Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Anyone have issues with this AVN running in Win 11? I keep getting Ren'Py exceptions thrown at me, it's pretty annoying to have to hit the ignore on so many, they pop up every few shots. Missing attributes, memoryerror, etc. I have a top of the line PC, so I doubt it's any kind of hardware limitation. Tried compatibility mode but didn't seem to take.

The errors are pretty odd. Last one I got said there was a renpy object that had no attribute 'renpy'. And each time I restart, I don't get hit with the same errors, it's different ones each time I go through. A lot of them are attribute-type errors, but then I'll get others like the memoryerror one.

EDIT: I found that every Ren'Py game, but only every Ren'Py game (Unreal and RPGM games run fine) have consistent issues. Others tell me that a bool is not callable, so different error. It's weird because I had no problem playing those other Ren'Py games before. Not sure what could be causing the issue, but I guess it has something to do with how my PC is handling Ren'Py game nows. *shrug*

EDIT2: Using 32 exe file seems to work for the ones that give bool not callable error, and restarting the PC fixed the issue for another RenPy game. This is still the only game that consistently throws up errors, and the only one to have thrown up all kinds of random errors each time I restart the game. No idea what the issue could be, since everyone else seems to run it without a problem. I downloaded from two sources, same issues.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Anyone have issues with this AVN running in Win 11? I keep getting Ren'Py exceptions thrown at me, it's pretty annoying to have to hit the ignore on so many, they pop up every few shots. Missing attributes, memoryerror, etc. I have a top of the line PC, so I doubt it's any kind of hardware limitation. Tried compatibility mode but didn't seem to take.

The errors are pretty odd. Last one I got said there was a renpy object that had no attribute 'renpy'. And each time I restart, I don't get hit with the same errors, it's different ones each time I go through. A lot of them are attribute-type errors, but then I'll get others like the memoryerror one.

EDIT: I found that every Ren'Py game, but only every Ren'Py game (Unreal and RPGM games run fine) have consistent issues. Others tell me that a bool is not callable, so different error. It's weird because I had no problem playing those other Ren'Py games before. Not sure what could be causing the issue, but I guess it has something to do with how my PC is handling Ren'Py game nows. *shrug*

EDIT2: Using 32 exe file seems to work for the ones that give bool not callable error, and restarting the PC fixed the issue for another RenPy game. This is still the only game that consistently throws up errors, and the only one to have thrown up all kinds of random errors each time I restart the game. No idea what the issue could be, since everyone else seems to run it without a problem. I downloaded from two sources, same issues.
and why are you using win11 at the first place?
not knowing for anything better or just fully automated already? :LUL:

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
and why are you using win11 at the first place?
not knowing for anything better or just fully automated already? :LUL:
Easier for playing real video games, and because some programs really only play nicely with Windows. I already tried the Linux route a decade ago and it did not live up to the overblown promises of that community, and I don't have time for all that nonsense again, thanks. Mac doesn't support well the programs I need to use, particularly DAZ3D. Perhaps I should have stuck with Win 10, and maybe I'll change to that, but I have to confess that one AVN not working isn't going to convince me to go through that effort.

So anyway, any constructive help?

r3dSk0rp10n

Sep 13, 2021
Anyone have issues with this AVN running in Win 11?
Nope. Nothing at all. All renpy games running very smooth on a mini PC so no high end stuff here.
Are you having problems with renpy games only or with others as well? Are you using a HDD or an SSD? Try running a chkdsk, try checking your memory and most definitely try checking your windows installation for errors with a SFC /scannow command.
PS: try also disabling power saving by SHIFT + G while ingame

2LAOD

Oct 19, 2018
Easier for playing real video games, and because some programs really only play nicely with Windows. I already tried the Linux route a decade ago and it did not live up to the overblown promises of that community, and I don't have time for all that nonsense again, thanks. Mac doesn't support well the programs I need to use, particularly DAZ3D. Perhaps I should have stuck with Win 10, and maybe I'll change to that, but I have to confess that one AVN not working isn't going to convince me to go through that effort.

So anyway, any constructive help?
That was ten years ago.
Things change of course

• Angry
Reactions: Pervy Sensei
Jun 16, 2023
Domiek are you a iasip fan by any chance? Just started your game and it's off the hooks. Also, congrats on your recent good news, hope you are a great dad!

The joke about about sodomizing another man is not gay...it's just asserting dominance seems so close to a joke that happens in the show once.

Reactions: Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Domiek are you a iasip fan by any chance? Just started your game and it's off the hooks. Also, congrats on your recent good news, hope you are a great dad!

The joke about about sodomizing another man is not gay...it's just asserting dominance seems so close to a joke that happens in the show once.
I've only seen the brilliant "Because of the implication" scene.

I imagine the 'it's not gay' joke has been done countless times in one way or another because it's such an ingrained part of human history. From modern societies to the classical ones, it's never been considered gay for the person in the 'masculine role' or position of power.

There's a movie from the early 2000's about two Italian families finding out that their sons are lovers. Once the initial shock wears off, they start arguing over who's doing the actual fucking.

"Oh my God... my son.... is fucking your son?"
"...."
"No, no, no! MY son is fucking YOUR son!"

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018

I imagine the 'it's not gay' joke has been done countless times in one way or another because it's such an ingrained part of human history. From modern societies to the classical ones, it's never been considered gay for the person in the 'masculine role' or position of power.

There's a movie from the early 2000's about two Italian families finding out that their sons are lovers. Once the initial shock wears off, they start arguing over who's doing the actual fucking.

"...."
The D.E.N.N.I.S. system should make an appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: 6string420

radbaz31

Feb 23, 2023

"...."
so ....u gay ...my bad my bad :KEK:

how much left from the update

4.70 star(s) 121 Votes