Yamkha

Feb 20, 2018
This needs the "Ugly Bastard" tag.
I don't think you can add such a tag anymore. In most hentai sites ugly bastard tags have been removed. That tag is literally pointing at people who have below-average face/body and conveys they are rapists, blackmailers, or termed as bad guys its what most games show them. Lets say your a cuckold and someone tags you with cuckold tags that's whats its looks like.

Yamkha

Feb 20, 2018
My translation was made for Version 1.0, it will not work on 2.0. You'll have to wait for Stompai's translation of 2.0 or find a copy of the 1.0 version of the game.
It looks like the MV is trying to read on .png instead of .rpgmv format. I'm not sure but try to decrypt the game and try again it will change all .rpgm extensions to their original file extensions. Not sure though. Since the new version may have new variables, common events so it might conflict.

Dec 4, 2017
Okay so idk if im just being dumb as fuck, but I legit can't get anything to work without getting a load error. I download the compressed 1.0 version and then the fan patch:
https://f95zone.to/threads/inferior-genes-v2-0-starworks.53080/page-4#post-3539494
I overwrite the data folder with the fan patch, and the game still works.

And then I download nyrom's latest fan translation for 1.0 and the game is fucked...

1623344377539.png

Bro I'm just gonna assume Nyrom used an non-compressed 1.0 version which I can't find unless I download from other websites that take 6 hours at max. This is sad, time to learn Japanese in earnest!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018
Progress has been slow, been very busy now that the world is booting back to life. Almost finished one scene (scenes are long in this game) but most of my time has been spent tinkering with the stuff previous translators did (learning the ropes + trying to find a common writing style). I might actually reverse my edits to their work though and instead copy their style. It's clear we came at this project from different perspectives. I wanted to keep the original meaning but write in a more traditional english style, whereas the previous translators (Stompai I assume) were going for a literal translation, keeping the japanese idiosyncrasies. For example the old intro has 2 translator notes explaining japanese phrases. Tha's something I personally would have wanted to avoid. Anyway, hopefully I can start working more on this once again.

Last edited:

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Progress has been slow, been very busy now that the world is booting back to life. Almost finished one scene (scenes are long in this game) but most of my time has been spent tinkering with the stuff previous translators did (learning the ropes + trying to find a common writing style). I might actually reverse my edits to their work though and instead copy their style. It's clear we came at this project from different perspectives. I wanted to keep the original meaning but write in a more traditional english style, whereas the previous translators (Stompai I assume) were going for a literal translation, keeping the japanese idiosyncrasies. For example the old intro has 2 translator notes explaining japanese phrases. Tha's something I personally would have wanted to avoid. Anyway, hopefully I can start working more on this once again.
Haha yeah I remember adding these "TL notes" dialogues to explain when something was too culture-specific that non-native would have a hard time to understand, or doing the literal translation like oji-san -> old man because I though that, while I'm a weeb and can understand the meaning, that some might not. Don't hesitate if you have some issues or technical related questions

aspirine2

Jul 14, 2017
the problem is with the System.json file ..i did overwrite every single file in the Data folder until i found that this is file that can't detect the translation files ...

2.80 star(s) 12 Votes