3.70 star(s) 38 Votes

yoyobante

Apr 24, 2022
When you held shift, and tried launching the exe, nothing happened? Make sure to hold shift down the entire time, even after double clicking.

You’ve said other Ren’py games work, but could you verify if you’ve got any other Ren’py 8 games around and see if those are working? Most Ren’py VNs run on Ren’py 7, but Ren’py 8 officially released June 26th 2022 and this is one of the first VNs on F95 that I’ve seen using it, so there could be something on your system messing with the new version’s ability to run.

Like Aereon said below, you can try running the Ren’py 8 SDK test game to see if it’s an issue specific to IWH, or if it applies to all of Ren’py 8.

I tried this method the renpy demo works for me fine but iwh is not just starting in my pc

Devious

Jul 20, 2017
I tried this method the renpy demo works for me fine but iwh is not just starting in my pc
So you were able to get to this screen in the SDK?
Screenshot_1.png
If you were able to, then Ren'py 8 works for you, but something in IWH doesn't.
You should also try placing IWH's folder on your desktop, just to make sure it isn't a file path issue.

Reactions: Aereon1104

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
Currently ive noticed sometimes the piracy release fails to run, and i found 2 ways that seem to fix it

IF YOU RAN IT ONLINE FIRST WITHOUT THE BELOW TWO METHODS AND ITS FAILING
DELETE THE HANA FOLDER AND TAKE IT FRESH FROM THE RAR FILE
DELETE THE PERSISTANCE FILE IN C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\IndecentWifeHanaDemo-1640661293

Method 1: have you tried turning it off and on again?

Step 1: disconnect from the internet
Step 2: click start, skip to new content, get the internet required error, close the game
Step 3: Connect to the internet, and see if it works after ()

(for some reason running it offline seems to fix it not working when online the first time)

Method 2: Manually moving the Save File (id suggest copy pasting the 2nd step)
Step 1: copy the file "persistent" in the folder Indecent-Wife-Hana-0.11.1-Pirate-PC\game\saves\
Step 2: paste it to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\IndecentWifeHanaDemo-1640661293
Step 3: run the game while online, and it should work.

Anon files is giving me an error so im unable to upload the rar with this text file in it
let me know if this fixxes it for people

Last edited:

Reficul

Jul 4, 2017
I quite enjoy the characters and the graphics, but so far there has only been cuckolding and in my opinion basically no actual swinging, yet.
Yuuma is super cute, so I actually like his scenes, but I would personally much prefer the option of husband MC and him in an MMF with Hana, instead of having all these issues with trust and secrecy. Currently, it really feels like it will turn into full NTR, but maybe we will still get to make the decision on how to progress further in a future update.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I quite enjoy the characters and the graphics, but so far there has only been cuckolding and in my opinion basically no actual swinging, yet.
Yuuma is super cute, so I actually like his scenes, but I would personally much prefer the option of husband MC and him in an MMF with Hana, instead of having all these issues with trust and secrecy. Currently, it really feels like it will turn into full NTR, but maybe we will still get to make the decision on how to progress further in a future update.
The Dev continues to maintain that there will be no cheating (no cheating as in she will do nothing she feels will hurt her hubby), hence no NTR.
BTW, I also hope that the MC will take a more active role on the path that Hana is leading him down.

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
Why doesn't the game start?
no idea, a few people have mentioned the game not starting, i assume the public one wont start for you either

i think someone said something about it using a new version of renpy which might cause issues, but idk much about Renpy

Last edited:

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
no idea, a few people have mentioned the game not starting, i assume the public one wont start for you either

i think someone said something about it using a new version of renpy which might cause issues, but idk much about Renpy
Renpy 8 dropped 32-bit support. I guess most people who can't start the game don't have a 64-bit operating system...
1660523696596.png

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Renpy 8 dropped 32-bit support. I guess most people who can't start the game don't have a 64-bit operating system...
View attachment 1984906
Wrong, I have 64-bit OS but still cant start the game.
If you look at Renpy website, renpy 8 first release is only a month ago and still constantly beeing updated.
In other words, its not even stable.
Source :

For the dev to use this version of renpy is quite bold.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Wrong, I have 64-bit OS but still cant start the game.
I said I guess this would be a problem for most people who don't have a 64-bit OS, what's wrong about that... ^^
(Also you linked 8.0.2, the game uses still 8.0.0...)

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
I said I guess this would be a problem for most people who don't have a 64-bit OS, what's wrong about that... ^^
(Also you linked 8.0.2, the game uses still 8.0.0...)
Ren'Py 8.0.2 "Heck Freezes Over" was released on August 14, 2022, that yesterday.
While Ren'Py 8.0.0 was released on 26 Jun 2022, only a little bit over a month ago.

Aug 12, 2022
I really like Hana, I feel this is the first time ive seen the female character take the lead with all the sharing thing, she knows she's in control and that's so hot, the problem for me at least, is that its still so vanilla, and I mean, I get it, that's the whole point of this, but I'd really like seeing the story take some not-so-dark-but-still dark path, like, I know there's a point where u get to choose whether to watch the phone or not, and I feel that could be a great turning point for that, and still letting the player choose to go that way or not, idk still really enjoying this game.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Ren'Py 8.0.2 "Heck Freezes Over" was released on August 14, 2022, that yesterday.
While Ren'Py 8.0.0 was released on 26 Jun 2022, only a little bit over a month ago.
Thanks, but I can read... This doesn't change the fact that 0.10 and 0.11 of this game still use version 8.0.0 of renpy... ^^

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks, but I can read... This doesn't change the fact that 0.10 and 0.11 of this game still use version 8.0.0 of renpy... ^^
The problem is, WHY would the dev choose renpy 8 like, at all?
If you read their (repny) forum, there's soo many complain about error by multiple game's dev, hence the patch.
Can't they just wait until that version stable?
This is prove that the dev choose security over quality.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
The problem is, WHY would the dev choose renpy 8 like, at all?
If you read their (repny) forum, there's soo many complain about error by multiple game's dev, hence the patch.
Can't they just wait until that version stable?
This is prove that the dev choose security over quality.
Why? I can only guess, but let me tell you a few things about the game first.
- The dev chose to change the headers of rpa and rpyc files to make extracting/decompiling of the game files harder
- Some code to access the console was removed
- There's a "protection" system which deletes files in the game folder under certain circumstances to prohibit modification
- The patreon version comes with an online check (which doesn't work in a few countries, because google is not available everywhere)
- The code for the newest content in the patreon version is not in the game, but get's "downloaded" after entering a password
So if you ask me why the dev chose Renpy 8... I would say the dev did it, because there was no decompiler ready when it came out at first...

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Why? I can only guess, but let me tell you a few things about the game first.
- The dev chose to change the headers of rpa and rpyc files to make extracting/decompiling of the game files harder
- Some code to access the console was removed
- There's a "protection" system which deletes files in the game folder under certain circumstances to prohibit modification
- The patreon version comes with an online check (which doesn't work in a few countries, because google is not available everywhere)
- The code for the newest content in the patreon version is not in the game, but get's "downloaded" after entering a password
So if you ask me why the dev chose Renpy 8... I would say the dev did it, because there was no decompiler ready when it came out at first...
All the points you said, are just for the increase of the game's security at the expense of its quality.
Notice most dev (99% of them) does not even glance at renpy 8 (yet)? Because they knew better.
So yeah, I stand corrected.

mbmn

May 6, 2022
The biggest problem in this game is the massive cliffhangers. A good story should have several stages with each successive expanding the previous one.

3.70 star(s) 38 Votes