Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, wow! And you said that a dick pic popped up at the time of that text from Abby? That would explain it---the event begins when you receive that text.
Wait, so... It's supposed to just immediately jump to it?

That never happened to me, no. Is there a way to manually force it to happen? I'm hoping once I start the event chain I'll be able to continue it.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Wait, so... It's supposed to just immediately jump to it?

That never happened to me, no. Is there a way to manually force it to happen? I'm hoping once I start the event chain I'll be able to continue it.
My mistake... Once you receive the first text, you should see a link appear in your apartment's living room and on the street outside that says "Hang out with Abby." Either of these links will start the scene.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
My mistake... Once you receive the first text, you should see a link appear in your apartment's living room and on the street outside that says "Hang out with Abby." Either of these links will start the scene.
I see. Well, I don't see either of those links, but I see how it works. That matches closer what I could piece together from the code in the file.

Apparently my save is just fuckled I guess.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I see. Well, I don't see either of those links, but I see how it works. That matches closer what I could piece together from the code in the file.

Apparently my save is just fuckled I guess.
Did you start the game new with this version, or did you load a save from a previous version? (If you are seeing the phone, I assume that it is a new game, but I have to ask....)

If it still doesn't work, the bug fix version should be coming out later today/tonight, so it might just be more worth it to download that and start over. I have already addressed the issue where the dick pic texts "bump" the important, event-linked texts. Hopefully, that does the trick.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll wait for the newer version, honestly. I can always just pop one of the saves into saveditor and give myself a million dollars if I can't be arsed to start from scratch again.
Although the grind to get to sluttery is a bit real too. Probably best to not modify anything though if I can, at least until I'm past this trigger.

Reactions: Surprise & Delight

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I think I'll wait for the newer version, honestly. I can always just pop one of the saves into saveditor and give myself a million dollars if I can't be arsed to start from scratch again.
Although the grind to get to sluttery is a bit real too. Probably best to not modify anything though if I can, at least until I'm past this trigger.
Thanks for your patience. This is a work in progress, and we are always looking for ways to improve the experience. Thanks again for all of the positive feedback, as well.

nemezisss

Jul 15, 2017
There are a few image files that cannot be loaded for us (probably few) Linux users. One example is images/worktips.jpg, but the file on disk is actually images/worktips.JPG (not the uppercase extension). In 0.4.0, I count 37 JPGs, MP4s and MOVs.

In case you didn't know, in Linux, files names (and extensions) are case-sensitive, so File1.JPG and file1.jpg are 2 distinct files (and can in fact coexist side by side).

It should be easy enough to ensure that all file names are consistent (IMHO, file names and extension look better in lowercase anyway.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
There are a few image files that cannot be loaded for us (probably few) Linux users. One example is images/worktips.jpg, but the file on disk is actually images/worktips.JPG (not the uppercase extension). In 0.4.0, I count 37 JPGs, MP4s and MOVs.

In case you didn't know, in Linux, files names (and extensions) are case-sensitive, so File1.JPG and file1.jpg are 2 distinct files (and can in fact coexist side by side).

It should be easy enough to ensure that all file names are consistent (IMHO, file names and extension look better in lowercase anyway.
My apologies---I thought I had caught all instances of this. I will try to remedy the issue in the update. (Just waiting on some testing to be finished, should be ought today or tomorrow.)

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Is there a reason why dev dad doesn't show up at the bar at 8pm?
From your message, I assume that you attempted to manually travel to the bar at 8pm. This perhaps could be more clear---it's not (necessarily) the same bar. You have to get yourself ready in your apartment before the date, then there will be a link to meet him for the date that appears there.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Hello,

I have a big problem with the Shaun storyline. I'm at 78 Friendship and 81 Attraction (yeah, I farmed them in the hope of getting the next step), but the only tip for the storyline is "I should continue to improve my relationship with Shaun."

I've seen elsewhere that I have to meet him twice in the kitchen on Saturday night, and that the second one is supposed to be concluded by an invite and a kiss... and I get none of that.

I just have the "chat" option. Can someone explain to me what I have to do? Is there a special cloth combination required?

I am also stuck with the James storyline, with this tip: "I went out on the date with James... Not really sure where this is headed.... I guess time will tell?". It's been a looong time since I heard about him since this date... I've tried going back to the coffee shop (and the bar, just in case), but I never meet him again. Here again, a little help would be appreciated. :)

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Daulas, I've explained how to trigger it on Discord in the ihoh-talk thread
I've gone and read it (thanks for the information, by the way, though I'm not much of a Discord user), but... I don't have any "flirt" option with Shaun on the Saturday night encounter, just "chat". Or is the chat enough? It's true that "I" am currently waking after 9am, so I'll change that and play and see.

Ritchie0069

Oct 23, 2020
I've gone and read it (thanks for the information, by the way, though I'm not much of a Discord user), but... I don't have any "flirt" option with Shaun on the Saturday night encounter, just "chat". Or is the chat enough? It's true that "I" am currently waking after 9am, so I'll change that and play and see.
It's the second Saturday at 2:00am that you'll get the flirt option (this has been a while back, memory !!!!)

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
It's the second Saturday at 2:00am that you'll get the flirt option (this has been a while back, memory !!!!)
No, on the second Saturday, I only had a chat option, that ended with nothing more than "Leave the kitchen" (with no kiss or anything), that was precisely my problem with what was indicated on Discord. But just chatting was enough as, the next Wedsneday (after I changed at what time I was awake AND in my bedroom), I got Shaun's visit. Apparently, I had managed to organise my day in such a way that I missed both his trigger events and James' (as I can easily meet him at 11am at the cafe, but not at 6-8pm, which was when I usually tried it)...

Ritchie0069

Oct 23, 2020
hum, maybe try to flirt with him at night and talk to him too click on all the options - I don't remember/know what really triggered it.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
hum, maybe try to flirt with him at night and talk to him too click on all the options - I don't remember/know what really triggered it.
As I mentioned in my first post, I was at 78 Friendship and 81 Attraction and I still only had a "chat" option. But, anyway, as said in my previous reply, it activated nevertheless on the next Wednesday. I think that, in the Discord help, the "flirt" part should be removed and it should simply say you have to speak to him twice on a Saturday night AND be awake and in your room before 9am the next Wednesday. This "flirt option" part is why I felt there was a problem.

2.90 star(s) 29 Votes