VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.54] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 58 Votes
Feb 15, 2018
Man this dev needs an editor so bad. Hell I would do it for them. "We also added a new spelling check" I kind of doubt there's a "we," because all of these mistakes are emblematic of one person who typed fast and hasn't yet read over their work. It definitely doesn't read like something that has had two+ pairs of eyes on it. Which is disappointing, because I really like this wacky story, and I want it to be less full of easy to fix errors.

Examples of the mistakes from a single scene (the baptism/initiation):
"To become a devoted sister tot eh Master" - lots of scrambled errors like this, presumably from fast typing and not reading it back
"Master will stand roughly where Master is stood now" - lots of awkward phrasing like this
"re emerging as your Masters cum slut" - no dashes or possessive apostrophes, this is nitpicky and isn't that big a deal

But the larger mistakes that really take the reader out of the story:
Characters are constantly misplaced, either in dialogue or actual models. It would say Sister Karen when Irina was talking, Sister Emma and Sister Karen when Daisy was talking, and Sister Jasmin's model would randomly take Brittany's place during the "baptism."

Also this is more of a personal preference thing, but for an erotic VN, it's weird that scenes like that have him repeatedly simply place his dick and finish, a decidedly unsexy route, rather than blowjobs, sex, or something similar. I think if you're making a sexy story, and the story is getting in the way of the sexy, then what's the point? The author is certainly aware of this, the MC notes "I feel like a conveyor belt worker. Nun, cock in, cum, next nun, insert, cum, next nun..." but I just can't figure out what purpose it serves besides, at best, setting up some future story beat.

Reactions: hentai charley

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
I'm really liking the game. There's a good diversity of characters and there's enough plot to make it interesting, but not a stretched-out soap opera. I'm as much of a fan of the VN approach- I'm left with NOTHING to do except click the mouse. It would be nice to be able to do some exploring and be able to choose at least the order that I talk to the chicks occasionally.

Some bugs that I've found to the end of the Family Introduction:
- When at the trailer to meet Crystal's family, Cindy says she's with "Courtney" & Courtney is shown, but the captions read "Casey". You actually meet Casey at the Spa (she's the one who faints).
- It's "coliseum" at first, but becomes "Colosseum" in the descriptions.
- Sister Helen is introduced as "Helena" and in captions, but remains "Helen" when being referred to.
- Hanako's card reads as "Haruka".
- Kelly is called "Sgt." by Kelcey, but her mother refers to her as "Warrant Officer, 1st Class".
- The various Sisters' names are all over the place in their scenes, particularly in the Kitchen incident. For instance, the blonde masturbating on the kitchen table is called Karen, but in the voyeur scene in the Office Karen is a brunette.
- Alice talks about following "Sally" to the meeting, when obviously "Rose" is meant. [This could have been an interesting point- that she can't tell the difference (remember they ARE twins!).] BTW, Alice looks a LOT better in her blue outfit! (And the orange one is HOT, too! Great legs!)
- No card for Ophelia or any others of the later conquests?

Glitch:
- There was no apparent way to get OUT of the "Mental Notes" section and I had to reboot.

Scientific errors:
- According to current stellar theory, Sol is not massive enough to become a supernova. It will become a Red Giant, expanding to at least the orbit of Venus, perhaps even engulfing Earth. The timescale is believed to be about 5-10 Billion years from now. But way before then, Earth will become uninhabitable as the oceans boil away 1-2 Billion years from now. (Ignoring the likelihood of any future Planetary Engineering.)
- The dinosaurs (other the avian line) became extinct around 60-65 million years ago. (Currently, you'll usually see "62-63 MYA".) Yes, I realize MC is NOT a Paleontologist or even a Geologist. I just thought to throw the figure out for comparison purposes.
- Yes, Alice, walruses can drown. They are air-breathing mammals. Polar Bears often catch Walruses and Seals by ambushing them at their regular breathing holes.

Sorry about seeming like a nitpicker. I have been enjoying the game and look forward to future updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: pachinko jones

caosleyton

Jul 31, 2017
I really wanted to get into this game because I really liked the premise. Guy has a couple of hot aliens throw him into a world of super busty milfs and their daughters, looking to fuck his brains out. But then I quickly learn that the guy is just not that interested in most of these many enhanced babes. I keep checking back to see if they have won him over yet. I'm guessing they are starting to get there?
tbh the main character is just a dude that just wants to be left alone that has all these problems flung at him, there was one h scene from ware i left off to the end and it wasn't that exciting mc just did it because it was what she wanted. it has to do with him wanting to be left alone and having other peoples problems flung at him he's essentially a people pleaser. but for me, what drags me in is the story the sheer drama that goes on within it. for me personally i prefer long story driven games, not slow burn that just blue ball you but a well written story

Reactions: clowns234

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
(in front of MC's new house, M&M fighting)
MADDIE: "(MC)! How did the case go?"
ROSE [sic]: "Good, I had sex with Rachel."

What is wrong with this exchange?

CHELSEA: "Oh, who (did MC have sex with earlier)?"
MC: "Nicole. She came to my office with Diane."

Isn't Nicole the actress? The same error is repeated a bit later.

(Sister Anne's Office) Karen's back to being a blonde, I see.
[Ok, this one is explained later.]

More:
- Around the time of the "murder" investigation, Hanako's family gets completely screwed up. Hinato (or whichever) even has a few lines at Penny's house.
- Cindy's family name is "Lomax" on, but Crystal refers to them as "Cabbot women". (Perhaps that's the maternal line?)
- Hmmmmm. Does the song that Crystal is singing have any sort of relevance? [Not that she has THAT much of a resemblance to DP, other than big tits. And being blonde (but DP's is a wig).]
- My father grew roses in the same rows in the same backyard for nearly 30 years and won Rose Show after Rose Show. He even won the National Grand Floral Sweepstakes in 1976. He did add fertilizer every year, but Nyx is talking about something completely different now, isn't she?
- The skeletons in the 1963 Jason and the Argonauts are NOT Claymation (Will Vinton's trademarked process), but Ray Harryhausen's DynaMation stop-motion of articulated models. Please correct THIS, if Nothing Else: the inaccuracy does an undeserved disservice to RH!
- I LOVE Athena's t-shirt & Aphrodite's cheerleading outfit! In general, most of the chick's outfits are Fantastic!
- Is the fact that the only male skeleton has the same name as Jessica's husband significant, just coincidence or an oversight?

BTW- Damn, they ALL are Nuts!

Last edited:

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
I'd like it if you'd compile a list of devs and where they're from, then cross reference that.

People suck at English, much more often if they don't speak it natively. It just doesn't bother English speakers because we're used to people learning the language and making mistakes.
I've heard from several people that would know firsthand that English is one of the easiest languages to learn as a FIRST language, but one of the most difficult to learn as a SECOND language.

Last edited:

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Wait...am I forgetting something? When was Val introduced? I don't remember anything about that or finding out she was at the lake cabin o_O
She was mentioned briefly by Athena when she was explaining their presence on the ship, but the confrontation in the Western Town was her first actual appearance that I caught. (Although I do suspect that she was the "presence" that MC feels at the cabin- there is a brief glimpse of someone inside the cabin watching him when he pulls out the sword.)

If you mean her "Kerry" avatar, she's already Debbie's partner at Debbie's first appearance after that scene. MC doesn't seem to recognize her at first but has figured it out by their interview at the cabin.

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
i have not finished playing the entire game of V0.33 yet but so far i love it, Very funny at times and have a good storie, i was a little put off by the gigantic tits and mc dick at first but i think the funny storie saved that part for me :D

SoftheW

May 26, 2020
I desperately need the Android port. Because, like the previous update, playing it on Android with Joyplay at a certain scene the game freezes. So I need it to bypass that scene.
Please.

SoftheW

May 26, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.33 + Gallery by @ripson#0021
Size 796 MiB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)
Mega

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR
Thanks

SoftheW

May 26, 2020
To MoistSponge.

Did you change anything in the way you do animations?
Since the previous update (0.32) the game freezes right before the animations, while previously it had never given me any problems.
0.32 at the scene with the clown.
0.33 when the MC has his cock buried between Jane's boobs.

I play pc version on android with Joiplay. I've tried different versions of the program and the plugin, both on android 10 and 11, but it always does the same.

Dralich

Jun 9, 2022
She was mentioned briefly by Athena when she was explaining their presence on the ship, but the confrontation in the Western Town was her first actual appearance that I caught. (Although I do suspect that she was the "presence" that MC feels at the cabin- there is a brief glimpse of someone inside the cabin watching him when he pulls out the sword.)

If you mean her "Kerry" avatar, she's already Debbie's partner at Debbie's first appearance after that scene. MC doesn't seem to recognize her at first but has figured it out by their interview at the cabin.
Val also appears when Nyx is trying to take over the ship. She appears when thy are in the western town from the beginning of the game.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Val also appears when Nyx is trying to take over the ship. She appears when thy are in the western town from the beginning of the game.
That's what I meant by "the confrontation in the Western Town". I was trying to avoid too-overt spoilers.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of In For A Penny 0.34
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple and large)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Mega
Updated my Android port to 0.34

3.50 star(s) 58 Votes