VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.51] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
He needs to use notepad++ with the spell checker switched on.
It would at least catch the main spelling mistakes.

Rickarus

Nov 24, 2019
My biggest issue isn't the spelling mistakes, it's the constantly mislabeled characters. So frequently characters are called by a different character's name, sometimes only for a few lines, but other times for entire conversations or even longer, and you constantly have to use context clues to know who the characters are actually talking about. For example, when having a conversation about Allison and everyone involved is calling her "Nicole" instead. It's super confusing.

Spelling mistakes, slang and weird grammar is distracting but ultimately not that troubling (especially considering the far worse Engrish some of the adult games out there have), but in a game with over 60 characters at this point (many with similar names so it's already easy to mix some of them up), mixing up the names of the character you're talking about just makes things exponentially more confusing.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.30.5 + Partial Gallery by Ripson
Size 792 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR
Updated my android port.

DarkTrojan

Jan 24, 2018
5000 pictures 10000 mils of text 1 littel sex scene no 1 joce for MC wow you work hard Snoooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz its not a game or waht ever

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
After thinking about other feedback that I can provide, I came to conclusion that it would be a good idea for you to write down how your story has progressed so far in a sort of plot journal. What I mean by this is that you would start from the beginning of the story and write down how the story begins, what events have happened in the story, and the consequences of those events. In doing this, you can give yourself an idea of what would logically and plot-wise come next in the context of the story. If you do that, you won't struggle as much when it comes to thinking up what should come next in the story you have so far. Especially considering that a lot of the plot gives off vibes of being very much "stream of consciousness" like the dialogue as another user posted. So, that's food for thought.

Also, I really would suggest using something like grammarly to help with a lot of the issues in the text and for you to use dialogue-heavy books as a resource to see how to improve your dialogue. The reason being that while the story is shaping up to be a lot better than it was initially, the dialogue issues are what holds it back from being even better. I still find myself mentally swapping out the lines with things that make more structural sense in English and for the scene. It really is something that I feel needs to be remedied. I get that English may not be your first language, but there are tools out there to help with that. Oh! There's also the idea that someone floated about making character portraits for those who are speaking. I think that's actually a pretty good idea for you, though it would be a little more work as you'd have to go over the dialogue to make absolutely certain that every single line is properly attributed to its speaker. It would definitely be a good idea to separate the main character's thoughts from the main dialogue so you won't have to worry about closing them within parentheses/brackets.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Quests/Day 5.rpy", line 348, in script
    h1 "I think I…oh god. It’s going so deep. I haven’t...been...had it this hard in a long...oh...time."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'd5-045.mpeg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Quests/Day 5.rpy", line 348, in script
    h1 "I think I…oh god. It’s going so deep. I haven’t...been...had it this hard in a long...oh...time."
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3380, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.periodic()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "J:\02_Harem\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\InForAPenny-0.30.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'd5-045.mpeg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
In For A Penny 0.30.5
Sat Aug 20 02:02:51 2022
i can visually see the d5-045.mpeg file in the folder, but it's giving me an error. I click ignore and every mpeg file is giving me an error, even though they are there in the folder
Same issue with MPEG videos not loading, from day 5, not the previous days. Did you find a solution?

Last edited:

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
That's almost certainly causing the issue, check if the file is in the images folder, and also if it is named correctly if so.
Im having the same issue but i'm definitely not using the compressed version. Plenty of missing or misnamed images and error messages but it only crashes to desktop during the trial.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I come to trial and throws my game entirely to my desktop.
Im having the same issue but i'm definitely not using the compressed version. Plenty of missing or misnamed images and error messages but it only crashes to desktop during the trial.
So finally got around to checking this out for the first time in a while, and I indeed ran into the issue on day 6. The easiest way to solve this is to put the full file path in front of all videos. So use a program like Notepad++, search for .mpeg, and paste the full file path in front of the videos. I haven't been able to figure out why this is happening, as it doesn't affect some of the videos but affects others. So for example, you have the line:
Code:
play movie "d6-441ani.mpeg" loop
Which you would replace with:
Code:
play movie "images/Day 6/d6-441ani.mpeg" loop
I'd just go through and do that for all animations, making sure to have the correct path for the corresponding folder.

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
So finally got around to checking this out for the first time in a while, and I indeed ran into the issue on day 6. The easiest way to solve this is to put the full file path in front of all videos. So use a program like Notepad++, search for .mpeg, and paste the full file path in front of the videos. I haven't been able to figure out why this is happening, as it doesn't affect some of the videos but affects others. So for example, you have the line:
Code:
play movie "d6-441ani.mpeg" loop
Which you would replace with:
Code:
play movie "images/Day 6/d6-441ani.mpeg" loop
I'd just go through and do that for all animations, making sure to have the correct path for the corresponding folder.
For which file please? I was looking at script.rpy but it has only one live with a mpeg command. Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to this scripting thing.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
For which file please? I was looking at script.rpy but it has only one live with a mpeg command. Sorry for the dumb question but I'm new to this scripting thing.
All the animations are in the .mpeg format. Each day is a separate .rpy file. So you would go into "\game\Quests" on your computer, and for each Day X.rpy (I think the issue only affects files after Day 4 for some reason, again not sure why...),add "images/Day X/" before each .mpeg file. So you'd just do a CTRL + F and search for .mpeg and replace the "X" with whatever the day number is. Normally when something like this happens it's a pathing/naming/special character issue, but I'm not seeing any of those. Maybe I'm missing something but in the interim that works.

Reactions: Tomy75

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Wtf is mokori? Based on context, I'm guessing sex scenes?
Is a Japanese sound symbol word (gitaigo) that essentially represents the "sound" of something bulging out, usually under cloth. It is probably related to another gitaigo "mukumuku" (ムクムク) which is the sound of something rising very quickly, towering. A popular term with fans of 1980s Japanese animation, it was popularized in the manga and anime City Hunter by Tsukasa Hojo. Ryo Saeba, the main character of City Hunter, took jobs to help people in need, always on the lookout for a "mokkori chance" (in the context of the series, a chance to do something perverted with an attractive woman, such as groping her buttocks). The term basically represents the sound or concept of a penile erection. The slang term "schwing" is a close English equivalent.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of In For A Penny 0.31
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple and large)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Mega
Updated my Android port to v0.31

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes