Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Contrary to what pop-culture, horror films, and judgmental moralists would have you believe,
random deformities are not a consequence of inbreeding. The only danger is the potential convergence of hereditary genes for specific disorders that may run in a family, only some of which cause noticeable deformities. Most of them just cause various medical complications. If the family does not carry such a gene, no amount of inbreeding will ever be a problem.

Meanwhile, it is entirely possible to marry outside your family and discover your spouse carries the same gene trait. My wife and I happen to have that problem, and due to family members obsessed with genealogy, we know for sure we are not related at least as far back as six or seven generations. We have had one set of fraternal twins, and they both have a hereditary MPS disorder. I think this has made me a little bitter about all the hate incest receives, because outlawing it "for medical reasons" did nothing to help prevent our kids from being born with a death clock of about 15-20 years.

ANY-HOO, I'm gonna go ahead and play this later tonight and try look past the "first draft face" to comment on some other aspect of the game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Contrary to what pop-culture, horror films, and judgmental moralists would have you believe,
random deformities are not a consequence of inbreeding. The only danger is the potential convergence of hereditary genes for specific disorders that may run in a family, only some of which cause noticeable deformities. Most of them just cause various medical complications. If the family does not carry such a gene, no amount of inbreeding will ever be a problem.

Meanwhile, it is entirely possible to marry outside your family and discover your spouse carries the same gene trait. My wife and I happen to have that problem, and due to family members obsessed with genealogy, we know for sure we are not related at least as far back as six or seven generations. We have had one set of fraternal twins, and they both have a hereditary MPS disorder. I think this has made me a little bitter about all the hate incest receives, because outlawing it "for medical reasons" did nothing to help prevent our kids from being born with a death clock of about 15-20 years.

ANY-HOO, I'm gonna go ahead and play this later tonight and try look past the "first draft face" to comment on some other aspect of the game.
Well, if it carry on over generation you are not exactly doing the gene pool a favor. A "one off" where both doesn't carry any bad genes or prone for disorders wouldn't result in "two headed babies" to put it on the extreme. I think it's more the risk of family members share the same "bad" genes is higher vs two strangers that hook up... Whatever surprises stored in your genes is not exactly stamped on your forehead either...

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
i WAS looking forward to trying this, saw the body, wow, then the face, my god, what the hell happened, and the fact it looks like a lesbian one (or am i wrong) ? The body looks amazing, but the face, ugh, shame

Reactions: articuno0123

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Lmao Jesus Christ, I didn't think her face was that bad xD.
She will be receiving a touchup/makeover in the next episode anyway which players can vote on so people are happier.
Body aesthetics not so much but I'll do some minor adjustments where needed.
Besides teasing her alien-like features is there actually any constructive criticism?

Thanks,
Dob.
Wow, there's a lot of jerks in here! Sorry your first day at work as a dev had to be so shitty. Ignore the people who think being rude and unfiltered is funny and focus on those who are trying to help, like Stevie's reply.

I'm interested in your game. I was immediately drawn to the cast of characters and the female MC. I see lots of ways for her to get lewded. Hoping to see more of it, so keep your head up and carry on.

I do agree that the MC's face needs some work, primarily in the proportions. She looks a little bit like a victim of Down's Syndrome, where the forehead is disproportionately large compared to the features, and the head overall is a bit large for the body, especially as shown in the bikini pose. While planning the scene and morphing the model, maybe you can zoom out to get fuller perspective or add another stock model or two so you can compare her head to theirs - then delete them before rendering.

Another suggestion: you have indicated that the game will develop as patrons vote. That's fine, but I suggest that you have a core plan overall for the game, one based on what you like to create. It's easy to let the patrons influence your game to the point where you're not making something you enjoy, and your motivation and your art will suffer from it.

For instance, if you plan for this to be a BBC game, but instead the patrons keep voting for content between MC and her father and brother, you'll find yourself making an incest game. If that's not your bag, you'll soon lose interest in it. So make sure you have a plan for the game and provide voting options that align with that plan.

Anyway, wish you luck and looking forward to further releases!

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
See the problem isn't just with the face, it's with her head too.

She looks like you took a Toon Model and tried to turn it into a realistic one.

Every single other model you have in this game is realistic looking, even the other girls. Your MC looks like alien invaded and is using mind control so everyone doesn't notice how horribly she copied human appearance. Also, for the love of all things, don't let your patrons decide her looks. Start her over entirely. If you used a Toon one, pick something else. If you didn't, revert her to default and try again.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
1) Start up Oblivion
2) Install 100 character mods that aren't compatible with each other
3) Press "randomize" 20 times
4) Confirm
5) Take screenshots, make xxx visual novel

Don't you dare expect us to fap to this abomination... this goblin doesn't need a dick, it needs a boss HP bar with Bloodborne music playing in the background...

Bonnenuit

Oct 4, 2018
Lmao Jesus Christ, I didn't think her face was that bad xD.
She will be receiving a touchup/makeover in the next episode anyway which players can vote on so people are happier.
Body aesthetics not so much but I'll do some minor adjustments where needed.
Besides teasing her alien-like features is there actually any constructive criticism?

Thanks,
Dob.
You took this remarkably well (which looks good for a dev -- gotta have a thick skin!). That said, you are right -- there is definitely a little oddness, but it wasn't that bad. I personally wouldn't have minded no change, but if people are calling for it, and you're willing, may as well please the masses :)

Good luck with the game -- I too will be keeping an eye on it!

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
The sister and Jennifer are the best looking ones in the game the FC looks like she has anorexia of the face or she ate a really really sour lemon or lime. The FC's body looks fine though. Not interested in any of the dudes. I'll wait to see if there will be any lesbian stuff or not before trying if there'll be no lesbian stuff then I'll most likely pass on the game.

Deleted member 824785

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2018
So after some rough feedback, I've decided I'm going to be changing the full look of the protagonist.
This will be a timely process as ill have to re-render a lot of images but that's okay I think it'll be worth it and save the game in the long run.

Although there was some constructive criticism that I appreciate, there were also a lot of trolls who don't understand the creative process and that's totally okay. Hopefully, the people who do have an interest stick around because there aren't too many female protagonist games that try to fulfill most people's desires with personal choice.

You also have to understand I've only been using Daz and renpy for about 2 months so besides her "alien-looking" head I'm pretty happy with the progress thus far (I've still got a lot to learn). For those of you being kind and showing support, thankyou. For those of you not, keep on fapping to some other VN's until I return with some freshness.

I will keep posting here for some feedback regarding her facial aesthetics so I don't make the same mistake again.

Thanks
- Dob

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
I will never understand the thing when mc looks ugly and other girls look sexy and gorgeous. I mean what's the point? If you want not a cliche look for fem chars - it's good. But this should applies to all of them, no? And here we have a mutant among the normal girls, really. This is weird.

3.90 star(s) 37 Votes