let alone see it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Reactions: Singer2022

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, this error message doesn't really say anything other than that an error occurred. Can you please provide more context of what happened before it triggered?
They tried to load a save from an older version and it didn't work, I've had the error too, I decided to just start over.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Let's take some "booty shorts in the neighborhood" shots from the two games to compare. All the small details in the first image not only take longer to render, but take longer for the artist to compose in the first place. Look at the grass, the bushes, the reflections and the curtains in the windows, the brick façade, and the dappled afternoon sun lighting in the scene as it filters through a tree we don't even see in the image. It's hard to compare facial expression in these two shots, but capturing or conveying the emotions on a face is some of the hardest work artists do. On the whole, the faces in In a Scent are much more expressive than most other AVNs, including the Laura games.

That's to say nothing of the writing differences. I've seen some comments in this thread that helped me realize that readers without strong English skill, and probably exposure to modern American culture, might not be able to appreciate how well written this game is. Even if it's silly, low brow humor, it's very funny, but still manages to swing into deep, thoughtful moments without giving readers whiplash.

It doesn't really make sense to compare the time to create these two games. They are two wholly different types of games.

screenshot0003.png

Last edited:

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Right on. Played those. The art is pretty good even, but seriously nowhere near the same attention to detail that you'll find in In a Scent. Let's take some "booty shorts in the neighborhood" shots from the two games to compare. All the small details in the first image not only take longer to render, but take longer for the artist to compose in the first place. Look at the grass, the bushes, the reflections and the curtains in the windows, the brick façade, and the dappled afternoon sun lighting in the scene as it filters through a tree we don't even see in the image. It's hard to compare facial expression in these two shots, but capturing or conveying the emotions on a face is some of the hardest work artists do. On the whole, the faces in In a Scent are much more expressive than most other AVNs, including the Laura games.

That's to say nothing of the writing differences. I've seen some comments in this thread that helped me realize that readers without strong English skill, and probably exposure to modern American culture, might not be able to appreciate how well written this game is. Even if it's silly, low brow humor, it's very funny, but still manages to swing into deep, thoughtful moments without giving reader's whiplash.

It doesn't really make sense to compare the time to create these two games. They are two wholly different types of games.

View attachment 2721564

If you compare this two pictures it's a very big mistake, because picture from Laura game is from the start of the game when on that time Dark Anu had weak PC and quality was 360p, now he has two powerful PC and quality increases to 1080p, so to fair compare need to select pictures from latest updates, or even better when Dark will convert soon Chapter 1 RPGM into Ren'Py where quality of renders at the start of the game will not be no longer 360p but 1080p, I believe my message was clear to understand.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
If you compare this two pictures it's a very big mistake, because picture from Laura game is from the start of the game when on that time Dark Anu had weak PC and quality was 360p, now he has two powerful PC and quality increases to 1080p, so to fair compare need to select pictures from latest updates, or even better when Dark will convert soon Chapter 1 RPGM into Ren'Py where quality of renders at the start of the game will not be no longer 360p but 1080p, I believe my message was clear to understand.
Yea, message was clear. You said there was almost no content in the update, and stated that for three months of work, it was nothing. dmgab replied that there's a lot of detail work done in this game and that the quality of the work is high. You reiterated that it's a nothing amount of work, because your friend puts out a lot more images in that period of time.

I'm suggesting that you not compare those two because they aren't in the same universe of quality. If you have an example of higher quality work in either of the Laura games that would refute my position, let's see it.

Not much content, one blowjob, one cowgirl, for almost three months is nothing.
It is easy to judge when you don't know how much work has to be done behind each update. It takes days just to render simple animations, you also have to render static images, write the script, code, and test everything. The dev is clearly skilled and has put in work to make the animations look realistic, the facial expressions of the girls are impressive and above the average VN. It's a quality-over-quantity product.
Man, I know perfectly how much time what needed to create, I have a friend who is creator, who make for three and less months update for 1500-2000 renders with tone of animations, so this is nothing, only if this project is hobby and part time job it's understandable, for almost no content.
Cool. Please share some links to your friend's work. If it's even close to as good as Domiek's, I'm sure many of us would love to see it, and maybe you friend will get some new supporters from your help.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jericho85

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Yea, message was clear. You said there was almost no content in the update, and stated that for three months of work, it was nothing. dmgab replied that there's a lot of detail work done in this game and that the quality of the work is high. You reiterated that it's a nothing amount of work, because your friend puts out a lot more images in that period of time.

I'm suggesting that you not compare those two because they aren't in the same universe of quality. If you have an example of higher quality work in either of the Laura games that would refute my position, let's see it.
For now what Dark make quality is very good, I'm not expert to compare, so again, I will not change my opinion, content is not enough, only if this is part time job and hobby and work time was not three months I am totally OK, more than.

• Angry
Reactions: Jericho85

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Comparing render count between games as a gauge of content is pretty pointless. It's not comparing apples to apples. It only makes sense to compare render count between updates of the same game.

I once did 50 renders in one day for Personal Trainer but I probably spent the same amount of time on 10 renders back then than I do now on one for In a Scent. It takes me an average of one hour to prepare each render.

The more important question is if this time investment is worth it :HideThePain:

4.70 star(s) 122 Votes