VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.51] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
just started playing, see a pregnancy tag and hope it's true. Do you get to impregnate some of the women. Would like to know before I play through the whole thing and it doesn't happen. So far all he's doing is auto pull out, which sucks

giggitygigity

Aug 24, 2019
just started playing, see a pregnancy tag and hope it's true. Do you get to impregnate some of the women. Would like to know before I play through the whole thing and it doesn't happen. So far all he's doing is auto pull out, which sucks
Yes, someone does get pregnant later in the game (maybe around v0.26, iirc), but the childbirth didn't happen yet

Reactions: Wyrme and Vortex@

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Quests/Day 5.rpy", line 348, in script
    h1 "I think I…oh god. It’s going so deep. I haven’t...been...had it this hard in a long...oh...time."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'd5-045.mpeg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    h1 "I think I…oh god. It’s going so deep. I haven’t...been...had it this hard in a long...oh...time."
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3380, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
In For A Penny 0.30.5
Sat Aug 20 02:02:51 2022
i can visually see the d5-045.mpeg file in the folder, but it's giving me an error. I click ignore and every mpeg file is giving me an error, even though they are there in the folder

Last edited:

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of In For A Penny 0.30.5
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple and large)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Mega
Updated my Android port to v0.30.5

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3380, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
In For A Penny 0.30.5
Sat Aug 20 02:02:51 2022
i can visually see the d5-045.mpeg file in the folder, but it's giving me an error. I click ignore and every mpeg file is giving me an error, even though they are there in the folder
Shot in the dark here but...
Maybe the path where you installed the game files is too long.
"J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\"
Maybe you can move things so you only have
"J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\"

Bobbycanfly

Sep 8, 2021
I've been working my way through this game and it's kind of growing on me, to be honest. One thing that would be helpful would be either a better UI and/or perhaps character portraits when people are speaking; there are way too many women to keep track of. I guess my main gripe with the game at this point is the dialog. It's kind of hard to put in words, but it's maybe a bit too loose/free-flowing? A lot of things seem to be written in stream of consciousness. There are also a lot of "huh huh," "uh uh" and other filler words that might not get the author's meaning across in the best way (depending on how they're pronounced/inflection). I've also noticed there is quite a bit of (what I assume is) British slang, that might not translate well for some people.
That being said, I do enjoy the variety in the characters' personalities. I especially appreciate that the dev is giving variety to the nipples (something that is often overlooked).

Nicely put. The game is strange in a good way.

Reactions: Original name321

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
I've been working my way through this game and it's kind of growing on me, to be honest. One thing that would be helpful would be either a better UI and/or perhaps character portraits when people are speaking; there are way too many women to keep track of. I guess my main gripe with the game at this point is the dialog. It's kind of hard to put in words, but it's maybe a bit too loose/free-flowing? A lot of things seem to be written in stream of consciousness. There are also a lot of "huh huh," "uh uh" and other filler words that might not get the author's meaning across in the best way (depending on how they're pronounced/inflection). I've also noticed there is quite a bit of (what I assume is) British slang, that might not translate well for some people.
That being said, I do enjoy the variety in the characters' personalities. I especially appreciate that the dev is giving variety to the nipples (something that is often overlooked).
If I remember correctly, English is the creator's second language and British slang is simply what they were/are exposed to. So, that mostly translates through the text and what gives it the feeling that it does. I, personally, don't think that they should use as much slang either since slang doesn't crop up in common place conversations all the time.

As for the bits about the dialogue being loose and free-flowing, I can definitely see where you're coming from. I've often found myself mentally replacing some of the dialogue with things that are bit smoother, or at least a little less blunt and on the nose at times. Though, I honestly believe that I really shouldn't have to do that and the furthest my issues with dialogue should be very minor grammar issues.

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
Doesn't he have someone that can proofread this shit? It's packed with grammatical errors and misspellings that should be pretty damn obvious even for a non-native english speaker. Saomrthing instead of something for example is just pure lazy.

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes