Elif Stormbringer

Jun 16, 2017
I rarely comment here but damn this a good game. The story & visuals is amazing. Got me hard & came a lot. Can't wait for more content. Keep up the great work!

Dr4g0on3r

May 24, 2023
There folks should be happy, In a Scent production has began again.

I think I'm finally done with everything related to Personal Trainer, and it feels like a huge weight off of my shoulders. I've wrapped up implementing and testing achievements for Steam, and am just waiting on Steam to approve the final build. I'm a bit annoyed because Steam had already requested an earlier version of my game to verify the adult content inside, now it's asking to do so again. Hopefully they approve it quickly because the launch day is May 27th, so if they find something for me that needs to be adjusted, I will likely miss my launch day and not sure what happens after. Super annoying!

I've also started porting the skin shaders for In a Scent to the new blender principled shader. The skin shader had some issues that I was always going to have to adjust, but I had decided to wait until the new principled shader is released in order to not have to rebuild it multiple times. The differences should be minor but under certain lighting conditions it will be a big improvement.

And finally, I can now take some days to tackle the piles of mail and German bureaucracy I had stacking up while I was focusing on getting the Steam release out. On top of that, I need to figure out how to file my US taxes and what impact my living and earning in Germany has on it... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Other than that, everything's going well!
Dom

As one of your German fans, i say keep it up. I don't think i've laughed as much at a single game here as i did at in a Scent. Seriously man, this game is so hillarious.
I'm looking forward to the update.

Greetings from Bremen XD

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Some dev update news for IaS..........

It's been almost a week since the Steam release and wow, it's beating my expectations. I was getting so worried that I maybe overdid it by investing 10 months into the prep at the expense of In a Scent. I'm so relieved to tell you that the gamble has paid off and I've regained some sense of financial stability since moving across the world last year.

I ended up, with the guidance of OZ and , finally buying a NAS and am in the process of setting up proper cloud backup as well. This prompted me to dive into my countless external drives and migrate all my data to a central library. Speaking of library, I spent a few days putting a proper one together. Back in the Daz days, I spent a few days setting up a proper library for quick ease of use. At some point, Daz had a glitch and deleted the entire thing. I spent another few days setting it up again, only for Daz to once again destroy my butthole a few months later. Since then I've been anxious about creating another library.

With the NAS, data snapshots and cloud backup, I should be safe to try it again and that's exactly what I spent a few days on this week. This might seem like an insignificant thing to talk about but the new storage solution has some serious implications on my workflow.

1. Retain Saves: I can now save a blender file for every single render, which can be up to 1gb large per file. This is huge because I no longer have to make the final render immediately. I'll be able to do smaller preview renders, if everything looks good, save the file and move on. Then overnight I can batch render everything. If I discover an issue later, I can just pop open the save file, spot fix the issue and move on. There's less anxiety and time wasted worrying if the scene is really ready for the final render or not.

2. Centralized Access: There's no longer a need to rummage through external drives to try to find that one file from 6 months ago, or searching scattered assert libraries because they don't all fit on one drive.

In a Scent:
Migrating to Blender 4.1 from 3.6 has brought some much awaited big changes, which have broken some parts of the workflow, as well as presented an opportunity for tackling some of the technical debt I've been collecting.

1. Shader: I've mentioned this in a prior post but Blender has brought new changes to how some shaders work, which means I'll need to update and adjust my skin shaders accordingly.

2. Rig: Bone changes in 4.1 has broken my existing rigs.

3. Level of Detail: I'm currently using an inefficient multi-resolution setup, which is mainly used for sculpting high resolution assets, rather than using it in production. It can cause errors in both sculpting and painting. There's been a few animations where I edited out random spike artifacts out of characters in post, one frame at a time. Unfortunately, this is the best way (afaik) to bring in HD characters from Daz. Otherwise, you get that smoothed out doll like look that you may have seen in some other games, Personal Trainer's blender content included.

I think I know how to solve this problem, but it's all just a hypothesis until I do some testing.

4. Clothes: I'm currently just using the raw high resolution clothes straight out of Marvelous Designer and into Blender, with a low resolution proxy in place while I'm working the scene. This is incredibly computationally inefficient and can also result in some awkward deformations that I have to manually adjust with some workarounds involving duplications and ahhhhhhhh the file size is 1gb again. I also have an idea of how I want to tackle this, fingers crossed.

That's all from me. Geeze, I simply can't convey just how much relief I'm feeling from getting a storage and backup solution in place.

Thanks for all of the support!
Dom

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
What Steam release is he talking about? Personal Trainer? because In a Scent isn't on Steam. If it is, link it to me.

Just confused about what Steam release he's talking about.
Well, I quoted the stuff that didn't pertain to IaS, and put outside the quote the things that pertained to IaS.

And PT is now available ONLY on Steam and is no longer on Patreon, I assume IaS will be too once it gets close to the finish line.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
So, is this game good? It is on my radar for quite a while, but the overview seems a bit generic. The reviews seem nice though. Without spoiling, what are the best aspects of this game?

Also the incest patch, does it fit, or there's some text that seems odd? I like incest but when the story makes sense, hence why I'm asking. Thanks in advance.

Lilzestypoo

Jun 6, 2023
So, is this game good? It is on my radar for quite a while, but the overview seems a bit generic. The reviews seem nice though. Without spoiling, what are the best aspects of this game?

Also the incest patch, does it fit, or there's some text that seems odd? I like incest but when the story makes sense, hence why I'm asking. Thanks in advance.
yes its top tier imo, also dont use patch wtf

4.70 star(s) 122 Votes