3.70 star(s) 38 Votes

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I have a problem... I'm in windows 64 bits but when I click the file it doesn't open... Like, I just click it but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
So i had some issues getting the persistence file to work consistently after moving it between IWH folders
i assume something changed
BUT
i did have success moving the entire folder, SO HERES THE PIRATE EDITION!
if anyone has the extras patch, let me know.

I also noticed the preview CGs included a unincluded scene, i assume for the next update

Last edited:

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
So i had some issues getting the persistence file to work consistently after moving it between IWH folders
BUT

1660163645358.png

• Haha
Reactions: SquiggleBoom

mostafaqw

Sep 1, 2021
BUT

thank you alot my man you are a hero

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
I've had passwords work for awhile, then stop working
it works online, till the password stops working, then your stuck back where you started.
i assume he watches password leaks, and changes stuff as needed

rule of thumb, offline is safer longterm
online works for a unknown amount of time, but looking at this chat
passwords stop working fairly quick

Devious

Jul 20, 2017
Did you find the solution or something? I really don't know what it could be, I have directx and opengl and everything installed, nothing should fail i guess
Did you rename the folder? Also, make sure the file path isn’t too long either since that can, in some circumstances, make Ren’py unable to run.

If it still doesn’t work, then try holding shift while launching the exe, and make sure to keep holding down shift. If you did it right and there's nothing wrong with the files then you should now be able to see this screen:
Screenshot_1.png
Try changing the renderer to ANGLE2 if it's set to something else.

Reactions: Aereon1104

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Did you rename the folder? Also, make sure the file path isn’t too long either since that can, in some circumstances, make Ren’py unable to run.
its located on desktop... I will try it

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019

If it still doesn’t work, then try holding shift while launching the exe, and make sure to keep holding down shift. If you did it right and there's nothing wrong with the files then you should now be able to see this screen:
View attachment 1977586
Try changing the renderer to ANGLE2 if it's set to something else.
Does not work.
The game does not run at all.

Devious

Jul 20, 2017
Does not work.
The game does not run at all.
When you held shift, and tried launching the exe, nothing happened? Make sure to hold shift down the entire time, even after double clicking.

You’ve said other Ren’py games work, but could you verify if you’ve got any other Ren’py 8 games around and see if those are working? Most Ren’py VNs run on Ren’py 7, but Ren’py 8 officially released June 26th 2022 and this is one of the first VNs on F95 that I’ve seen using it, so there could be something on your system messing with the new version’s ability to run.

Like Aereon said below, you can try running the Ren’py 8 SDK test game to see if it’s an issue specific to IWH, or if it applies to all of Ren’py 8.

Last edited:

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
When you held shift, and tried launching the exe, nothing happened? Make sure to hold shift down the entire time, even after double clicking.

You’ve said other Ren’py games work, but could you verify if you’ve got any other Ren’py 8 games around and see if those are working? Most Ren’py VNs run on Ren’py 7, but Ren’py 8 officially released June 26th 2022 and this is one of the first VNs on F95 that I’ve seen using it, so there could be something on your system messing with the new version’s ability to run.
What if he try to download the sdk from renpy.org ? it comes with a test game

Reactions: Devious
3.70 star(s) 38 Votes