VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.51] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
I've updated my script edits for Quests/Day17.rpy to cover the small update in 0.43. MoistSponge , please feel free to use these with my blessing. This round of fixes was mainly just fixing the John -> [player_name] replacements, and a few minor typos like in-from -> inform.

If anyone has time to double check and see if these are worthwhile, I'd greatly appreciate extracting them and doing a quick spot check throughout the game days.

Zip file contents:

Code:
game/
  script.rpy
  Quests/
    Day1.rpy
    Day2.rpy
    Day3.rpy
    Day4.rpy
    Day5.rpy
    Day6.rpy
    Day7.rpy
    Day8.rpy
    Day9.rpy
    Day10.rpy
    Day11.rpy
    Day12.rpy
    Day13.rpy
    Day14.rpy
    Day15.rpy
    Day16.rpy
    Day17.rpy

Reactions: Zzzob

BRyoung77

Apr 2, 2020
I love this game a lot but theres some serious errors with the dialogues in the latest release the refer to his default name all the time at the end scene instead of the name you give him and one time when selena is talking it says stacy instead.

PapaChulo

Jul 12, 2020
I love this game a lot but theres some serious errors with the dialogues in the latest release the refer to his default name all the time at the end scene instead of the name you give him and one time when selena is talking it says stacy instead.
I caught those too, MC's name I figured if you're starting from picking the day rather than a save, it might go to default name, doesn't explain Stacy.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
I caught those too, MC's name I figured if you're starting from picking the day rather than a save, it might go to default name, doesn't explain Stacy.
Nah.

On every day there is a configuration at the top of the rpy file that says:

Code:
if player_name=""      # I.e. blank/not set
  player_name="John"   # Set to default name
This wasn't the player_name variable defaulting to John though. It was just hardcoded text "John". Literally in the script it was things like "What do you think John would like?" vs. "What do you think [player_name] would like?"

I'm guessing that the dev just leaves the name as default during QA, so isn't catching the placeholder name text not being correctly set to variables instead.

As for the Selena vs. Stacy thing. It's just the character tag at the beginning of the line:

The lines were something like:

Code:
s5 "Hello"              # Selena = s5
s4 "I didn't know that" # Stacey = s4
s5 "etc."               # Back to s5 aka Selena again
It was just fat-fingered typing. 4 and 5 are pretty close together on the keyboard.

Last edited:

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
Spelling is still pretty sad. Aloud means it can be heard , Allowed means you have permission to do something.
I spent several hours fixing other typos and usage errors, but completely missed those! lol Updated the scripts pack above to fix the 3 instances of aloud -> allowed in script.rpy, Day 12.rpy, and Day 14.rpy.

Wish I knew if MoistSponge even visits these forums anymore. Last activity for the account was shown as 2022. I was hoping to contribute back to a game I have enjoyed. But now I'm wondering if it was pointless.

ghostav

Feb 9, 2020
Here's my Gallery Mod for In For A Penny v0.36
(Updated)

Not an update but an error fix so that the gallery is functional with latest version
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: The Gallery button appears on the save menu. And I'll only update the mod when there are enough scenes.
Will it be updated?

noizeboy04

Apr 16, 2019
I Have enjoyed the game. it is funny quirky but unfortunately I am tired of not being able to load from an existing save and constantly having to replay the entire game. Every single time i try to load a save. I get an error and this update even the calender isn't working. sorry but I will be deleting the game and not playing anymore.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
I Have enjoyed the game. it is funny quirky but unfortunately I am tired of not being able to load from an existing save and constantly having to replay the entire game. Every single time i try to load a save. I get an error and this update even the calender isn't working. sorry but I will be deleting the game and not playing anymore.
Do you mean you have 0.42 saves that don't work with 0.43? We know that 0.42 broke older saves. I had not had an issue with saves breaking in recent updates prior to that. It's believed that a Renpy upgrade lead to the save problem in 0.42. Don't expect any saves from 0.41 or earlier to start working again.

I didn't happen to play 0.42, and I had no issue using the calendar to start day 17 over when playing 0.43. I'll note that I didn't try to jump to any other days.

Personally, I felt that day 17 contained some major progress with the storyline and explaining what's been going on. Seems like a bad time to leave.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.43

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Mega
PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 1.1 GiB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Reactions: panda0012345
Feb 15, 2018
This is one of my favorite stories on here but every other aspect makes it so hard to like. Why is there music in the main menu and then silence for the rest? Why is it one of the most poorly edited things on this site, far worse than even games that just throw it all in a translator and move on? It's like they intentionally tried to use every homophone and made sure they picked the wrong one every time. Does anyone out there like Robyn's look?

But then there's Sister Anne, who makes it all (mostly) worth it.

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
It's already the 15th, the last release should not be released (0.44)
Do I think it was 15 days for the public release, or has that already changed?

stormtiger

Mar 22, 2020
Should be dropped by the Dev by the end of the weekend. It has been released by the end of the weekend 15 days after first Patreon post of a new version. This is from my past experience here.

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes