Deleted member 824785

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone.

Dob here :)

Its been a while.

I've been really unwell for the past few months and I've only just got out of hospital. My health is dramatically better, my family is healthy, safe and secure, financially I'm doing okay. But most importantly I'm ready to start my game design again.

I've had quite a think on the direction where I want to go.
I love Inertia, the story and characters I've created. There's a lot of potential and unused scripts/scenes that I want to implement to see the game grow... In saying this I'm going to be continuing Inertia but at the same time something new may spike my creative flow.

I'm thinking of working on a new project behind the scene which I was visioning in my head while I was in hospital. It will involve all characters from the game but will be a male protagonist lead instead. I know this may lose a lot fans and players but I still will give you opportunities to choose options for the females, so in a sense multi protag.

This is something I need to dwell over with the next few days and I'd love any input.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that Renders have always been my strong point, grammar and creating a story... not so much. I wanted to ask if there was anyone willing to work alongside me, understand my ideas/visions and help script write Inertia.

I'm happy to be back and I hope everyone has been keeping safe and healthy during these strange times :).

- Dob.

Last edited:

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Hi everyone.

Dob here :)

Its been a while.

I've been really unwell for the past few months and I've only just got out of hospital. My health is dramatically better, my family is healthy, safe and secure, financially I'm doing okay. But most importantly I'm ready to start my game design again.

I've had quite a think on the direction where I want to go.
I love Inertia, the story and characters I've created. There's a lot of potential and unused scripts/scenes that I want to implement to see the game grow... In saying this I'm considering continuing Inertia but at the same time something new may spike my creative flow.

I'm thinking of working on a new project which I was visioning in my head while I was in hospital. It will involve all characters from the game but will be a male protagonist lead instead. I know this may lose a lot fans and players but I still will give you opportunities to choose options for the females, so in a sense multi protag.

This is something I need to dwell over with the next few days and I'd love any input.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that Renders have always been my strong point, grammar and creating a story... not so much. I wanted to ask if there was anyone willing to work alongside me, understand my ideas/visions and help script a story from it.

I'm happy to be back and I hope everyone has been keeping safe and healthy during these strange times :).

- Dob.
Generally it is your decision.

However, things have never really turned out well when a developer has several projects running. Since every one takes a lot of time, none really goes ahead. And in addition to the fact that felt 95% of all erotic games already have a male MC, I'm not sure whether another one is suddenly luring everyone backwards. Because most of these games are only mediocre, as it is almost always the same, a uniformity, where many developers just swim with the crowd. There simply allready is too much vanilla/harem stuff out there. To stand out from the crowd, the content + story needs to be quite appealing and unusual.

So, I would advise you to stick with the current project and put your heart and soul into it. There is no point in starting umpteen things. You have to finish something.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I've been really unwell for the past few months and I've only just got out of hospital. My health is dramatically better, my family is healthy, safe and secure, financially I'm doing okay.
(y)

I'm thinking of working on a new project which I was visioning in my head while I was in hospital. It will involve all characters from the game but will be a male protagonist lead instead.
This is interesting, as I said months ago I like the look of the female characters in your game but I'm not interested in female protagonist games. I think back then I said something like I would like to see the game with Ryan as the MC in an incest harem setting without the other guys so I'm excited to see what you will do next.

Deleted member 824785

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hahahah feels.

I have a lot of ideas I just need to find someone to assist especially with working on Inertia.
One thing I'll definitely have to do is find someone who can write.
If anyone would like to help in anyway shape or form, my DMs are open :)
but for the meantime, time to get back to rendering, I miss the girls.

Thanks,
Dob

Reactions: AchedCroissant

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Generally it is your decision.

However, things have never really turned out well when a developer has several projects running. Since every one takes a lot of time, none really goes ahead. And in addition to the fact that felt 95% of all erotic games already have a male MC, I'm not sure whether another one is suddenly luring everyone backwards. Because most of these games are only mediocre, as it is almost always the same, a uniformity, where many developers just swim with the crowd. There simply allready is too much vanilla/harem stuff out there. To stand out from the crowd, the content + story needs to be quite appealing and unusual.

So, I would advise you to stick with the current project and put your heart and soul into it. There is no point in starting umpteen things. You have to finish something.
Translation - I don't care what you want to do just make the game I want. A vanilla/harem vn/game can stand out from the crowd and be appealing as long as enough effort is put into it.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Translation - I don't care what you want to do just make the game I want. A vanilla/harem vn/game can stand out from the crowd and be appealing as long as enough effort is put into it.
Except that for the most part of this game's history what members like exazubi and I are after in the game has been precisely what Marc has wanted to do.

For me the announcement of a male protag is a huge disappointment, and that what still is a unique concept is just going to turn into yet another Big Brother clone, much like the direction AWAM is going. I love the fact that Dylan is seen as a nuisance, which is incredibly refreshing in a game.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Except that for the most part of this game's history what members like exazubi and I are after in the game has been precisely what Marc has wanted to do.

For me the announcement of a male protag is a huge disappointment, and that what still is a unique concept is just going to turn into yet another Big Brother clone, much like the direction AWAM is going. I love the fact that Dylan is seen as a nuisance, which is incredibly refreshing in a game.
You can not know that for certain and that is selling this devs abilities short.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I didn't mention in a word what I want. I just wanted to encourage you to continue your old project, that was obviously what you wanted yourself to do in the past. And that would even have been a very good direction if you had stayed with your heart and soul. You should consider yourself lucky that there are still people who do this and express constructive criticism and who actually appreciate your ideas. That is a rarity in this forum.

You can of course take this new direction. I can already prophesy that you soon will get to know "fans" who actually really only want what they want. And who are also pretty aggressive to get it. Because it is precisely in this target group that most haters cavort. These are your very best friends as long as they get their wish. As soon as you try something else, they show their true face. Many developers are already desperate about this. I wanted to warn you about that. But i'm not forcing you to do anything, make your own experience. And after that you might think that maybe I wasn't that bad after all.

Good luck on your way.

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Hahahah feels.

I have a lot of ideas I just need to find someone to assist especially with working on Inertia.
One thing I'll definitely have to do is find someone who can write.
If anyone would like to help in anyway shape or form, my DMs are open :)
but for the meantime, time to get back to rendering, I miss the girls.

Thanks,
Dob
Unfortunately I have 0 experience in this field so my contribution would be very little lol :ROFLMAO:

But I hope someone is encouraged and wants to help you

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
well, I dont mind a male mc if its done well. similar to OurFate, would be great, but if its similar to DIK, it will be another of those games that Im not interested with.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
Dev already losing interest in their unfinished game? Scratch that dev (and their future work) off of my list. Not gonna take a chance that you wont just get bored and abandon your second project like the first. I recommend at least putting in an effort to finish this before you move on or you will lose a lot of community faith.

Reactions: DanThaMan

Deleted member 824785

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2018
I forgot how passive aggressive this community can be lol.

I never said I was abandoning Inertia, I said during my stay in hospital my ideas spiked of another game which I wanted to work on in the background.

In saying that it would take a lot of time away from my main project so as of now I'm back to the rendering of this game :)

Thanks,
Dob

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Marc Dob, I think a good way to persuade the mob is to reveal the idea and tell about what u want to do and how.
if you say: I will do a male MC game, my first thought is: another harem game with a preteenage dude fucking everything, sister, mom, all girls in school, teacher etc, with his megacock and nobody can't resist. and of course daddy is dead.

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
i would be ok with you doing another game, but i don´t like the idea to bring the girls from this into it, just because of how i played it till now. but in the end this are your games and you should do what you want to do.

3.90 star(s) 37 Votes